new Lililicious release - Mist one-shot (adult)

  • Erin Subramanian
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2005
      "The Best Lover," an adult one-shot from the May 1998 issue of _Mist_,
      is about two women who, for different reasons, haven't had success in
      their relationships with men. They fall in love with each other, but
      will their insecurities about each other's feelings and motives destroy
      their relationship?

      As always, the one-shot can be downloaded in the channel on irc
      (http://www.lililicious.net).
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2005
        >From: Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
        >To: yuri@yahoogroups.com, yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] new Lililicious release - Mist one-shot (adult)
        >Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:38:00 -0500
        >

        >"The Best Lover," an adult one-shot from the May 1998 issue of _Mist_,
        >is about two women who, for different reasons, haven't had success in
        >their relationships with men. They fall in love with each other, but
        >will their insecurities about each other's feelings and motives destroy
        >their relationship?

        I love the dated-ness of the Mist stories:

        Spoiler

        Space

        Like So

        So, how about the moment whem in the middle of sex, Fusako promises to break
        her engagement.

        I love that particular piece of brilliant timing.

        "Oh, god, honey, you're so good...I think I'll really break up with my
        fiance' this time..."

        LOL

        Once again - thanks for a great job!

      • Jeyl
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2005
          > Like So
          >

          > So, how about the moment whem in the middle of sex, Fusako promises to
          > break
          > her engagement.

          At least Fusako cared a bit to actually confront him about it. Thank
          goodness for that too. I thought it was going to be an all men basher
          like MakaMaka. Men can be scum, but we're not as bad as we're depicted
          in MakaMaka. Well, I hope we're not. Fusako did say he was a good
          person.........

          Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gona go torment myself while I watch Vol.
          2 of Air Master in Japanese with subtitles on. I just love it when the
          subtitles tell me what sound effect is going to heard before it
          happens, and not even translate any of the Japanese writings that I
          believe are interesting plot points. Since when do sound effects
          (Battle cry, groan, gasp) take priority on understanding what's going
          on.

          Other than that, I'm liking the series a lot! If it weren't for the
          hideous technical job Toei did on the DVD, I'd be pre-ordering every
          volume the moment it becomes available. The yuri may be fan service,
          but at least it's a lot more developed than say, Azu-Manga Dioh? But
          than again, I haven't finished all of Air Master. I have a ways to go
          yet, but so far, it's up to a great start on my standards.
        • Jen
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2005
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Jeyl <theo@v...> wrote:

            > I thought it was going to be an all men basher
            > like MakaMaka. Men can be scum, but we're not as bad as we're depicted
            > in MakaMaka.

            Isn't MakaMaka one of the few lililicious titles that's written by a
            man? If so, that's rather ironic, ne?

            ...unless of course there are more yurilicious boy writers than I
            thought there are, which is entirely possible since I haven't paid
            attention to who writes ANY of my fave yuri titles. Yurilicious,
            though. Not Lolilicious.

            (Creole doesn't count. I make hypocricy cool.)

            Has anyone drawn up a table with all our beloved titles, and put down
            an M or F next to each name? Not that it should matter THAT much...
            but it'd nice to know.

            Kisses XXOOXX
            Jen
          • Erin Subramanian
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 13 2:11 PM
              In "Anniversary," a couple makes love for the first time.
              Please be aware that this release contains adult content.

              As always, the release can be downloaded in the channel on irc
              (http://www.lililicious.net ).
            • Jen
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 14 2:15 AM
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
                wrote:
                > In "Anniversary," a couple makes love for the first time.

                "I've seen Yuka... walking with women. It didn't gross me out." - KAORU

                Oh yeah, a modern day fairytale this is. And they say romance is
                dead. ^_^

                And did you see the SIZE of that bottle of booze? I mean my GOD. It
                was HUGE! O_O

                Kisses XXOOXX
                Jen
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 14 6:11 AM
                  >From: "Jen" <puni@...>
                  >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: new Lililicious release - Mist one-shot (adult)
                  >Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:15:36 -0000
                  >

                  >"I've seen Yuka... walking with women. It didn't gross me out." - KAORU
                  >
                  >Oh yeah, a modern day fairytale this is. And they say romance is
                  >dead. ^_^

                  One of the defining characteristics of "Mist" magazine, is that one of the
                  women in each couple thinks of herself as straight and is turned by the
                  lesbian. Also, the cover of the magazine always showed white women dressed
                  like they are in ann Olivia Newton-John video. I have no idea why. :-)

                • Adam Jones
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 14 6:28 AM
                    On 14-Jul-2005 09:11 -0400, Erica Friedman wrote:

                    > One of the defining characteristics of "Mist" magazine, is that one of the
                    > women in each couple thinks of herself as straight and is turned by the
                    > lesbian.

                    Clearly the magazine's editors are in desperate need of a lifetime's
                    supply of free toaster-ovens...
                    .oO("Flame me for this one, but I honestly just know." )