Scoop - Yuri Shimai is reborn!

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
      Ichijinsha's website reports the that "Yuri Hime" will be available in
      Summer 2005 - with a Yuricon Report!

      http://www.ichijinsha.co.jp/yurihime/

      Yuri Hime is going to have a cover by Hibiki Reine and it looks like
      all our favorite artists will be returning with their popular series -
      including Hayashiya Shizuru, artist of Strawberry Shake and Morinaga
      Miruku.

      There's a short story by Hibiki Reine as well and one of the essays is
      by Mori Natsuko, one of the Guests at Yuricon in Tokyo.

      Yuri Hime's target sales date is 7/16 and you can be sure that, as
      soon as it's available on Amazon JP, we'll have it on the Yuricon
      Shop!

      Yuri fans have something special to look forward to this summer. :-)

    • Clarissa C. S. Ryan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
        That's terrific! And there's YURICON right there in
        romaji so even I can spot it! Heehee...

        --
        Clarissa C. S. Ryan
        wintersweet@...
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
          atheniag wrote:

          >Ichijinsha's website reports the that "Yuri Hime" will be available in
          >Summer 2005 - with a Yuricon Report!
          >
          >http://www.ichijinsha.co.jp/yurihime/
          >
          >Yuri Hime is going to have a cover by Hibiki Reine and it looks like
          >all our favorite artists will be returning with their popular series -
          >including Hayashiya Shizuru, artist of Strawberry Shake and Morinaga
          >Miruku.
          >
          >There's a short story by Hibiki Reine as well and one of the essays is
          >by Mori Natsuko, one of the Guests at Yuricon in Tokyo.
          >
          >Yuri Hime's target sales date is 7/16 and you can be sure that, as
          >soon as it's available on Amazon JP, we'll have it on the Yuricon
          >Shop!

          Yay, this is really great news! :)

          Actually, the funny thing is that I had a dream last night that you were
          somehow involved in the production of Yuri Shimai under the new company,
          and you guys were having trouble getting mangaka to draw for it... And
          now today I wake up and open up my email and there's an email from you
          about Yuri Shimai. Very funny coincidence. ^^
          I hope tonight I dream about you winning the lottery and licensing all
          my favorite yuri manga and then wake up tomorrow to find that it's come
          true... ;)

          Erin
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
            wrote:
            > atheniag wrote:
            >

            > Yay, this is really great news! :)
            >
            > Actually, the funny thing is that I had a dream last night that you
            were
            > somehow involved in the production of Yuri Shimai under the new
            company,
            > and you guys were having trouble getting mangaka to draw for it...

            I've been thinking about the folks at Ichijisha alot lately. If they
            are half as crazy as I expect them to be, trying to get this issue out
            on time, then I have nothing but sympathy for them. :-)

            And
            > now today I wake up and open up my email and there's an email from
            you
            > about Yuri Shimai. Very funny coincidence. ^^
            > I hope tonight I dream about you winning the lottery and licensing
            all
            > my favorite yuri manga and then wake up tomorrow to find that it's
            come
            > true... ;)

            Me too! LOL

            Onna! Festival of women's roles in animation and comics
            Home of "Project Manga" - get your chance to break into the world of
            professional manga!
            October 8-10 2005 Newark, NJ
            http://www.onnafest.com
          • Erin Subramanian
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
              atheniag wrote:

              >Ichijinsha's website reports the that "Yuri Hime" will be available in
              >Summer 2005 - with a Yuricon Report!
              >
              >http://www.ichijinsha.co.jp/yurihime/
              >
              >Yuri Hime is going to have a cover by Hibiki Reine and it looks like
              >all our favorite artists will be returning with their popular series -
              >including Hayashiya Shizuru, artist of Strawberry Shake and Morinaga
              >Miruku.
              >
              >There's a short story by Hibiki Reine as well and one of the essays is
              >by Mori Natsuko, one of the Guests at Yuricon in Tokyo.

