Pre-order Madlax at the Yuricon Shop!

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
      It's time for a Yuricon Site update!

      We've added a few new series to the Anime Page at the Yuricon Shop:
      http://www.yuricon.org/shop/anime.html

      While you're pre-ordering "Madlax" Volume 1, due out on April 12th,
      add a volume or two of the yuri classic "Battle Athletes Victory" or
      one of the other great yuri anime or manga on the shop!

      We've also added a brand new essay on our Essays page:
      http://www.yuricon.org/essays/index.html

      Yuri scholar Sabdha Charlton and out hunky mascot Yuriko take a
      critical look at "Yuri Fandom on the Internet."

      And for those of you who will be joining us in Tokyo for the Yuri
      Revolution tour and event (http://www.yuricon.org/events/)don't forget
      to download our brand new full-color flyer in Japanese and English,
      designed by Rica Takashima!
      http://www.yuricon.org/color_flyer.pdf

      Don't forget that a new Yuricon Contest is just around the corner! Get
      your best ideas together for a new Yuriko fanfic contest. Tell us
      about her funniest, worst or best job, and win some great yuri prizes!

      Check out the Yuricon Home Page for news of interest to yuri fans -
      updated weekly.

    • Resop
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24, 2005
        I have been working on a MariMite fan-fic recently but came up with
        massive logistic problems.

        I idea behind it is that the three Roses get magic powers for a year
        and have to fight an invisible background war where an Adversary
        tries to poison some of the Soeur relationships by introducing lust
        into the equation. The Adversary is also played by some senior,
        and the responsibility will go to Takeshima.

        I got up to the transformation scene, but now have some burning
        questions.

        Since Lilian's Girls School is a commuter school, does Yumi have
        to travel all over the area to do her work?

        Should the cat that they care for in the first season become an
        avatar?

        Should Yumi and Takashima take an "it can't be helped" attitude
        about their transformed selves and still hang out?

        How does Takashima attack and how does Yumi defend?

        What type of magic girl costume could Yumi rock?

        Does Yumi become disenchanted with her role, thinking that
        some of the Soeurs should be lusting for each other? And,
        could this disenchantment be caused be Takashima playing
        the "bad boy" that magic girls usually fall for?

        Any random comments (including, yes this is the dumbest fan
        fic idea ever)?

        Craig