Earthquake

  • Clarissa C. Smith
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
      Worldshaking fanfic indeed. o_o
      http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/uswsb6.htm
      I just got the notification so I don't know if this
      quake is going to be a big deal or not; however, with
      a 6.0 so near Tokyo, the potential is there. Maybe it
      was too deep to bother any Yuricon'ers or others.

      P. S. *waves at Ashley*

      --
      Clarissa C. Smith
      wintersweet@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
        Aha!! lol. Yeah I hope everyone stays safe in Tokyo... dont need another
        tsunami like the last one. :x

        --Ashley

        > Worldshaking fanfic indeed. o_o
        > http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/uswsb6.htm
        > I just got the notification so I don't know if this
        > quake is going to be a big deal or not; however, with
        > a 6.0 so near Tokyo, the potential is there. Maybe it
        > was too deep to bother any Yuricon'ers or others.
        >
        > P. S. *waves at Ashley*

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
          On Apr 11, 2005, at 9:47 AM, Ashley wrote:

          > Aha!! lol. Yeah I hope everyone stays safe in Tokyo... dont need
          > another
          > tsunami like the last one. :x
          >
          > --Ashley
          >
          >> Worldshaking fanfic indeed. o_o
          >> http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/uswsb6.htm
          >> I just got the notification so I don't know if this
          >> quake is going to be a big deal or not; however, with
          >> a 6.0 so near Tokyo, the potential is there. Maybe it
          >> was too deep to bother any Yuricon'ers or others.
          >>
          >> P. S. *waves at Ashley*

          We felt the earthquake. For us it was around 7:30 am and being our
          first ever earthquake it was really kind of bizarre. We were in bed
          when the entire building started swaying, and at first the Donna
          thought it was wind, but then we realized that it was in fact an
          earthquake. We looked outside the window and saw that the people in the
          street were doing their normal Monday morning routine, so we figured it
          wasn't a big deal. They made an announcement over the hallway speakers
          about it, saying there was no damage. I think they said on the news
          that where we were it was only about a 3. We met up with Erica and
          Patty for breakfast and talked and laughed about it, and that was
          pretty much it.

          -==-
          Serge
          http://ximatl.blogspot.com
        • Clarissa C. Smith
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
            --- Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
            >>We felt the earthquake.

            Just part of Yuricon's full service Pacific Rim
            experience! ;D Glad it wasn't a big deal.

            --
            Clarissa C. Smith
            wintersweet@...
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
              In a message dated 4/10/2005 8:21:58 PM Central Standard Time, ximatl@... writes:
              We felt the earthquake. For us it was around 7:30 am and being our
              first ever earthquake it was really kind of bizarre.
              Yes, I was through about three teensy earthquakes on Oahu, and one moderate one on the Big Island. The wind was blowing, and I thought it was shaking the house, but then I realized that concrete slab foundations - which I was lying on - do not shake in the wind.

              Hah. No tsunamis nor earthquakes in Minnesota!

              Ellen Rose
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 10, 2005
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Clarissa C. Smith" <wintersweet@s...>
                wrote:
                > Worldshaking fanfic indeed. o_o
                > http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/uswsb6.htm
                > I just got the notification so I don't know if this
                > quake is going to be a big deal or not; however, with
                > a 6.0 so near Tokyo, the potential is there. Maybe it
                > was too deep to bother any Yuricon'ers or others.

                Yup - we felt it. It was probably about a 3 here. It felt like a boat
                rocking, which is very disconcerting when one is on the 16th floor of
                a hotel....

              • Chalcahuite
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                  On Apr 11, 2005, at 11:14 AM, Clarissa C. Smith wrote:

                  > --- Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
                  >>> We felt the earthquake.
                  >
                  > Just part of Yuricon's full service Pacific Rim
                  > experience! ;D Glad it wasn't a big deal.

                  That must have been in the fine print we didn't bother reading. ;)

                  -==-
                  Serge
                  http://ximatl.blogspot.com
                • Jen
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                    wrote:
                    > Worldshaking fanfic indeed. o_o
                    > http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/uswsb6.htm

                    If you wanted to star in your own anime, you should've gone for the
                    "caught in shootout between MiB & cool dyke on motorbike, becomes cool
                    dyke's partner" thing, instead of the "Tokyo rumbles, the dreaded
                    ancient evil arises from it's 10,0000 year slumber" thing. Now you've
                    gotta wear the school uniform and a get a cute, booby-groping sidekick.

                    Shame. With the cool dyke you get to shoot Men-In-Black and travel
                    across Europe and stuff. Now all you get to do is save Tokyo/Earth.

                    Oh well, I guess either way you'll be squealing "KYA~!" ^_^

                    Kisses XXOOXX
                    Jen
                  • Ashley
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 1 4:01 PM
                      have made this (loving) spoof!

                      http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/dreamingxashley/aoichie05.jpg

                      :D Enjoy.

                      --Ashley
                    • pharmacy
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 1 4:13 PM
                        かわいい heh nice.. love the pic

                        On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 19:01 -0400, Ashley wrote:
                        > have made this (loving) spoof!
                        >
                        > http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/dreamingxashley/aoichie05.jpg
                        >
                        > :D Enjoy.
                        >
                        > --Ashley

                        > Service.

                      • Ami Mizuno
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 2 9:01 AM
                          And here I thought that title belong to Pretty Cure.
                          :D

                          HC

                          Message 12 of 12 , May 2 5:18 PM
                            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ami Mizuno <amitempo@y...> wrote:

                            > And here I thought that title belong to Pretty Cure.
                            > :D

                            One of the problems I have with PC is how NOT ambiguous Nagisa is.
                            Every episode spends about half of Nagisa's screen time having her
                            moon over her boy.

                            Honoka's not really all that ambiguous, either. Every chance she gets,
                            she snuggles as close as she can to Nagisa...in the one episode I saw
                            in Tokyo, she practically crawled into Nagisa's lap. No fooling.

                            OTOH, Nagisa doesn't push Honoka away, so maybe you're righter than I
                            am. :-)