Re: new Lililicious release - Yuri Tengoku one-shot

  • Bernie
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 4, 2005
      LOL...this was hilarious! Especially the really unsubtle Sachiko and
      Yumi shadow image..thanks lililicious :)

      >bernium, still disturbed by how damn young Yumi looks in comparison
      to Sachiko<

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
      wrote:
      > Tonight's release, "You're Lovelier Than a Rose," is a parody about an
      > all-girls school with an underground student council that's a bit...
      > unusual. It makes a few funny references to things like Marimite and
      > Takarazuka.
      >
      > As always, the one-shot can be downloaded in the channel on irc
      > (#lililicious on irc.rizon.net) or at the webpage
      > (http://www.lililicious.net).
    • Erin Subramanian
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 26, 2005
        In "Autumn Sleepiness," two girls are stuck coming into school on a
        Sunday to do work for the Student Council. But why is one of them so sleepy?

        As always, the one-shot can be downloaded in the channel on irc
        (http://www.lililicious.net ).
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 27, 2005
          wrote:
          > In "Autumn Sleepiness," two girls are stuck coming into school on a
          > Sunday to do work for the Student Council. But why is one of them so
          sleepy?

          > As always, the one-shot can be downloaded in the channel on irc

          As always, thanks ever so much for the translation. :-)

        • Adam Jones
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 27, 2005
            On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:51:47 -0000, "atheniag"
            <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
            > wrote:

            > > In "Autumn Sleepiness," two girls are stuck coming into school on a
            > > Sunday to do work for the Student Council. But why is one of them so
            > > sleepy?

            > As always, thanks ever so much for the translation. :-)

            Seconded...

            Is it just me, or are the two characters drawn on the cover in a manner
            that's rather intentionally taking off Yomi and Tomo?
            .oO("The World's Biggest Gang Bang" )
          • Erin Subramanian
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 3, 2005
              Tonight's release, "Friends," is the story of two particular girls who
              become friends, one of whom just happens to be the Board Chairman of
              their school.

              As always, the release can be downloaded in the channel on irc
              (http://www.lililicious.net ).
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 3, 2005
                wrote:
                > Tonight's release, "Friends," is the story of two particular girls
                who
                > become friends, one of whom just happens to be the Board Chairman of
                > their school.

                Excellent - many thanks.

                Hey - did you happen to hear that there'll be a second issue of "[es]
                - Eternal Sisters"? I reviewed the first one on Okazu, (http://okazu.
                blogspot.com/2004/10/es-eternal-sisters-yuri-anthology_13.html) in
                October 2004. I liked it better all around than Yuri Tengoku. So a new
                issue would be way cool.

                Onna! Festival of women's roles in animation and comics
                By women, about women, for everyone
                October 8-10, 2005
                http://www.onnafest.com
              • Erin Subramanian
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 3, 2005
                  atheniag wrote:

                  >Excellent - many thanks.

                  You're welcome. :)

                  >Hey - did you happen to hear that there'll be a second issue of "[es]
                  >- Eternal Sisters"? I reviewed the first one on Okazu, (http://okazu.
                  >blogspot.com/2004/10/es-eternal-sisters-yuri-anthology_13.html) in
                  >October 2004. I liked it better all around than Yuri Tengoku. So a new
                  >issue would be way cool.

                  I didn't hear that, but that's great news!
                  I've read your review of [es] but haven't picked up a copy for myself
                  yet, though I'd like to someday. :) If the second is as good as the
                  first, I'll have to pick up both sometime. I'll look forward to reading
                  your review of the second, if you end up writing one. :)

                  Erin
                • Ashley
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005
                    I drew some comics... these are the results of conversations in #lili
                    lol. Buncha wierdos... :P

                    http://www.deviantart.com/view/19075420/
                    http://www.deviantart.com/view/19113343/

                    --Ashley
                  • Jeyl
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005

                      I drew some comics... these are the results of conversations in #lili
                      lol.  Buncha wierdos... :P

                      I don't get it. Is it supposed to mean that you can't eat Jello with chop sticks? Cause eating Jello with chop sticks looks pretty hard.

                      Cool.

                      On another note, we've got 16 days till the final volume of R.O.D. will finally be released. I'm so nervouse, I'm afraid the series will end just like that Abenobashi series did!

                      (My Reaction to the oncoming onslaught of the end of Abenobashi)
                      Ted: Sasshi! Don't you do it! Don't you ruin that girls dreams just because things are going bad! Things change!
                      Sasshi: I'm going to do it! I will make Arumi happy! The moral of this story is that bratty children will always get their way in the end!
                      Ted: No!
                      Sasshi: Well, being human, having your health is what's most important.
                      Ted: You Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril Jessie, Oaf-looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan Milk-Drinking Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniverling, Worm-eyed, Hotten-Blaugh Vile Stoochie, Cully Breek-Tattie! I'm gona turn your head into a flour sifter!

                      And like that, the series that I thought would be a cool run, made a 190 degree turn towards an ending worse than Evangelion. Will ROD suffer the same fate? I'm scarred!
                    • Ashley
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005
                        Jeyl wrote:

                        >> I drew some comics... these are the results of conversations in #lili
                        >> lol. Buncha wierdos... :P
                        >>
                        >> http://www.deviantart.com/view/19075420/
                        >
                        > I don't get it. Is it supposed to mean that you can't eat Jello with
                        > chop sticks? Cause eating Jello with chop sticks looks pretty hard.

                        I guess its just what I thought of when thinking how a japanese person
                        would react to jello for the first time or something... *shrugs*

                        --Ashley
                      • Erin Subramanian
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 28, 2005
                          "Princess Academy" is about girls who are training to be "illusionists."
                          It's the final story of the /Yuri Tengoku/ anthology.