Great new stuff on the Yuricon website!

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hello all!

      There's alot going on on the Yuricon website, so if you haven't been
      there in a while, you should check in!

      Right off the top, we have some new items on the Yuricon Shop. New
      anime and manga titles have been added. "Shoujoai ni Bouken" the
      Illustrated Adventures of Yurko, with over two dozen illustrations by
      our own Kun (cover and incidental artist for all the Yuri Monogatari)
      is now on pre-order sale for over 30% off the cover price. This offer
      ends soon, so place your order now!

      And Cafepress is offering $10 off on all orders over $30. Yes - $10,
      not 10%. This offer lasts until June 14, so now is a really great time
      to get your "I Love Yuri" t-shirts and gifts and other great Yuricon
      items. Visit the Yuricon Shop at http://www.yuricon.org/shop

      We've got a new Essay, as well - your opinions on the Top Must-see/
      read yuri series were heard and is now our newest essay: Yuri 101 -A
      Beginner's Guide to "Must-See" Yuri Anime and Manga. We've also got an
      updated version of the "What is Yuri?" essay. After conversations with
      Itou Bungaku, the man who coined the term in 1971, and some of Japan's
      leading yuri authors and artists, we think we've got the history and
      etymology completely right, now. :-)

      Don't forget our new Yuriko Fanfic contest! We're looking for stories
      of Yuriko's best, worst and funniest jobs ever. Have fun with our
      beloved pop idol mascot and win some cool prizes - extra cool
      doujinshi, manga, anime, or a gift certificate to Anime Castle!

      New things coming in the next few days: New pictures on the Gallery;
      ALC Publishing is co-sponsoring "Project Manga" at Onna!, so all you
      up-and-coming manga artists look out for that; And new AMV's to go up
      soon on Yuri Studios, the web's only archive of all-yuri themed AMVs.
      Don't forget to check out the two winners of our 2005 contests,
      bakablonde's Devilman Lady AMV and QazYseult's Mary Goes To Prom, the
      winner of our Yuricon in Tokyo Contest.
      Yuri Studios: http://www.yuricon/org/videos/

      (QazYseult, if you're reading this, please email me....)

      So keep coming back to the Yuricon website for more yuri than anywhere
      else on the web! http://www.yuricon.org
    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
        So, I made a amv with Aoi & Chie from Mai Hime. However it looses points
        because its set to tatu, all the things she said. But I still like it.
        Here's the link for it. Its 50 megs.

        http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=428109

        --Ashley
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
          >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Yuri AMV
          >Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:32:38 -0400
          >
          >So, I made a amv with Aoi & Chie from Mai Hime. However it looses points
          >because its set to tatu, all the things she said. But I still like it.
          >Here's the link for it. Its 50 megs.
          >
          >http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=428109

          Totally loses points, but I forgive you because of the great choice of
          couple. ;-)

          Can it go up on Yuri Studios?

        • Ashley
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
            >So, I made a amv with Aoi & Chie from Mai Hime. However it looses points

            > >because its set to tatu, all the things she said. But I still like it.
            > >Here's the link for it. Its 50 megs.
            > >
            > >http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=428109
            >
            > Totally loses points, but I forgive you because of the great choice of
            > couple. ;-)
            >
            > Can it go up on Yuri Studios?

            I shall wait on pins and needles to see it on the site. hehe.

            --Ashley
          • kitten
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
              Just a reminder - submissions are currently being accepted for the Onna! AMV contest. Details are available at:

              Ashley <dreamingxashley@...> wrote:
              So, I made a amv with Aoi & Chie from Mai Hime. However it looses points
              because its set to tatu, all the things she said. But I still like it.
              Here's the link for it. Its 50 megs.

              http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=428109

              --Ashley

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/cGIolB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              kitty ^^
              BIPOLARIS DELERIUM MENTIA

              Discover Yahoo!

