Re: Yuri in the latest Negima manga

  • Shannon J. L.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 4:26 PM
      Lol. Yes, I've been following this and the misunderstanding is
      handled every cutely. I was actually a bit surprised at how
      willingly the girls from the class all jumped on the yuri-supporting
      bandwagon... ^__^

      For those who've read the manga, do the girls get paired up with
      someone else? Just curious....

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Gaffney" <sean@c...> wrote:
      > Lots of folks are already reading the Negima scanlations
      elsewhere, but I'm not, so
      > I'm going to talk about Volume 5 just released by Del Rey. Volume
      4 saw the
      > beginning of this pairing, but 5 really makes it explicit.
      >
      > Konoka is the cute Mutsumi-esque best friend of our heroine.
      She's also the heir to
      > the Eastern School of Magic, and has incredibly huge powers that
      she has not yet
      > tapped and knows little of. To protect her from evildoers, she
      has her friend
      > Setsuna. Setsuna is a kick-ass swordswoman devoted to protecting
      Konoka no
      > matter what.
      >
      > They were childhood friends, but lately Setsuna has been avoiding
      Konoka. This is
      > partly due to the need to protect her from afar, partly due to a
      spoiler we haven't seen
      > yet, but mainly due to Setsuna having a major crush on her ojou-
      sama. Lots of
      > blushing, denials, etc. This isn't helped by Konoka being quite
      the genki glomper.

      > Anyway, in 5, there's another attempt on Konoka's life. Setsuna
      grabs her, in front of
      > some of the others, and says she wants to be along with Konoka.
      Of course, this is