Re: [Yuricon] Re: My HyMEn Progress Report.

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1 2:00 PM
      Its sad really... I liked it for various reason... namely because of all
      the yuri-couples that they put in there, but left them for the most
      part, vague. Im glad I never listened to drama cd... not that I can
      understand Japanese except for a few words here and there heh.

      Andy, best line from your whole review: "Aoi and Chie. The
      Ambiguously Gay Duo" XD

      --Ashley

    • Jen
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 10, 2005
        Well, we're coming up to the second half of the series here (it's
        almost anime night), and things are are about to go very bad for the
        My HyME crew. The problem, is the endings coming up as well.

        I need to be ready for all the WTF reactions and ensuing questions,
        and sadly I possess not one smidge of understanding as so far as My
        HiME's ending goes.

        Can someone direct me to a website or forum discussion they know where
        all the answers are known and discussed? Y'know, stuff like:

        * Who and what were Mashiro & Nagi?

        * Reito, how he got there and what did he become?

        * What was the Dark Lord's plan anyway?

        * What would the Dark Lord or Mashiro consider a success?

        * What and why were the Orphans, and what was their goal?

        * What's Akira's history, story and plan?

        * What and why was SEARRS?

        * The Carnival and the IkusaHime. Again, what's that about?

        Stuff like that. When *I* watched it, I just wrote it off as stuff
        native Japanese viewers would automatically know, filed it under
        "Intended for JP audience", and moved on. However, the catpack won't
        let me go quite so easily. They'll want answers.

        Anyone? ^_^

        Kisses XXOOXX
        Jen
      • redadmiral66
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 10, 2005
          Well, the answers to some of those questions (or speculations
          thereof) may be found here:

          http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

          I can have a go at a couple myself. The Orphans were thingamajigs
          summoned from another dimension (possibly the same one as the
          Childs) by Nagi, to draw out/test the HiMEs. SEARRS was implied to
          be the shadow government that runs the West, as the First District
          was the shadow government that runs the East. They wanted their fake
          HiME to be the last one standing, so they could push out the FD and
          harness the HiME Star's nebulously-defined 'power' for themselves.

          I have to say though that a couple of your questions (the one about
          Akira in particular) I can't even remember being discussed at all.

          Hope this is of some help,

          Steve