Sweat & Honey

  • stellaluna_42
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2005
      Hey, just wanted to give a head's up about the new shojouai Tokyopop
      manga from their Passion Fruit line that came out this week, Sweat &
      Honey.

      The art's kinda pretty.

      There's some implied yuriness in almost every story in the anthology,
      but it's mostly disappointing.
      The one story that has any explicitness has sort of a "We'll be
      lesbians until we grow up" moral(?) to the story. They both like the
      same guy, & that guy is one of their's older brother. *sigh*
      On top of that, the stories use that nebulous, you're not really sure
      what exactly is going on jousei story-telling technique that's so
      popular right now.
      Did I mention I'm sick of yuri manga with bittersweet endings?

      All in all, it's not really that bad. I, personally, didn't like it,
      but it might be worth checking out.

      Hungover STELLALUNA