RE: [Yuricon] Fan-art

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
      >From: "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Fan-art
      >Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:24:01 -0000
      >

      >Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
      >now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
      >it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
      >definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
      >asians...

      I'll let Rica Takashima know! :-)

    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
        Oh that would nice! Thanks... I plan on cleaning it up, inking it and stuff... so maybe she'll see the final version by the time you tell her. :)

        --Ashley

        Erica Friedman wrote:

        >From: "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] Fan-art
        >Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:24:01 -0000
        >

        >Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
        >now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
        >it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
        >definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
        >asians...

        I'll let Rica Takashima know! :-)

      • hitomi
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 6, 2005
          It's really cute... I like the pose!
          But I'm afraid you did a mistake with the hiragana: you wrote "MiMA" but I think you wanted to write "miHO", ne? the two signs are alike somehow, so you might have chosen the wrong...^^;;

          Kronkorkenkönigin

          p.s.: I added the two signs to my mail...

          "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...> schrieb:

          > Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
          > now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
          > it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
          > definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
          > asians...
          >
          > http://www.deviantart.com/view/16896296/
          >
          > leave a comment if you can and tell me what you think! ^^
          >
          > --Ashley
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ashley
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 6, 2005
            Thanks for the correction. :) When I wrote it the first time I was
            looking at "ho" actually, but somehow wrote the other one... anyway, I
            redid the entire picture, and corrected the Hiragana and the Hangul (of
            course). ;)

            --Ashley

            hitomi wrote:

            > It's really cute... I like the pose!
            > But I'm afraid you did a mistake with the hiragana: you wrote "MiMA"
            > but I think you wanted to write "miHO", ne? the two signs are alike
            > somehow, so you might have chosen the wrong...^^;;
            >
            > Kronkorkenkönigin
            >
            > p.s.: I added the two signs to my mail...

          • Ashara Nymeros
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 7, 2005
              It's a nice drawing.   I had a question though.  Why the use of Korean?   I've never read this manga so I was just curious if it had something to do with Korean culture at all.    ^^;;; I'll eventually get around to buying a copy.  I swear.

              Ashara

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 7, 2005
                Oh, it has nothing to do with the manga at all, I was just practicing
                writing in Korean... I probly won't even use it in the inked in version. :)

                --Ashley

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
                  From: "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...>
                  >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [Yuricon] Fan-art
                  >Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:24:01 -0000

                  >Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
                  >now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
                  >it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
                  >definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
                  >asians...

                  Just to let you know - I spoke to Rica about this and it made her very
                  happy!

                • Ashley
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
                    Neat... and thats all I can think of to say. lol Thanks for showing it
                    to her. :)

                    --Ashley