Re: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri Shimai - good news and bad

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
      "Used Schoolgirl's Underwear vending machines,"

      Please please tell me you're joking about this. Can you imagine the look
      of the old pervert, because you know its going to be an old creepy
      looking man that stocks the machine. lmao. All of 5'4" a scraggily beard
      (if you can get a Japanese guy to grow one?), one eye is half-closed and
      his teeth havent been brushed in weeks - or longer... and his
      overall-uniform is stained with stuff youre better off not wondering
      about. O_______O Oh, and he leers with drool dripping off his chin
      everytime he sees a cute girl in a uniform.

      Anyway, I too wouldnt mind seeing yuri for girls that doesnt involve
      screaming, crying, death, destruction and all those other
      heart-wrenching themese that are meant to get us girls to sob. I like it
      sometimes, but when thats the main fare, then its like eating nothing
      but corn from a can everyday. I tried reading Alien 9 once, and I got to
      the second chapter and put it down, couldnt read any more... Mai Hime, I
      stopped watching after 18, I plan on watching the last two episodes though.

      --Ashley
    • Resop
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
        --- Ashley <dreamingxashley@...> wrote:
        > "Used Schoolgirl's Underwear vending machines,"
        >
        > Please please tell me you're joking about this.

        No joke.

        http://www.snopes.com/risque/kinky/panties.htm

        Craig
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ashley <dreamingxashley@g...> wrote:
          > "Used Schoolgirl's Underwear vending machines,"

          Not a joke - but they've been outlawed for some time now in Japan.

        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
            On Apr 5, 2005, at 11:23 AM, shenotski wrote:

            > You might want to check out sin city then (movie/comic). There's some
            > Yuri in there along with a really cool pulp style to both.

            I don't think I'd recommend Sin City for it's really minimal,
            exploitative yuri content. It's really just an echo of the noir/pulp
            genre that Sin City exaggerates: it substitutes for character
            development for a character who's ultimately a disposable plot point. I
            don't think it's list worthy, at all. However, if you like comics,
            Frank Miller, film noir, pretty film making, and dark cynical views of
            humanity and morality then I highly recommend Sin City.

            Getting back to Yuri Shimai, if getting bought by a Seinen publisher
            means no more Strawberry Shake then I'm probably going to have to set
            fire to the place. ;)

            -==-
            Serge
            http://ximatl.blogspot.com
          • Ashley
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
              Thats rather funny in a sad/creepy sorta way.

              --Ashley