Re: R.O.D. Vol. 5

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Jeyl <theo@v...> wrote:

      > "I was so excited to see what the next lovely pencil board design
      was going to be..."

      Oh why why WHY couldn't they have made a Pencil Board of the
      aut16400-BIG.jpg poster (See Yuricon Files)? That would be SUCH a
      treasure! So much more than the inevitable Hisa-chan "licking my
      melting ice-cream" PB we know is coming. -_-

      (By the way, I still have the 3000x4300 scan I made of that poster, in
      case anyone wants a bigger version.)

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:

        > Oh why why WHY couldn't they have made a Pencil Board of the
        > aut16400-BIG.jpg poster (See Yuricon Files)?

        Yeah, let's all write Geneon and complain! (And then I'd get a C&D
        letter from them and it would all go downhill from there. LOL)

        The book isn't quite right, you know - Sean Gaffney co-wrote the story
        with me, so his name ought to be on the cover too. :-)

      • Rayna Darkstorm
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
          I realize this is a bit late, but it really only just hit me...

          >Slash:
          >    Stories by fans of western series
          pairing male characters in
          >homosexual romantic or sexual relationships.
          The term comes from the
          >phrase "Kirk/Spock." Related terms: Femmeslash;
          Yaoi; Shounen-ai;
          >June; Aestheticism

          As a Trekkie, I've got one thing to say about that pairing: Ew. Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew.

          Thanks so much for the mental image, which is rather graphic, due to my overactive imagination.

          Okay, I feel better now.

          - Rayna ^_~
        • Jen
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:
            >

            > > Oh why why WHY couldn't they have made a Pencil Board of the
            > > aut16400-BIG.jpg poster (See Yuricon Files)?
            >
            > Yeah, let's all write Geneon and complain! (And then I'd get a C&D
            > letter from them and it would all go downhill from there. LOL)

            Me, I'd love for YuriCon to become a feared lobbying group, demanding
            US publishers bring us selected yuri works we deem worthy. Plus, the
            lovely atheniag could become gloriously corrupt, accepting yurilicious
            gifts from YuriCon members in exchange for the right word in the right
            ear. ^-^

            "As a loyal YuriCon member, I'd love it if you could demand Tokyopop
            publish YKK. Hey, why don't I SEND you the complete published works,
            including all novels, artbooks, posters and plushies? So you can...
            um... consider their worth, like. I could also throw in BEBE's Creole
            series (signed by Konno Oyuki), but only if you demand they also
            publish those Azumanga doujins where Sakaki gets done by the Cat. In
            hardcover."

            Ah, sweet corruption. Such a warm, fuzzy feeling. ^_^

            Kisses XXOOXX
            Jen
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:

              > Me, I'd love for YuriCon to become a feared lobbying group,
              demanding
              > US publishers bring us selected yuri works we deem worthy. Plus,
              the
              > lovely atheniag could become gloriously corrupt, accepting
              yurilicious
              > gifts from YuriCon members in exchange for the right word in the
              right
              > ear. ^-^

              Hey - that's what I want, too! LOL

              > "As a loyal YuriCon member, I'd love it if you could demand Tokyopop
              > publish YKK. Hey, why don't I SEND you the complete published
              works,
              > including all novels, artbooks, posters and plushies? So you can...
              > um... consider their worth, like. I could also throw in BEBE's
              Creole
              > series (signed by Konno Oyuki), but only if you demand they also
              > publish those Azumanga doujins where Sakaki gets done by the Cat.
              In
              > hardcover."

              ROTFL. You really worry me, Jen. You've memorized entire Okazu
              entries.

              > Ah, sweet corruption. Such a warm, fuzzy feeling. ^_^

              Don't forget the 20-something fangirls hanging on me in my infamous
              "grotto"...

            • John Merced
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 11, 2005
                This message is aboutR.O.D. Vol 5. I live in orlando
                and I was wondering which Best Buy it is that has Vol.
                5, If someone wouldnt mind helping me out with this.
                Especially if u live in orlando. So drop me line, if
                anybody knows anything. Hey maybe we can become
                friends. -John
                --- theo@... <theo@...> wrote:
                > What luck. When it comes to buying anime on dvd,
                Best Buy is both the
                > stupidest and greatest place to get it. Of all the
                Best Buys here in
                > Orlando, none of them had Vol. 4 of R.O.D. the TV.
                The computers at
                > each store said that they had at least 6 copies
                available! Now, three
                > weeks later, I stumble across R.O.D. Vol. 5 on the
                anime shelf, and a
                > sudden hammer hit me over the head. What is going
                on? Vol. 5 isn't due
                > out for another two weeks! And there still isn't any
                sign of Vol. 4!

                > Spoilers!
                >
                > Spoilers!
                >
                > One more time for safety.
                >
                > Spoilers!
                >
                > Since I had to buy Vol. 4 at a very expensive store
                somewhere in a
                > little town called Down Town Disney, I had no
                problems in quickly
                > watching Vol. 5. All I can say is this. Poor Yomiko.
                All these things
                > she has done over the years that have brought
                nothing but bad things to
                > the world, and all she wants to do is make things
                better. What better
                > way to do that with only Anita to help her out?
                Especially now that she
                > officially blames her for her painful memories that
                still bother her.
                > Oh, that moment at the end of Episode 20 still hurt
                the big one. I
                > think I can safely say that Anita was simply over
                reacting. Honestly,
                > she can't go on like this forever. I've seen that
                happen in anime
                > already (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. The
                ending for that was
                > more scarier and disturbing than the ending to
                Evangelion!). Downer
                > things aside, the most exciting part of the whole
                package didn't happen
                > till I opened the DVD case. I was so exited to see
                what the next lovely
                > pencil board design was going to be that would soon
                be bestowed upon
                > Erica. Simply put, I'm laughing about what she has
                to say about it
                > already. This makes the Vol. 4 pencil board look
                like a Care Bears book
                > cover. The other side of the board that features
                Nancy is kind of cute
                > once you spot Yomiko reflected on the locker door
                mirror. Cute little
                > Yuri potential there. Much more bearable than the
                "other" side of the
                > board!
                >
                > Thank you, and good luck.
                > Jeyl

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Jeyl
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 11, 2005
                  It's the Best buy near Winter Park. There is a KFC literally in the
                  parking lot. It's near Sameran road. Sorry I can't be more specific.

                  Thank you, and good luck
                  Jeyl