              Forgot to mention in my last email (whoops!), some more details for
              anyone who's curious but can't read Japanese:
              It talks about love between two "shoujo" (girls), so it looks like the
              ages of the characters will continue to be the same, not that that's any
              surprise. ^^
              The Yuricon Report looks like it will be in manga form? Or maybe I'm
              just misinterpreting that.
              They'll have the usual anime reviews (they call them "introductions"
              here, but same thing), as well as a special on yuri in horror, I think.

              Onto the artists:
              One of the pinups is by Sakura Shio, whose artwork I really like--she
              did the illustrations for the "Yurimu Monogatari" series of yuri-fied
              fairy tales that were in Yuri Shimai 2-5, if people have read those, as
              well as illustrations for a couple of other text stories, I think.
              Anyway, the "Yurimu Monogatari" illustrated text series is continuing, yay.
              It looks like the "Koi Shimai" illustrated text series is continuing as
              well, only it's called "Koi Suru Shimai." It's still written by the same
              person and still illustrated by Hibiki Reine (which is what Erica meant
              in her email, I think).

              As for mangaka, the names I recognize are:
              Zaou Taishi (and Eiki Eiki): did Her (Kanojo), Expressions of Love
              (Aijou Hyougen), Onna Ookami, etc.
              Miyabi Fujieda: did that story about the miko and the witch in Yuri
              Shimai 4-5
              Hayashiya Shizuru: mangaka of Strawberry Shake (duh, right?)
              CHI-RAN: did Aufbluehen in Yuri Shimai 5
              Takahashi Mako: Red Umbrella, White Umbrella (in Yuri Shimai 4), Sandals
              (in Yuri Shimai 5)
              Morinaga Miruku: Even if We're Not Friends, A Kiss, Love, and a Prince,
              This Love From I Can't Remember When, and so on--serialized story that's
              about different characters every time
              Shinonome Mizuo: Koi Shimai manga (Yuri Shimai 4-5)
              Inoue Shinkai: Pops, Pops 2nd
              Nawoko: Door (Tobira), A Special Person, Voice (Yuri Shimai 5)
              Izumi Yuu: Kaikan Spiral (Yuri Shimai 5)
              Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai before,
              but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
              circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.
              There were two names in there I didn't recognize, so I'm guessing
              they're people who haven't drawn for Yuri Shimai before.

              As Erica mentioned, there's also an essay by Mori Natsuko, although the
              name of the essay is different from her column in the past issues of
              Yuri Shimai.

              Hope this was informative! :)

              Erin
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                >From: Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Scoop - Yuri Shimai is reborn!
                >Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:52:37 -0400

                >Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai before,
                >but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
                >circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.

                Actually, she did do something for a previous YS. One of the cute little
                angel girl stories, the title of which has completely escaped me.

                >Hope this was informative! :)

                Thank you! I was going to get around to this, but have been a little busy -
                you saved me alot of time. :-)

              • Erin Subramanian
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                  Erica Friedman wrote:

                  >>Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai before,
                  >>but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
                  >>circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.
                  >>

                  >Actually, she did do something for a previous YS. One of the cute little
                  >angel girl stories, the title of which has completely escaped me.

                  Oh, Angels' Wings (Tenshi no Hane), from Yuri Shimai 2. I always forget
                  about those short color stories. ^^

                  >>Hope this was informative! :)
                  >>

                  >Thank you! I was going to get around to this, but have been a little busy -
                  >you saved me alot of time. :-)

                  You're welcome. :)

                  Erin
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                    wrote:
                    > Erica Friedman wrote:
                    >
                    > >>Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai
                    before,
                    > >>but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
                    > >>circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.
                    > >>

                    > >Actually, she did do something for a previous YS. One of the cute
                    little
                    > >angel girl stories, the title of which has completely escaped me.
                    > >

                    > Oh, Angels' Wings (Tenshi no Hane), from Yuri Shimai 2. I always forget
                    > about those short color stories. ^^

                    That's the one!

