Fan-art

  • Ashley OhArrigan
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
      Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
      now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
      it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
      definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
      asians...

      http://www.deviantart.com/view/16896296/

      leave a comment if you can and tell me what you think! ^^

      --Ashley
    • Regina Buenaobra
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
        I left a comment.

        Regina

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
          >From: "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Fan-art
          >Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:24:01 -0000
          >

          >Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
          >now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
          >it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
          >definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
          >asians...

          I'll let Rica Takashima know! :-)

        • Ashley
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 5, 2005
            Oh that would nice! Thanks... I plan on cleaning it up, inking it and stuff... so maybe she'll see the final version by the time you tell her. :)

            --Ashley

            Erica Friedman wrote:

            >From: "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Yuricon] Fan-art
            >Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:24:01 -0000
            >

            >Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
            >now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
            >it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
            >definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
            >asians...

            I'll let Rica Takashima know! :-)

          • hitomi
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 6, 2005
              It's really cute... I like the pose!
              But I'm afraid you did a mistake with the hiragana: you wrote "MiMA" but I think you wanted to write "miHO", ne? the two signs are alike somehow, so you might have chosen the wrong...^^;;

              Kronkorkenkönigin

              p.s.: I added the two signs to my mail...

              "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...> schrieb:

              > Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
              > now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
              > it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
              > definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
              > asians...
              >
              > http://www.deviantart.com/view/16896296/
              >
              > leave a comment if you can and tell me what you think! ^^
              >
              > --Ashley
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Ashley
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 6, 2005
                Thanks for the correction. :) When I wrote it the first time I was
                looking at "ho" actually, but somehow wrote the other one... anyway, I
                redid the entire picture, and corrected the Hiragana and the Hangul (of
                course). ;)

                --Ashley

                hitomi wrote:

                > It's really cute... I like the pose!
                > But I'm afraid you did a mistake with the hiragana: you wrote "MiMA"
                > but I think you wanted to write "miHO", ne? the two signs are alike
                > somehow, so you might have chosen the wrong...^^;;
                >
                > Kronkorkenkönigin
                >
                > p.s.: I added the two signs to my mail...

              • Ashara Nymeros
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 7, 2005
                  It's a nice drawing.   I had a question though.  Why the use of Korean?   I've never read this manga so I was just curious if it had something to do with Korean culture at all.    ^^;;; I'll eventually get around to buying a copy.  I swear.

                  Ashara

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 7, 2005
                    Oh, it has nothing to do with the manga at all, I was just practicing
                    writing in Korean... I probly won't even use it in the inked in version. :)

                    --Ashley

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
                      From: "Ashley OhArrigan" <dreamingxashley@...>
                      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [Yuricon] Fan-art
                      >Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:24:01 -0000

                      >Ok, so Ive been wanting to draw a pic of Rica and Miho for sometime
                      >now, and I finally got around to it. But since I can't do BESM without
                      >it looking horrible, I drew them the way I draw all my art... so it's
                      >definitely "western looking" But, I still think I suck at drawing
                      >asians...

                      Just to let you know - I spoke to Rica about this and it made her very
                      happy!

                    • Ashley
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
                        Neat... and thats all I can think of to say. lol Thanks for showing it
                        to her. :)

                        --Ashley