Re: This season's yuri service - one thumbs up and one thumbs downdown

  • stynium
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2005

      > who STILL wants a good yuri series about adult women who look like
      > adult women...sigh

      Where I come from, there's a saying about this: "Wait long long."

      Which basically means that if you want an anime series with adult
      women who look like adult women...it's not gonna happen ^_^ , as long
      as anime writers are still writing for teenage boy and girl and middle
      aged otaku male fantasies.

      Bern (who still loves yuri anime but who now really, really
      appreciates the L Word)
    • mellowrg
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2005
        > Seriously,
        >

        > SPOILER
        >

        > SPACE
        >

        > It's not like Kanaede makes any secret, to us anyway, privy as we
        are to her
        > mumblings, about being a guardian figure to Rino.
        >
        > So it does make alot of sense if she really is the "Mr. Poppit" - a
        name
        > taken from her knoweldge of Rino's attachment to Pu-chan, maybe?
        >
        > In any case, I still hope for Nanaho x Kanaede fanfic, liking competent
        > women as I do. :-)

        I think Mr. Poppit is just a figment of crazy Rino's imagination.
        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2005
          >From: "mellowrg" <mellowrg@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Gokujo Seitokai (mild spoilers) RE: [Yuricon] Re: This season's
          >yuri service
          >Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 08:00:16 -0000
          >

          > > Seriously,
          > >

          > > SPOILER
          > >

          > > SPACE
          > >

          > > It's not like Kanaede makes any secret, to us anyway, privy as we
          >are to her
          > > mumblings, about being a guardian figure to Rino.
          > >
          > > So it does make alot of sense if she really is the "Mr. Poppit" - a
          >name
          > > taken from her knoweldge of Rino's attachment to Pu-chan, maybe?
          > >
          > > In any case, I still hope for Nanaho x Kanaede fanfic, liking competent
          > > women as I do. :-)
          > >

          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > Erica
          >

          >I think Mr. Poppit is just a figment of crazy Rino's imagination.

          I thought so too, initially. But while Pu-chan has a deeper understanding of
          obvious things and a wealth of obscure facts that Rino can't access
          otherwise, he doesn't seem to have any organizational skills...that is Rino
          doesn't seem to possess those, even in the schizoid part of her brain.

          It simply makes a lot more sense to me if Kanaede, who obviously has some
          serious fondness for Rino's mother and therefore is determined to protect
          and care for Rino, had arranged everything. She's quirky enough too have
          chosen the name Mr. Poppet, since we know that Pu-chan and Rino's mom are
          contemporary. :-)

          The reason it makes more sense is that I simply cannot see Rino possessing
          the organization to have applied to the school and arranged for transfer,
          lodging, etc. But Kanede would have no difficulty getting Rino into the
          school.

          Anyway - this is beating a comedy well past breaking point. lol It hardly
          matters.