Re: [Yuricon] Earthquake

  • rosepress@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
      In a message dated 4/10/2005 8:21:58 PM Central Standard Time, ximatl@... writes:
      We felt the earthquake. For us it was around 7:30 am and being our
      first ever earthquake it was really kind of bizarre.
      Yes, I was through about three teensy earthquakes on Oahu, and one moderate one on the Big Island. The wind was blowing, and I thought it was shaking the house, but then I realized that concrete slab foundations - which I was lying on - do not shake in the wind.

      Hah. No tsunamis nor earthquakes in Minnesota!

      Ellen Rose
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Clarissa C. Smith" <wintersweet@s...>
        wrote:
        > Worldshaking fanfic indeed. o_o
        > http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/uswsb6.htm
        > I just got the notification so I don't know if this
        > quake is going to be a big deal or not; however, with
        > a 6.0 so near Tokyo, the potential is there. Maybe it
        > was too deep to bother any Yuricon'ers or others.

        Yup - we felt it. It was probably about a 3 here. It felt like a boat
        rocking, which is very disconcerting when one is on the 16th floor of
        a hotel....

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
          On Apr 11, 2005, at 11:14 AM, Clarissa C. Smith wrote:

          > --- Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
          >>> We felt the earthquake.
          >
          > Just part of Yuricon's full service Pacific Rim
          > experience! ;D Glad it wasn't a big deal.

          That must have been in the fine print we didn't bother reading. ;)

          -==-
          Serge
          http://ximatl.blogspot.com
        • Jen
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
            wrote:
            > Worldshaking fanfic indeed. o_o
            > http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/uswsb6.htm

            If you wanted to star in your own anime, you should've gone for the
            "caught in shootout between MiB & cool dyke on motorbike, becomes cool
            dyke's partner" thing, instead of the "Tokyo rumbles, the dreaded
            ancient evil arises from it's 10,0000 year slumber" thing. Now you've
            gotta wear the school uniform and a get a cute, booby-groping sidekick.

            Shame. With the cool dyke you get to shoot Men-In-Black and travel
            across Europe and stuff. Now all you get to do is save Tokyo/Earth.

            Oh well, I guess either way you'll be squealing "KYA~!" ^_^

            Kisses XXOOXX
            Jen
          • Ashley
            Message 5 of 12 , May 1, 2005
              have made this (loving) spoof!

              http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/dreamingxashley/aoichie05.jpg

              :D Enjoy.

              --Ashley
            • pharmacy
              Message 6 of 12 , May 1, 2005
                かわいい heh nice.. love the pic

                On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 19:01 -0400, Ashley wrote:
                > have made this (loving) spoof!
                >
                > http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/dreamingxashley/aoichie05.jpg
                >
                > :D Enjoy.
                >
                > --Ashley

                > Service.

              • Ami Mizuno
                Message 7 of 12 , May 2, 2005
                  And here I thought that title belong to Pretty Cure.
                  :D

                  HC

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 2, 2005
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ami Mizuno <amitempo@y...> wrote:

                    > And here I thought that title belong to Pretty Cure.
                    > :D

                    One of the problems I have with PC is how NOT ambiguous Nagisa is.
                    Every episode spends about half of Nagisa's screen time having her
                    moon over her boy.

                    Honoka's not really all that ambiguous, either. Every chance she gets,
                    she snuggles as close as she can to Nagisa...in the one episode I saw
                    in Tokyo, she practically crawled into Nagisa's lap. No fooling.

                    OTOH, Nagisa doesn't push Honoka away, so maybe you're righter than I
                    am. :-)