Lililicious is looking for Quality Checkers

  • Erin Subramanian
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4 9:32 AM
      I'm not sure if everyone has seen the notice on our website, so I'm
      posting this here as well, since I know some people here read our
      scanlations:

      Lililicious is looking for qc'ers (quality checkers)! They are the
      people who look over scanlations right before they're released in order
      to pick out any errors made in the translation or editing stages.

      Necessary qualities: Impeccable knowledge of spelling and grammar
      (anyone not fluent in English, or without this quality, need not apply),
      a good eye for catching mistakes (preferrably both in text and in
      graphics editing, but just the former is acceptable as well) and for
      telling when things sound "off" or awkward, enough free time to be able
      to qc things soon after they're sent, patience, and diligence.

      Perks: Getting to see the scanlations a day or two before they're
      released to the public, access to the staff irc channel which tells
      status of in-progress projects, op status in the main #lililicious
      channel, the joy of being part of the scanlation process and thus
      sharing something you enjoy with others who might not otherwise have
      access to it.

      We've just accepted two new people for the position, but we're still
      looking for someone who can ace our QC test, to supplement our current
      QC staff. If you'd like to try your hand at it, please email me
      _privately_ for the URL. Thanks!

      Erin
    • Erin Subramanian
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2006
        Lililicious is looking for a couple new quality checkers to supplement
        our current staff.

        Quality checkers are the people who look over scanlations right before
        they're released in order to pick out any errors made in the translation
        and editing stages. Their primary duty is to catch typos; their
        secondary duty is to pick out lines of dialog that sound awkward or
        unnatural and to suggest ways in which those lines can be improved (this
        can include anything from flat-out Engrish-- though that should be quite
        rare-- to unnatural mixing of levels of politeness or slang in a given
        line).
        Necessary qualities: Impeccable knowledge of spelling and grammar
        (please don't apply if you aren't fluent in English), a good eye for
        catching mistakes and for telling when things sound awkward, enough free
        time to be able to QC things soon after they're sent, patience, and
        diligence.
        Our new QC test is located at http://yurizuki.net/qc_test/ . Some of the
        pages in the test have errors and some don't, though the overall number
        of errors is much, much greater than what you should expect to see in a
        real project. If you're interested in taking the test, please write out
        your answers either in a text file or the body of an email and send it
        to erin dot sub at gmail dot com (please don't reply directly to the
        mailing list!). If you have any questions, please direct them to that
        same address. Thank you!
      • Lililicious
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2007

          Our QC test is located at http://yurizuki.net/qc_test/ . Some of the