RE: [Yuricon] Re: Your Top 3, must-read/see yuri series

    Message 1 of 38 , May 10, 2005
      >From: "Jen" <puni@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Your Top 3, must-read/see yuri series
      >Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:11:06 -0000
      >

      >Me, my list would probably be the same, except having never seen S&M,
      >I'd replace it with YKK.
      >
      >Come to think of it, I'd love to hear what our beloved, ever-popular
      >and ever-dangerous Erica thinks are the bad points are concerning
      >Yokohama Kaidakureushi Kaikahamawamabofana... or whatever it is YKK
      >stands for (it's been awhile).

      There are, IMHO, no bad points to Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou/Yokohma Shopping
      Log, and i have repeatedly said so on Okazu. It is a wonderful series, anime
      and manga. I have even gone so far as to write a fanfic for it.

      YKK is, without condition, one of my top ten favorite series, yuri or not.
      And like Sean said, subtle though it is, there's yuri.

      I fell head over heels with Alpha (just like Kokone did) and have been so
      since I first saw the anime. I have most of the manga, although I am missing
      a few issues, but I am filling in the holes as time and money allow.

      For me, any time spent with the Senshi of Sailor Moon, the Yamayurikai of
      Marimite, or Alpha and Kokone, is time well spent.

    • Royi Eltink
      Message 38 of 38 , May 17, 2005
        utena.tenjou@... wrote:
        > thanx, but isn't there a video-version...?

        Yes, there are..... however they're NTSC, and unless you got your hands
        on an NTSC playback conversion vcr deck (or an very old Philips deck
        with an compatible TV) you might run into problems watching them.

        I'm not sure whether UK has released any of the Utena.

        Where to buy them? Check ebay...

        - Ro'

        NB: Why video? The dvds are better available, and in case you can't find
        the PAL VHS, you could buy the dvds and tape them.... Not to mention
        that region-free dvdplayers are on special offer in your local Aldi ;).