Re: [Yuricon] Fan-art

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
      Oh that would nice! Thanks... I plan on cleaning it up, inking it and stuff... so maybe she'll see the final version by the time you tell her. :)

      --Ashley

      Erica Friedman wrote:

      >From: "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Fan-art
      >Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:24:01 -0000
      >

      >Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
      >now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
      >it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
      >definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
      >asians...

      I'll let Rica Takashima know! :-)

    • hitomi
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 6, 2005
        It's really cute... I like the pose!
        But I'm afraid you did a mistake with the hiragana: you wrote "MiMA" but I think you wanted to write "miHO", ne? the two signs are alike somehow, so you might have chosen the wrong...^^;;

        Kronkorkenkönigin

        p.s.: I added the two signs to my mail...

        "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...> schrieb:

        > Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
        > now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
        > it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
        > definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
        > asians...
        >
        > http://www.deviantart.com/view/16896296/
        >
        > leave a comment if you can and tell me what you think! ^^
        >
        > --Ashley
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ashley
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 6, 2005
          Thanks for the correction. :) When I wrote it the first time I was
          looking at "ho" actually, but somehow wrote the other one... anyway, I
          redid the entire picture, and corrected the Hiragana and the Hangul (of
          course). ;)

          --Ashley

          hitomi wrote:

          > It's really cute... I like the pose!
          > But I'm afraid you did a mistake with the hiragana: you wrote "MiMA"
          > but I think you wanted to write "miHO", ne? the two signs are alike
          > somehow, so you might have chosen the wrong...^^;;
          >
          > Kronkorkenkönigin
          >
          > p.s.: I added the two signs to my mail...

        • Ashara Nymeros
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 7, 2005
            It's a nice drawing.   I had a question though.  Why the use of Korean?   I've never read this manga so I was just curious if it had something to do with Korean culture at all.    ^^;;; I'll eventually get around to buying a copy.  I swear.

            Ashara

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 7, 2005
              Oh, it has nothing to do with the manga at all, I was just practicing
              writing in Korean... I probly won't even use it in the inked in version. :)

              --Ashley

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
                From: "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...>
                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [Yuricon] Fan-art
                >Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:24:01 -0000

                >Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
                >now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
                >it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
                >definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
                >asians...

                Just to let you know - I spoke to Rica about this and it made her very
                happy!

              • Ashley
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
                  Neat... and thats all I can think of to say. lol Thanks for showing it
                  to her. :)

                  --Ashley