new Lililicious release - Yuri Tengoku one-shot

  • Erin Subramanian
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 16, 2005
      The yuri in tonight's release, "She, I, and the Red Book," is more
      subtext than maintext, but it's a nevertheless sweet story. A girl who
      helps out in a library sees another girl there one day who fascinates
      her; this girl is checking out a book, the second in a series, and when
      the first girl later comes across the first volume of that book (she
      recognizes the red binding) she decides to read it.

      As always, the one-shot can be downloaded in the channel on irc
      (http://www.lililicious.net).
    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 16, 2005
        Erin Subramanian wrote:

        > The yuri in tonight's release, "She, I, and the Red Book," is more
        > subtext than maintext, but it's a nevertheless sweet story. A girl who
        > helps out in a library sees another girl there one day who fascinates
        > her; this girl is checking out a book, the second in a series, and when
        > the first girl later comes across the first volume of that book (she
        > recognizes the red binding) she decides to read it.
        >
        > As always, the one-shot can be downloaded in the channel on irc
        > (#lililicious on irc.rizon.net) or at the webpage
        > (http://www.lililicious.net). <http://www.lililicious.net%29.>

        Just so you know, the link to the site doesnt work without .cjb before
        the .net... aleast for me.

        --Ashley
      • Niki
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 16, 2005
          The link works fine for me, the only problem is the ")." in the URL
          that the email service automatically considered to be part of the
          link. Just try taking that off and it should work fine! If not, try
          going to http://www.lililicious.net and forcing your cache to reload
          (alt+F5).

          > Just so you know, the link to the site doesnt work without .cjb before
          > the .net... aleast for me.
          >
          > --Ashley
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Erin Subramanian
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 4, 2005
            Tonight's release, "You're Lovelier Than a Rose," is a parody about an
            all-girls school with an underground student council that's a bit...
            unusual. It makes a few funny references to things like Marimite and
            Takarazuka.

            As always, the one-shot can be downloaded in the channel on irc
            (http://www.lililicious.net).
          • Bernie
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 4, 2005
              LOL...this was hilarious! Especially the really unsubtle Sachiko and
              Yumi shadow image..thanks lililicious :)

              >bernium, still disturbed by how damn young Yumi looks in comparison
              to Sachiko<

              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
              wrote:
              > Tonight's release, "You're Lovelier Than a Rose," is a parody about an
              > all-girls school with an underground student council that's a bit...
              > unusual. It makes a few funny references to things like Marimite and
              > Takarazuka.
              >
              > As always, the one-shot can be downloaded in the channel on irc
              > (#lililicious on irc.rizon.net) or at the webpage
              > (http://www.lililicious.net).
            • Erin Subramanian
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 26, 2005
                In "Autumn Sleepiness," two girls are stuck coming into school on a
                Sunday to do work for the Student Council. But why is one of them so sleepy?

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 27, 2005
                  wrote:
                  > In "Autumn Sleepiness," two girls are stuck coming into school on a
                  > Sunday to do work for the Student Council. But why is one of them so
                  sleepy?

                  > As always, the one-shot can be downloaded in the channel on irc

                  As always, thanks ever so much for the translation. :-)

                • Adam Jones
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 27, 2005
                    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:51:47 -0000, "atheniag"
                    <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

                    > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
                    > wrote:

                    > > In "Autumn Sleepiness," two girls are stuck coming into school on a
                    > > Sunday to do work for the Student Council. But why is one of them so
                    > > sleepy?

                    > As always, thanks ever so much for the translation. :-)

                    Seconded...

                    Is it just me, or are the two characters drawn on the cover in a manner
                    that's rather intentionally taking off Yomi and Tomo?
                    .oO("The World's Biggest Gang Bang" )
                  • Erin Subramanian
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 3, 2005
                      Tonight's release, "Friends," is the story of two particular girls who
                      become friends, one of whom just happens to be the Board Chairman of
                      their school.

