Re: Yuri Shimai - good news and bad

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ashley <dreamingxashley@g...> wrote:
      > "Used Schoolgirl's Underwear vending machines,"

      Not a joke - but they've been outlawed for some time now in Japan.

    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
        On Apr 5, 2005, at 11:23 AM, shenotski wrote:

        > You might want to check out sin city then (movie/comic). There's some
        > Yuri in there along with a really cool pulp style to both.

        I don't think I'd recommend Sin City for it's really minimal,
        exploitative yuri content. It's really just an echo of the noir/pulp
        genre that Sin City exaggerates: it substitutes for character
        development for a character who's ultimately a disposable plot point. I
        don't think it's list worthy, at all. However, if you like comics,
        Frank Miller, film noir, pretty film making, and dark cynical views of
        humanity and morality then I highly recommend Sin City.

        Getting back to Yuri Shimai, if getting bought by a Seinen publisher
        means no more Strawberry Shake then I'm probably going to have to set
        fire to the place. ;)

        -==-
        Serge
        http://ximatl.blogspot.com
      • Ashley
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
          Thats rather funny in a sad/creepy sorta way.

          --Ashley