Re: "Saving Face" Review

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 9 , May 26 12:41 AM

      > Jen was just being silly - feel free to ignore her.

      This is extremely good advice. History has shown that my jokes
      require a 3 page minimum explanation. ^_^

      On the subject, here's some handy hints for anyone who wishes to get
      the most out of their Yuricon ML experience.

      1. Our beloved Erica has oodles of cash. Mountains of money, and it
      keeps piling up. Help our Erica spend it by telling her which yuri
      manga she should buy. She will, and thank you for it.

      2. In addition to loads of cash, Erica also has loads of free time,
      and desperately needs new tasks to keep her hands and minds occupied.
      If you find a particular manga you like, demand that Erica take the
      time to scan and translate it for you. Scanlations are great fun, and
      Erica will always reward you after it's done. Often with sugary treats.

      3. It is important to remember that our esteemed founder has
      particular requirements for scanlations. While she will gladly
      scanlate anything for anyone, she is not very fond of violence. Try
      to ensure the yurilicious cast don't use guns, swords, or any such
      violent instruments. Also, no-one rides a motorbike without a helmet.
      Good yuri is safe yuri.

      4. Angst is all well and good, but Erica also likes some nice
      bubblegum fluff stuff on occasion. Erica will always scanlate with
      great speed and quality if the cast are young, cute, a lil' ditzy, and
      prone to grabbing each other's bouncy boobs from behind, inducing an
      always entertaining "KYA!" Erica loves kyanime. Oh yeah, and maid
      uniforms. No glasses, though. Glasses are a disability, and she
      hates people drawing attention to them.

      5. There is such a thing as yuri overload, and this has left Erica
      with a yearning for a nice male protagonist in her yuri stories. So,
      if you know of an anime which stars a young man, but also features
      cute perky girls who are into booby-grabbin' (in maid's uniform), buy
      her the DVD Box set. You will have fansubs by the end of the week.

      6. Always concerned for her public image, Erica is deathly afraid to
      be seen to be "selling out." The Yuricon shop weighs heavily upon
      her, so rather than buy anything and add to her ethical dilemma,
      download everything instead and share it via BitTorrent. You're
      sharing yuri goodness with the world, and helping Erica "keep it real."

      7. If you really want to score points, don't forget that Erica is the
      original anime fangrrl. Call her Erica-chan, and refer to every
      single anime character as XXXX-chan. If you ever type someone's name,
      add the -chan. Include your own.

      Next week's handy tips: How to add loli to your yuri fanfics, ensuring
      an extra 10,000 readers.

      ^_^

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen
      Message 2 of 9 , May 26 5:20 AM
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:

        > This is extremely good advice. History has shown that my jokes
        > require a 3 page minimum explanation. ^_^

        Plan on being anywhere where I can slap you upside the head for this
        one this summer? LOL