RE: [Yuricon] [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American lesbian movie

  • froggie
    Message 1 of 13 , May 6 2:32 PM
      Field Trips? Sounds fun....too bad it wont be anywhere in the LA area huh?

      Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

      Maybe we can get together some field trips to various showings. Let me try
      and find out where and when it'll be playing. :-)

      Yahoo! Mail Mobile

      Message 2 of 13 , May 6 5:48 PM
        >From: froggie <recycledmind@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: RE: [Yuricon] [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American
        >lesbian movie
        >Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 14:32:18 -0700 (PDT)
        >
        >Field Trips? Sounds fun....too bad it wont be anywhere in the LA area huh?

        You can set one up in your area.

        Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands and feet
        and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events, dammit! Now
        you can't even manage to go to the movies without me to hold your hands?
        Geez.... lol

      • Regina Buenaobra
        Message 3 of 13 , May 6 9:30 PM
          On 5/6/05, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

          > >Field Trips? Sounds fun....too bad it wont be anywhere in the LA area huh?
          >
          > You can set one up in your area.
          >
          > Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands and feet
          > and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events, dammit! Now
          > you can't even manage to go to the movies without me to hold your hands?
          > Geez.... lol

          Maybe that's their plan, with the hand-holding. :-O

          I wish they had a list of cinemas where this would be showing. I've
          looked around, and no dice. I even went to some of my local indie
          cinemas' websites, and nothing yet. I'll keep my eyes open, though,
          cos it looks like a promising movie.

          Regina
        • stynium
          Message 4 of 13 , May 7 1:44 PM
            I'm guessing the distributors are negotiating with cinemas right now.

            So far, I can only find one cinema - Landmark Theaters is going to
            release it in Houston River Oaks Theater:
            http://www.landmarktheaters.com/Films/films_frameset.asp?id=39542

            So Houston folks, you're lucky!

            Knowing Landmark Theaters, they'll very likely release it in the Bay
            Area and San Francisco as well(where they are very gay friendly),
            and probably in the rest of the States? So those with Landmark
            Theaters nearby can watch out!

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Regina Buenaobra <sr388x@g...> wrote:

            > Maybe that's their plan, with the hand-holding. :-O
            >
            > I wish they had a list of cinemas where this would be showing. I've
            > looked around, and no dice. I even went to some of my local indie
            > cinemas' websites, and nothing yet. I'll keep my eyes open, though,
            > cos it looks like a promising movie.
            >
            > Regina
          • Jen
            Message 5 of 13 , May 8 12:34 AM
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...> wrote:
              > Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands and
              feet and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events,
              dammit! Now > you can't even manage to go to the movies without me to
              hold your hands? Geez.... lol

              Now that you've realised you're the Popular One, when are you getting
              the gaggle of schooly fangrrls who fight to smear suntan lotion on
              your back n' stuff?

              Kisses XXOOXX
              Jen
              Message 6 of 13 , May 8 11:59 AM
                >From: "Jen" <puni@...>
                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American
                >lesbian movie
                >Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 07:34:44 -0000
                >
                >Now that you've realised you're the Popular One, when are you getting
                >the gaggle of schooly fangrrls who fight to smear suntan lotion on
                >your back n' stuff?

                Got those. Duh.

                :-)

              • froggie
                Message 7 of 13 , May 9 9:13 AM
                  Because you're doing such a fine job! :)

                  I dunno if my friends and I will be holding hands for this but, Saving Face is scheduled for an advance screening at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood on May 11 at 7:30pm.  It's unconfirmed but, a discussion with the director, Alice Wu, may take place after the screening.

                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...> wrote:
                  > Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands and
                  feet and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events,
                  dammit! Now > you can't even manage to go to the movies without me to
                  hold your hands? Geez.... lol

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 9 11:08 AM
                    >From: froggie <recycledmind@...>
                    >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American
                    >lesbian movie
                    >Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:13:42 -0700 (PDT)
                    >
                    >Because you're doing such a fine job! :)

                    Pfft.

                    >I dunno if my friends and I will be holding hands for this but, Saving Face
                    >is scheduled for an advance screening at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood
                    >on May 11 at 7:30pm. It's unconfirmed but, a discussion with the director,
                    >Alice Wu, may take place after the screening.

                    According to the Angelika Theater's (Houston St., NYC ) website, this movie
                    is "Coming Soon" . As soon as there's showing times listed, we can pick one.

                    If anyone is willing to set up a "field trip" in their area for this movie,
                    let me know and I'll post it to the YC events page!

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 10 11:23 AM
                      >From: froggie <recycledmind@...>
                      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: [OT] Saving Face - live action Asian American
                      >lesbian movie
                      >Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:13:42 -0700 (PDT)
                      >

                      >I dunno if my friends and I will be holding hands for this but, Saving Face
                      >is scheduled for an advance screening at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood
                      >on May 11 at 7:30pm. It's unconfirmed but, a discussion with the director,
                      >Alice Wu, may take place after the screening.

                      More unofficial info: Looks like this movie is going to premiere in NYC and
                      LA on May 27.

                      I'm going to try and contact the Publicity company for more details.

                    • jason
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 10 6:12 PM
                        i know this sounds dumb but what is this movie all about if someone
                        cares to let those who satered in late to the board...
                        sorry about that.

                        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, froggie <recycledmind@y...> wrote:
                        > Because you're doing such a fine job! :)
                        >
                        > I dunno if my friends and I will be holding hands for this but,
                        Saving Face is scheduled for an advance screening at the Egyptian
                        Theater in Hollywood on May 11 at 7:30pm. It's unconfirmed but, a
                        discussion with the director, Alice Wu, may take place after the
                        screening.

                        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...>
                        wrote:
                        > > Why do you folks keep waiting for ME to do stuff? You have hands
                        and
                        > feet and mouths - do your oen yuri panels, and run your own events,
                        > dammit! Now > you can't even manage to go to the movies without me
                        > hold your hands? Geez.... lol

                        > Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn
                        more.