Re: Yuri Shimai - good news and bad

  • shenotski
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5 8:23 AM
      You might want to check out sin city then (movie/comic). There's some
      Yuri in there along with a really cool pulp style to both.
      > SO bring on the shounen yuri. I'll gladly take it, since the
      > alternative is too morbid for my taste. I want yuri to make me smile,
      > not make my heart bleed for a bunch of schoolies. I'll just wallow in
      > the boy's shows, ignore the FAP-ing in the background, and rely on
      > crazed otaku... I mean "Okazu" to do all the hard work and find the
      > diamonds in the rough FOR me. ^_^
      >

      > Kisses XXOOXX
      > Jen
      >
      > P.S. We want Hayate X Blade NOW~!
    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5 9:57 AM
        "Used Schoolgirl's Underwear vending machines,"

        Please please tell me you're joking about this. Can you imagine the look
        of the old pervert, because you know its going to be an old creepy
        looking man that stocks the machine. lmao. All of 5'4" a scraggily beard
        (if you can get a Japanese guy to grow one?), one eye is half-closed and
        his teeth havent been brushed in weeks - or longer... and his
        overall-uniform is stained with stuff youre better off not wondering
        about. O_______O Oh, and he leers with drool dripping off his chin
        everytime he sees a cute girl in a uniform.

        Anyway, I too wouldnt mind seeing yuri for girls that doesnt involve
        screaming, crying, death, destruction and all those other
        heart-wrenching themese that are meant to get us girls to sob. I like it
        sometimes, but when thats the main fare, then its like eating nothing
        but corn from a can everyday. I tried reading Alien 9 once, and I got to
        the second chapter and put it down, couldnt read any more... Mai Hime, I
        stopped watching after 18, I plan on watching the last two episodes though.

        --Ashley
      • Resop
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5 10:18 AM
          --- Ashley <dreamingxashley@...> wrote:
          > "Used Schoolgirl's Underwear vending machines,"
          >
          > Please please tell me you're joking about this.

          No joke.

          http://www.snopes.com/risque/kinky/panties.htm

          Craig
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5 10:46 AM
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ashley <dreamingxashley@g...> wrote:
            > "Used Schoolgirl's Underwear vending machines,"

            Not a joke - but they've been outlawed for some time now in Japan.

          • Chalcahuite
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5 10:56 AM
              On Apr 5, 2005, at 11:23 AM, shenotski wrote:

              > You might want to check out sin city then (movie/comic). There's some
              > Yuri in there along with a really cool pulp style to both.

              I don't think I'd recommend Sin City for it's really minimal,
              exploitative yuri content. It's really just an echo of the noir/pulp
              genre that Sin City exaggerates: it substitutes for character
              development for a character who's ultimately a disposable plot point. I
              don't think it's list worthy, at all. However, if you like comics,
              Frank Miller, film noir, pretty film making, and dark cynical views of
              humanity and morality then I highly recommend Sin City.

              Getting back to Yuri Shimai, if getting bought by a Seinen publisher
              means no more Strawberry Shake then I'm probably going to have to set
              fire to the place. ;)

              -==-
              Serge
              http://ximatl.blogspot.com
            • Ashley
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5 11:31 AM
                Thats rather funny in a sad/creepy sorta way.

                --Ashley