                    I didn't notice that the Yuricon report would be a manga....I read it
                    as Yuricon Report (comma implied) Yuri manga, anime shoukai...but now
                    that you point it out, it *does* say "Yuricon Report manga, Yuri anime
                    introductions," etc...

                    How terrifying. I shudder to think.

                    Onna! Home of "Project Manga"
                    http://www.onnafest.com
                  • Erin Subramanian
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                      atheniag wrote:

                      >I didn't notice that the Yuricon report would be a manga....I read it
                      >as Yuricon Report (comma implied) Yuri manga, anime shoukai...but now
                      >that you point it out, it *does* say "Yuricon Report manga, Yuri anime
                      >introductions," etc...
                      >
                      >How terrifying. I shudder to think.

                      Face it, Erica, it's your destiny to be drawn into manga. All these
                      one-time appearances are leading up to a serialized manga about your
                      adventures and trials as a yuri idol. This will shortly be followed by
                      all manner of Erica Friedman merchandise, in particular cute plushies
                      (because everyone loves plushies! maybe they'll even be talking ones),
                      and we'll eventually end up auctioning _you_ off on eBay to some crazy
                      fan who will then proceed to make you edit every terrible piece of
                      fiction they've ever written, most of which are self-insertion furry
                      hermaphrodite fics starring you and the rest of which are about
                      5-year-old children having sex, all with accompanying illustrations.
                      Have I succeeded in terrifying you yet? ;)

                      Erin
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                        >From: Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
                        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Scoop - Yuri Shimai is reborn!
                        >Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:42:56 -0400

                        >Face it, Erica, it's your destiny to be drawn into manga. All these
                        >one-time appearances are leading up to a serialized manga about your
                        >adventures and trials as a yuri idol. This will shortly be followed by
                        >all manner of Erica Friedman merchandise, in particular cute plushies
                        >(because everyone loves plushies! maybe they'll even be talking ones),
                        >and we'll eventually end up auctioning _you_ off on eBay to some crazy
                        >fan who will then proceed to make you edit every terrible piece of
                        >fiction they've ever written, most of which are self-insertion furry
                        >hermaphrodite fics starring you and the rest of which are about
                        >5-year-old children having sex, all with accompanying illustrations.
                        >Have I succeeded in terrifying you yet? ;)

                        What really terrifies me is that my so-called friends have threatened to
                        draw and make several of the above. There was the Erica Friedman handpuppet
                        idea bouncing around the Fanfic Revolution for a while and Kun has long
                        threatened to draw the "Adventures of Chibi-Erica." Thankfully, all these
                        people are very lazy.

                        And I just received a submission for the Fanfic Revolution...I'm beginning
                        to think you are bizarrely clairvoyant and wish, heartily, that you'd go
                        find someone else to be right about. LOL

                      • qa9999aq
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                          > What really terrifies me is that my so-called friends have
                          threatened to
                          > draw and make several of the above. There was the Erica Friedman
                          handpuppet

                          http://www.littledances.com/gallery/chibi.htm

                          ^___^
                        • Tim II
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 3, 2005
                            wrote:

                            > Face it, Erica, it's your destiny to be drawn into
                            > manga. All these
                            > one-time appearances are leading up to a serialized
                            > manga about your
                            > adventures and trials as a yuri idol. This will
                            > shortly be followed by
                            > all manner of Erica Friedman merchandise, in
                            > particular cute plushies
                            > (because everyone loves plushies! maybe they'll even
                            > be talking ones),

                            Ooooooooh..... all the catchphrases.

                            > and we'll eventually end up auctioning _you_ off on
                            > eBay to some crazy
                            > fan who will then proceed to make you edit every
                            > terrible piece of
                            > fiction they've ever written, most of which are
                            > self-insertion furry
                            > hermaphrodite fics starring you and the rest of

                            Now you have gone to far...for shame

                            > which are about
                            > 5-year-old children having sex, all with
                            > accompanying illustrations.
                            > Have I succeeded in terrifying you yet? ;)
                            >
                            > Erin

                            Tim II -semi-lurker

                            Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                            http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail