Re: Pibgorn comic strip--May 30, 2005

  • eguor3
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2005
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "eguor3" <TedSchller@a...> wrote:
      > > http://www.chickweed.com/comics/pibgorn/archive/pibgorn-20050530.
      > html
      > >
      > > Well. Evidently, Drusilla is a lesbian. Okay, so she had an
      affair
      > > with Shakespeare. :P
      > > For those who do not follow this strip, Drusilla is a succubus.
      > >
      > > Of course, there is the slight possibility that future events
      will
      > > prove me wrong. But, how often does that happen? 9_9
      > >

      > Hey - long time no post. :-)
      >
      > Um, so, what am I supposed to be seeing in this comic? I can see
      that
      > she plays the violin, but I'm not sure I remember that as a
      metaphor
      > for lesbian. lol

      There are two stories here. One is Drusilla playing something by
      Mozart, though the song is not identified. The other is Mozart being
      offered a commission to produce a requiem. This requiem is in memory
      of a beloved wife and is to be performed every year on the
      anniversary of her death.

      Is Drusilla playing the Requiem Mass? For a particular reason and on
      a particular day? Why must the commissioner remain anonymous?

      Is Drusilla the commissioner?

      If Drusilla was living as a human in Vienna in 1791 with a human
      female as her wife, they might wish to keep their relationship a
      secret, though the fact of them living together might be open
      knowledge.

      In this case, the trusted agent would not identify the commissioner
      and uses the pronouns "his" and "he" when discussing the commission.

      With regards,
      Ted