                      As always, the release can be downloaded in the channel on irc
                      (http://www.lililicious.net ).
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 3, 2005
                        wrote:
                        > Tonight's release, "Friends," is the story of two particular girls
                        who
                        > become friends, one of whom just happens to be the Board Chairman of
                        > their school.

                        Excellent - many thanks.

                        Hey - did you happen to hear that there'll be a second issue of "[es]
                        - Eternal Sisters"? I reviewed the first one on Okazu, (http://okazu.
                        blogspot.com/2004/10/es-eternal-sisters-yuri-anthology_13.html) in
                        October 2004. I liked it better all around than Yuri Tengoku. So a new
                        issue would be way cool.

                        Onna! Festival of women's roles in animation and comics
                        By women, about women, for everyone
                        October 8-10, 2005
                        http://www.onnafest.com
                      • Erin Subramanian
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 3, 2005
                          atheniag wrote:

                          >Excellent - many thanks.

                          You're welcome. :)

                          >Hey - did you happen to hear that there'll be a second issue of "[es]
                          >- Eternal Sisters"? I reviewed the first one on Okazu, (http://okazu.
                          >blogspot.com/2004/10/es-eternal-sisters-yuri-anthology_13.html) in
                          >October 2004. I liked it better all around than Yuri Tengoku. So a new
                          >issue would be way cool.

                          I didn't hear that, but that's great news!
                          I've read your review of [es] but haven't picked up a copy for myself
                          yet, though I'd like to someday. :) If the second is as good as the
                          first, I'll have to pick up both sometime. I'll look forward to reading
                          your review of the second, if you end up writing one. :)

                          Erin
                        • Ashley
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005
                            I drew some comics... these are the results of conversations in #lili
                            lol. Buncha wierdos... :P

                            http://www.deviantart.com/view/19075420/
                            http://www.deviantart.com/view/19113343/

                            --Ashley
                          • Jeyl
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005

                              I drew some comics... these are the results of conversations in #lili
                              lol.  Buncha wierdos... :P

                              I don't get it. Is it supposed to mean that you can't eat Jello with chop sticks? Cause eating Jello with chop sticks looks pretty hard.

                              Cool.

                              On another note, we've got 16 days till the final volume of R.O.D. will finally be released. I'm so nervouse, I'm afraid the series will end just like that Abenobashi series did!

                              (My Reaction to the oncoming onslaught of the end of Abenobashi)
                              Ted: Sasshi! Don't you do it! Don't you ruin that girls dreams just because things are going bad! Things change!
                              Sasshi: I'm going to do it! I will make Arumi happy! The moral of this story is that bratty children will always get their way in the end!
                              Ted: No!
                              Sasshi: Well, being human, having your health is what's most important.
                              Ted: You Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril Jessie, Oaf-looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan Milk-Drinking Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniverling, Worm-eyed, Hotten-Blaugh Vile Stoochie, Cully Breek-Tattie! I'm gona turn your head into a flour sifter!

                              And like that, the series that I thought would be a cool run, made a 190 degree turn towards an ending worse than Evangelion. Will ROD suffer the same fate? I'm scarred!
                            • Ashley
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005
                                Jeyl wrote:

                                >> I drew some comics... these are the results of conversations in #lili
                                >> lol. Buncha wierdos... :P
                                >>
                                >> http://www.deviantart.com/view/19075420/
                                >
                                > I don't get it. Is it supposed to mean that you can't eat Jello with
                                > chop sticks? Cause eating Jello with chop sticks looks pretty hard.

                                I guess its just what I thought of when thinking how a japanese person
                                would react to jello for the first time or something... *shrugs*

                                --Ashley
                              • Erin Subramanian
                                Message 15 of 15 , Oct 28, 2005
                                  "Princess Academy" is about girls who are training to be "illusionists."
                                  It's the final story of the /Yuri Tengoku/ anthology.