RE: [Yuricon] [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American lesbian movie

    Message 1 of 13 , May 6, 2005
      >From: froggie <recycledmind@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: RE: [Yuricon] [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American
      >lesbian movie
      >Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 14:32:18 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >Field Trips? Sounds fun....too bad it wont be anywhere in the LA area huh?

      You can set one up in your area.

      Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands and feet
      and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events, dammit! Now
      you can't even manage to go to the movies without me to hold your hands?
      Geez.... lol

    • Regina Buenaobra
      Message 2 of 13 , May 6, 2005
        On 5/6/05, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

        > >Field Trips? Sounds fun....too bad it wont be anywhere in the LA area huh?
        >
        > You can set one up in your area.
        >
        > Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands and feet
        > and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events, dammit! Now
        > you can't even manage to go to the movies without me to hold your hands?
        > Geez.... lol

        Maybe that's their plan, with the hand-holding. :-O

        I wish they had a list of cinemas where this would be showing. I've
        looked around, and no dice. I even went to some of my local indie
        cinemas' websites, and nothing yet. I'll keep my eyes open, though,
        cos it looks like a promising movie.

        Regina
      • stynium
        Message 3 of 13 , May 7, 2005
          I'm guessing the distributors are negotiating with cinemas right now.

          So far, I can only find one cinema - Landmark Theaters is going to
          release it in Houston River Oaks Theater:
          http://www.landmarktheaters.com/Films/films_frameset.asp?id=39542

          So Houston folks, you're lucky!

          Knowing Landmark Theaters, they'll very likely release it in the Bay
          Area and San Francisco as well(where they are very gay friendly),
          and probably in the rest of the States? So those with Landmark
          Theaters nearby can watch out!

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Regina Buenaobra <sr388x@g...> wrote:

          > Maybe that's their plan, with the hand-holding. :-O
          >
          > I wish they had a list of cinemas where this would be showing. I've
          > looked around, and no dice. I even went to some of my local indie
          > cinemas' websites, and nothing yet. I'll keep my eyes open, though,
          > cos it looks like a promising movie.
          >
          > Regina
        • Jen
          Message 4 of 13 , May 8, 2005
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...> wrote:
            > Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands and
            feet and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events,
            dammit! Now > you can't even manage to go to the movies without me to
            hold your hands? Geez.... lol

            Now that you've realised you're the Popular One, when are you getting
            the gaggle of schooly fangrrls who fight to smear suntan lotion on
            your back n' stuff?

            Kisses XXOOXX
            Jen
            Message 5 of 13 , May 8, 2005
              >From: "Jen" <puni@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American
              >lesbian movie
              >Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 07:34:44 -0000
              >
              >Now that you've realised you're the Popular One, when are you getting
              >the gaggle of schooly fangrrls who fight to smear suntan lotion on
              >your back n' stuff?

              Got those. Duh.

              :-)

            • froggie
              Message 6 of 13 , May 9, 2005
                Because you're doing such a fine job! :)

                I dunno if my friends and I will be holding hands for this but, Saving Face is scheduled for an advance screening at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood on May 11 at 7:30pm.  It's unconfirmed but, a discussion with the director, Alice Wu, may take place after the screening.

                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...> wrote:
                > Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands and
                feet and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events,
                dammit! Now > you can't even manage to go to the movies without me to
                hold your hands? Geez.... lol

                Do you Yahoo!?
                Message 7 of 13 , May 9, 2005
                  >From: froggie <recycledmind@...>
                  >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American
                  >lesbian movie
                  >Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:13:42 -0700 (PDT)
                  >
                  >Because you're doing such a fine job! :)

                  Pfft.

                  >I dunno if my friends and I will be holding hands for this but, Saving Face
                  >is scheduled for an advance screening at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood
                  >on May 11 at 7:30pm. It's unconfirmed but, a discussion with the director,
                  >Alice Wu, may take place after the screening.

                  According to the Angelika Theater's (Houston St., NYC ) website, this movie
                  is "Coming Soon" . As soon as there's showing times listed, we can pick one.

                  If anyone is willing to set up a "field trip" in their area for this movie,
                  let me know and I'll post it to the YC events page!

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 10, 2005
                    >From: froggie <recycledmind@...>
                    >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American
                    >lesbian movie
                    >Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:13:42 -0700 (PDT)
                    >

                    >I dunno if my friends and I will be holding hands for this but, Saving Face
                    >is scheduled for an advance screening at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood
                    >on May 11 at 7:30pm. It's unconfirmed but, a discussion with the director,
                    >Alice Wu, may take place after the screening.

                    More unofficial info: Looks like this movie is going to premiere in NYC and
                    LA on May 27.

                    I'm going to try and contact the Publicity company for more details.

                  • jason
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 10, 2005
                      i know this sounds dumb but what is this movie all about if someone
                      cares to let those who satered in late to the board...
                      sorry about that.

                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, froggie <recycledmind@y...> wrote:
                      > Because you're doing such a fine job! :)
                      >
                      > I dunno if my friends and I will be holding hands for this but,
                      Saving Face is scheduled for an advance screening at the Egyptian
                      Theater in Hollywood on May 11 at 7:30pm. It's unconfirmed but, a
                      discussion with the director, Alice Wu, may take place after the
                      screening.

                      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...>
                      wrote:
                      > > Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands
                      and
                      > feet and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events,
                      > dammit! Now > you can't even manage to go to the movies without me
                      > hold your hands? Geez.... lol

                      > Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn
                      more.