Re: This season's yuri service - one thumbs up and one thumbs downdown

  • koyotememories
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
      > Hi all -
      >
      > Not much in the way of decent yuri on the airwaves this spring, but
      > there's some anime that use yuri as basic "service".
      >
      > Firstly, the thumbs down.
      >
      > "He Is My Master" is the emotional equivalent of violence against
      > women. After three episodes I'm done. It's disgusting. There is NO
      > amount of yuri that will make me ever watch another episode of this

      well, sadly I agree, the anime seems to steer towards "this" type
      fanservice and at this point they havent yet introduced the character
      Anna yet.

      The whole idea of the series seem to be the be a sort of satire
      for "over the top" hentai characters.
      The manga seem to show the satire part alot better than the anime.
      They even made the point clear in their writer page, that this is
      not a harem, love type that it seems to be.
      As for the overt sexual harrasments, again the manga is better at
      showing the satire part better. And as the chapters progress, they
      make it more apparent that Anna gets more attention from Izumi
      although she basically gets the same treatment as the male "lead".
      I guess they just like to see Izumi get harrassed;;, but on the
      bright side, Anna seems to always be the winner at getting more of
      Izumi, even against the male lead. But I understand your feelings,
      although interesting, sexual harrasment is never good, evem of its
      from another female, Its just a cheap excuse from a real relationship.

      I guess japanese fans both male/female like this series because they
      see the "interaction" between Anna and Izumi as less
      threatening :shrug:.

      the moral of this story? anime bad, manga good

      bbi~
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 11:17 AM
        >From: "shirobara12" <shirobara12@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: This season's yuri service - one thumbs up and one
        >thumbs downdown
        >Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 02:45:12 -0000
        >
        >--- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all -
        > >

        > > Gokujou Seitokai
        > >
        > > This is a super-ridiculous farce about a poor orphan Rino, who,
        > > through utterly absurd cirmcumstances ends up as part of the super-
        > > high, super-powerful Student Council at a super-elite girls' private
        > > school.
        >
        >It was about time that someone wrote about this here. ^^ I was
        >starting to think I'd have to do it myself...

        I wish you would. I'm increasingly busy these days, so other folks chiming
        in is always a good thing!

        >(And there's nothing absurd to the circumstances, it was all
        >Kanade's master plan, so there! ^^)

        Okay, I'd actually go with that. She's the mysterious Mr, Poppit? :-)

        Seriously,

        SPOILER

        SPACE

        It's not like Kanaede makes any secret, to us anyway, privy as we are to her
        mumblings, about being a guardian figure to Rino.

        So it does make alot of sense if she really is the "Mr. Poppit" - a name
        taken from her knoweldge of Rino's attachment to Pu-chan, maybe?

        In any case, I still hope for Nanaho x Kanaede fanfic, liking competent
        women as I do. :-)

      • stynium
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2 4:34 PM

          > who STILL wants a good yuri series about adult women who look like
          > adult women...sigh

          Where I come from, there's a saying about this: "Wait long long."

          Which basically means that if you want an anime series with adult
          women who look like adult women...it's not gonna happen ^_^ , as long
          as anime writers are still writing for teenage boy and girl and middle
          aged otaku male fantasies.

          Bern (who still loves yuri anime but who now really, really
          appreciates the L Word)
        • mellowrg
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4 1:00 AM
            > Seriously,
            >

            > SPOILER
            >

            > SPACE
            >

            > It's not like Kanaede makes any secret, to us anyway, privy as we
            are to her
            > mumblings, about being a guardian figure to Rino.
            >
            > So it does make alot of sense if she really is the "Mr. Poppit" - a
            name
            > taken from her knoweldge of Rino's attachment to Pu-chan, maybe?
            >
            > In any case, I still hope for Nanaho x Kanaede fanfic, liking competent
            > women as I do. :-)

            I think Mr. Poppit is just a figment of crazy Rino's imagination.
            Message 5 of 8 , May 6 5:47 AM
              >From: "mellowrg" <mellowrg@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Gokujo Seitokai (mild spoilers) RE: [Yuricon] Re: This season's
              >yuri service
              >Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 08:00:16 -0000
              >

              > > Seriously,
              > >

              > > SPOILER
              > >

              > > SPACE
              > >

              > > It's not like Kanaede makes any secret, to us anyway, privy as we
              >are to her
              > > mumblings, about being a guardian figure to Rino.
              > >
              > > So it does make alot of sense if she really is the "Mr. Poppit" - a
              >name
              > > taken from her knoweldge of Rino's attachment to Pu-chan, maybe?
              > >
              > > In any case, I still hope for Nanaho x Kanaede fanfic, liking competent
              > > women as I do. :-)
              > >

              > > Cheers,
              > >
              > > Erica
              >

              >I think Mr. Poppit is just a figment of crazy Rino's imagination.

              I thought so too, initially. But while Pu-chan has a deeper understanding of
              obvious things and a wealth of obscure facts that Rino can't access
              otherwise, he doesn't seem to have any organizational skills...that is Rino
              doesn't seem to possess those, even in the schizoid part of her brain.

              It simply makes a lot more sense to me if Kanaede, who obviously has some
              serious fondness for Rino's mother and therefore is determined to protect
              and care for Rino, had arranged everything. She's quirky enough too have
              chosen the name Mr. Poppet, since we know that Pu-chan and Rino's mom are
              contemporary. :-)

              The reason it makes more sense is that I simply cannot see Rino possessing
              the organization to have applied to the school and arranged for transfer,
              lodging, etc. But Kanede would have no difficulty getting Rino into the
              school.

              Anyway - this is beating a comedy well past breaking point. lol It hardly
              matters.