            • Ashley
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                kitten wrote:

                > Just a reminder - submissions are currently being accepted for the
                > Onna! AMV contest. Details are available at:
                > http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43
                > <http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43>
                >

                > *//*

                How would you put an amv on vhs?? Not that Im going to, but Im
                curious... Ill fix up my AMV and submit it. ^^

                --Ashley
              • Resop
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                  --- Ashley <dreamingxashley@...> wrote:

                  > kitten wrote:
                  >
                  > > Just a reminder - submissions are currently being accepted for the
                  > > Onna! AMV contest. Details are available at:
                  > > http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43
                  > > <http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43>
                  > >

                  > > *//*
                  > >
                  > How would you put an amv on vhs?? Not that Im going to, but Im
                  > curious... Ill fix up my AMV and submit it. ^^
                  >
                  > --Ashley

                  I have a macintosh powerbook. The easiest way one can put an AMV
                  on VHS in this environment is:

                  Get a microphone jack to RCA cable from Radio Shack.

                  Attach the S-video to VHS patch cable to a video cable (or the Yellow
                  cable in a Yellow/White/Red cable combo)

                  Connect the powerbook to the VCR by plugging the microphone
                  jack into the microphone plug in the power book and running the
                  Red/White RCA side to the Red/White input jacks to the VCR. Then
                  Plug the S-video jack into the S-video port and plug the yellow
                  RCA jack into the Yellow input jack of your VCR.

                  Put you VCR on the "line in" channel that corresponds to where
                  you plugged in your cables to the VCR.

                  Turn on the TV and fire up the computer. You should hear the
                  computer on the TV and see the background pattern.

                  Bring up on your computer VLC (Video LAN Client) and chose as
                  video output "Screen 2". Put your AMV into the playlist.

                  Start your video and then hit open-apple-F for full screen.

                  You should now see your video on the TV.

                  Stop the video. Start recording for a 10-15 second leader, then
                  restart your video.

                  Hope this helps!

                  Craig
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                    >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
                    >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Yuri AMV
                    >Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:14:24 -0400
                    >
                    >kitten wrote:
                    >
                    > > Just a reminder - submissions are currently being accepted for the
                    > > Onna! AMV contest.

                    Thumbs up, An. :-)

                    And any aspiring manga artists - don't forget that Onna! is the home of
                    "Project Manga" - your chance to have your work critiqued by professionals
                    in the American manga and comics industries.

                    Details are available at:
                    > > http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43
                    > >
                    ><http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43>
                    > >

                    > > *//*
                    > >
                    >How would you put an amv on vhs?? Not that Im going to, but Im
                    >curious... Ill fix up my AMV and submit it. ^^

                    You know - there didn't used to *be* digital technology. VHS was all people
                    had when AMVs were begun. :-)

                  • Ashley
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 10, 2005
                      http://akari.nazon.net/bbs/view.php?id=e_cosphoto&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&category=2&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=28

                      First: Beware of streamed music...
                      Second: Make sure you have pleanty of fresh air when looking at the
                      pics. lol

                      Now, its Kouya and Yamato, live-action! And the girls are rather pretty
                      too. ^^ Youko was wonderful enough to provide me with a search result
                      for a japanese index of loveless sites. hehe.

                      http://akari.nazon.net/ Thats the original site, and it looks like hes
                      gonna have the parts from episode 9 up sometime too. :D

                      --Ashley
                    • Cristian
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 25 12:10 PM
                        I made this fan trailer for the Utena movie (BGM is from the Inception trailer):

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrFot8w-l4
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 25 5:40 PM
                          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Cristian <koyuki.greatfulsound@...> wrote:

                          > I made this fan trailer for the Utena movie (BGM is from the Inception
                          > trailer):
                          >
                          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrFot8w-l4

                          Nice! Is it okay if I favorite it for Yuri Studios?

                        • Cristian
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 26 1:05 PM
                            Of course. I'm glad you liked it!