another doujinshi overview

  • Shimako Toudou
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2005
      Here's a scattered overview of some of the new and used doujinshi I
      acquired during the recent trip to Tokyo that was not mentioned by
      Erica in an earlier email. I selected items by the logically-sound
      method of "Oooh, purty cover!" and/or "Look, it's Shimako on the
      cover, better grab it!" It's a not a particularly wise way to pick
      doujin, but unless you're knowledgeable about doujin circles or have
      heard of some of the titles, it's better than sweeping entire armloads
      of them into the shopping basket, tempting as it occasionally was in
      the stores. Remember, paper is heavy, but bleeding paper yen left and
      right is not a good way to balance things out. *g*

      Warning: one measly semester's worth of Japanese means I'm still
      mostly Japanese-illiterate, so I'm guessing on some of the plots and
      titles in these doujinshi. Where there's no clue on how to read the
      titles, I'll stick an [unknown] there.

      Marimicho 8 by Skirthike, 28 pg http://www6.plala.or.jp/skirthike/
      Story one: Noriko visits Shimako at her home/temple. Comedic ecchiness
      ensues. Story two: Sei, Shimako, and Noriko as catgirls. Err... yeah.

      Marimicho 9 by Skirthike, 28 pg http://www6.plala.or.jp/skirthike/
      Valentine's Day-themed. Noriko fangirls Shimako constantly (who can
      blame her?). Valentine's Day is approaching and Noriko discusses
      something with Drill-chan (exchanging V-Day tips?). She gets chocolate
      for Shimako but accidentally loses it somewhere. Panic ensues. Also
      includes mini gag comics about Noriko imagining Shimako in all sorts
      of ecchi situations; Drill-chan gives Yumi what is presumably choco;
      and Kanako gives Yumi a very long bar of choco she hid behind her
      back.

      [Unknown] by Skirthike, 22pg http://www6.plala.or.jp/skirthike/
      Three very cute and adorable Shimako and Noriko 4-koma bookend this
      rather sparse volume. First half: Noriko sees Shimako in a swimsuit
      and goes "BANZAI!" but then realizes Shimako's more well-endowed than
      herself and gets envious. A magic "time travel" blanket flutters by,
      affecting the body or body parts it covers by aging them forwards or
      backwards in time. Shimako's the victim. Hilarity ensues. Second half:
      various fanart of Shimako.

      If I should run across Skirthike doujin again, I'd buy them in a
      heartbeat. Those three doujin are very enjoyable.

      [Unknown]Overdrive by Milk Candy, 20pg http://www.milk-candy.net
      Focuses on the Rosa Gigantea family. Despite the presence of Shiori on
      the cover, there seems to be nothing about her in the story.

      Once Upon a Time in Lilian by Type Punishment, 30pg
      http://www.upp.so-net.ne.jp/punishment/
      18 and over.
      Story one: The students are flying somewhere. Sei sexually assaults
      Shimako in the airplane lavatory. Story two: A battle-worn and weary
      Tsutako recounts how the Yamayurikai slaughtered each other. I didn't
      like this doujin.

      White Happiness by Savasthya-Haseko, 16pg
      Dramatic story about the Rosa Gigantea family.

      Reberu 99 Ninaruhon by Kaishaku, 74pg. Includes shitajiki of the cover
      art. http://www.toshima.ne.jp/~kaishaku
      18 and over.
      What caught my attention about this doujin was KAISHAKU DOES MARIMITE!
      Kaishaku's the team responsible for Steel Angel Kurumi and Kannazuki
      no Miko. Published in 1999, this doujin predates KnM. Most of the
      stories in this volume I can do without (sexually violent and/or
      lolicon >_< ). The only Marimite story is about Sachiko and Yumi's
      first meeting in front of Maria-sama's statue. Later on, Sachiko has a
      sexually-violent dream(?) about Yumi. Err.. yeah. You can see how
      their vision of Marimite influenced the later development of KnM, as
      this psychologically-questionable Sachiko is a spitting image of
      Chikane Himemiya, and Yumi has the same Himeko Kurusugawa
      innocent+clueless air about her. No shelf-sweeping method of shopping
      for Kaishaku doujin for me!

      Mariage by Kaito Aoume, 18pg.
      All color pages of beautiful Marimite artwork.

      Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito [unknown] by Carnelian, 16pg.
      http://village.infoweb.jp/~fwks2035
      From the person who did the original character design for the YamiBou
      game, this is just B&W artwork and comments about said game.
      Everything in here is in the hardcover YamiBou Fan Book and that has
      them all in full color. For the price I paid for this, I was highly
      disappointed at the (lack) of content, though I suppose it's good for
      completionist's sake. The other 3 Carnelian artwork collection doujin
      (helpfully titled Volume 1, Volume2 and Volume 3 *g* ) I picked up are
      much nicer and worth acquiring if you like Carnelian's art. All are 18
      and over.

      Higashinga-Taisen 3 by Laputa Empire, 18pg http://www2.pos.to/~henyo/
      Azumanga Daioh characters plunked into the Sakura Taisen 3 world.
      Comics are all 4-koma, drawn in manga Azumanga style. Very funny and
      cool if you happen to be a fan of both series.

      True Colors No. 3 by Reine Hibiki/Russian Blue, 26pg, http://hibiki.cside3.com
      The all-black cover drew my attention to this mysterious volume and by
      tilting the cover, I could read the the name REINE HIBIKI. *skweee!*
      For those who don't know, Hibiki-san is the one who does the
      illustrations for the Marimite novels and the covers of Yuri Shimai. A
      slightly larger scale collection of very beautiful pencil sketches for
      Marimite, Koi Shimai, and Final Fantasy XI, plus original drawings.
      One of the drawings is of Sachiko looking very sauve in an
      swashbuckler FFXI outfit, with an adoration-overdosed Yumi in the
      background. One of the best doujin I purchased on this trip.
    • Sean Gaffney
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2005
        On 30 Apr 2005 at 20:05, Shimako Toudou wrote:

        > Once Upon a Time in Lilian by Type Punishment, 30pg
        > http://www.upp.so-net.ne.jp/punishment/
        > 18 and over.
        > Story one: The students are flying somewhere. Sei sexually assaults
        > Shimako in the airplane lavatory. Story two: A battle-worn and weary
        > Tsutako recounts how the Yamayurikai slaughtered each other. I didn't
        > like this doujin.

        There were 2 things that made this otherwise average porn dojin stand out for me:

        1) The use of a model Tower of Pisa as a dildo;
        2) Kei standing watch outside, looking very weary and disgruntled. :D

        --SG
      • Jen
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Shimako Toudou <shimako@g...> wrote:
          > http://www6.plala.or.jp/skirthike/

          http://www6.plala.or.jp/skirthike/img/comic/yokokumanga/marihime02.gif

          That one sample made my whole day. ^_^

          Kisses XXOOXX
          Jen
        • Jeyl
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1 4:59 AM
            > http://www6.plala.or.jp/skirthike/img/comic/yokokumanga/marihime02.gif
            >

            > That one sample made my whole day. ^_^

            Doh, if only I knew why.
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1 11:03 AM
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Jeyl <theo@v...> wrote:
              > > http://www6.plala.or.jp/skirthike/img/comic/yokokumanga/
              marihime02.gif

              > > That one sample made my whole day. ^_^
              >
              > Doh, if only I knew why.

              Shizuru (from Mai Hime) and Sei (from Marimite) start off eyeing each
              other as if they are rival alpha wolves, then come to realize that
              they are the same kind of person and agree to be friends.

              If you've seen both series, its amusing.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 2 8:46 AM
                >From: Shimako Toudou <shimako@...>
                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [Yuricon] another doujinshi overview
                >Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:05:38 -0700

                Also
                >includes mini gag comics about Noriko imagining Shimako in all sorts
                >of ecchi situations; Drill-chan gives Yumi what is presumably choco;
                >and Kanako gives Yumi a very long bar of choco she hid behind her
                >back.

                I have a doujinshi, which I was too lazy to look up for this post, in which
                Noriko awakens from a dream where she and Shimako were kissing. She goes to
                school, only to find that Shimako acts exactly the same as in the dream.
                Just before they kiss, Yoshino and Yumi come into the council room,
                interrupting them, but Shimako promises that they'll continue later.

                Very normal cute. The funny bit comes later as a short gag comic, when Touko
                has *exactly* the same dream as Noriko did, about herself and Yumi, kissing
                in the Rose mansion.

                At school Yumi, completely unaware of any of this, of course, asks Touko if
                she's planning on going to the Rose Mansion and Touko screams and backs up,
                shouting, "No, no! Get away! I won't!"

                Now, everytime I see Noriko and Shimako kissing, I think of poor Touko. lol