Glossary of Terms - at least partially on-topic

    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
      I thought this might be of interest to the folks here - we're
      uploading a basic glossary of terms related to anime and manga genres,
      with definitions for the many genres/names for yaoi and yuri to the
      Onna! website (http://www.onnafest.com).

      I know there are always questions about terminology and what various
      genre names mean, so I thought I'd pass it on to you folks. When the
      page goes live, I'll send the link out - feel free to link to it and
      disseminate it where you will. :-) All the definitions are *current*
      (which, in at least one case is quite important!) and the
      pronounciations should correct.

      In the meantime, with my great thanks to Erin S. for proofing this,
      and Paulette H for the original version, here's the Glossary of Terms:

      Aestheticism:
      An artistic movement of the 1960's and early 1970's that preceded
      yaoi. Aestheticism is characterized by bishounen in extremely close
      emotional, possibly romantic, relationships. Related terms: Yaoi;
      Bishounen; Shounen-ai; June; Boys' Love

      Animè:
      Pron. (ah-nee-may). French, but used by the Japanese to describe
      animation of all kinds. US fans of Japanese animation use animè for
      Japanese works only.

      Biseinen:
      Pron. (bee-say-nen). Similar to bishounen, biseinen refers to
      beautiful older male youths. Related terms: Aestheticism

      Bishoujo:
      Pron. (bee-show-joe). Refers to extremely good-looking girls
      (usually between 12 and 16 years old) featured in a series. Also used
      to describe a genre of games for males, which usually feature dating
      and/or sexual relationships.

      Bishounen:
      Pron. (bee-show-nen). Japanese for "beautiful boy," bishounen are
      artistically and often stylistically rendered young men. Related
      terms: Aestheticism; Biseinen

      Boys' Love:
      Current term for stories that feature male/male relationships.
      This term includes both sexual and romantic stories. Related terms:
      Yaoi; June; Aestheticism; Shounen-ai

      Circle:
      A group of people who work together to produce doujinshi, games,
      novels or other works. Some circles create parody material; others
      original. Related terms: Doujinshi

      Doujinshi:
      Pron. (dough-jin-shee) Small-press or self-published comics.
      Doujinshi are sometimes parodies of existing anime, manga, novels,
      games and even popular celebrities; but are also often original works.
      Related terms: Doujinshika; Circle

      Doujinshika:
      Pron. (dough-jin-shee-kah) Person who creates doujinshi. Related
      terms: Circle

      Fanart:
      Art based on copyrighted characters and situations, done by fans
      (usually not with the creator's permission). Also written as "Fan
      Art".

      Fanfic:
      Stories based on copyrighted characters and situations, written by
      fans (usually not with the creator's permission). Also called "Fan
      Fiction", or "Fanfiction".

      Femmeslash:
      Stories by fans of western series that include female/female
      romantic or sexual relationships. Related terms: Shoujo-ai; Yuri;
      Slash; Girls' Love

      Girls' Love:
      An analogue for Boys' Love, Girls' Love is being used by Japanese
      publishers to create a new category that includes yuri and shoujo-ai
      series. Related terms: Yuri; Shoujo-ai; Boys' Love; Femmeslash

      June:
      Pron. (joo-neh) June is the name of a seminal publication that
      features male/male relationships; the word came to be a synonym for
      Boys' Love stories. The term is now outdated. Related terms: Boys'
      Love; Yaoi; Shounen-ai; Aestheticism

      Hentai:
      Pron. (hen-tie) Also called "H", or "Ero". Hentai series are
      sexually explicit.

      Komikkusu:
      Japanese rendering of the English word "Comics." Manga and
      komikkusu are used nearly interchangeably. Related term: Manga

      Josei:
      Pron. (joe-say) Animation and comics targeted to young women (late
      high school to college-age). Josei series often include sexual
      relationships, sometimes explicitly.

      Ladies' Comics:
      Rediizu Komikkusu, i.e., Ladies' comics, refer to manga targeted
      to adult females. These are often sexually explicit. Related term: OL
      Comics

      Mahou:
      Pron. (mah-hoe) "Mahou Shoujo" = "magical girl". This is the
      best-known subgenre of girls' anime, and refers to any series
      featuring a female protagonist who uses magical powers.

      Manga:
      Pron. (mahn-gah) "Loose pictures." The Japanese term for comics
      and comic books. Related term: Komikkusu.

      Mangaka:
      Pron. (mahn-gah-kah) Person who creates manga. Related terms:
      Manga

      Mook:
      Pron. (moo-ku) Short for "monthly book," mooks are monthly manga
      magazines. Printed on cheap paper and running as many as two-dozen
      serialized manga stories simultaneously, mook are a popular way to
      read manga in Japan. Related term: Manga

      OL Comics:
      OL is short for "Office Ladies." This subgenre of Ladies' Comics
      usually features women in a semi-subservient position in a Japanese
      company. (OLs serve tea, change lightbulbs and do many other low-level
      tasks around Japanese offices. Many women take positions as OLs just
      to find a good husband.) OL Comics are commonly sexually explicit.
      Related term: Ladies' Comics

      Otaku:
      Pron. (oh-tah-koo) Describes extremely devoted followers of anime
      and manga. This is a derogatory term Japanese people use to refer to
      people who collect or are fans of something obsessively. Many anime
      and manga fans use it to describe themselves, often as a
      self-deprecatory joke.

      (Erica's note: Otaku means "house" as in "The House of Windsor" and
      refer to both the fact that otaku often don't leave the house much
      and, the fact that when they do, they are so socially challenged that
      they speak over-formally.)

      Seinen:
      Pron. (say-nen). Animation and comics targeted to young men (late
      high school to college-age).

      Shoujo:
      Pron (show-joe). Also spelled sh?jo. Shoujo means "young girls and
      describes animation and comics targeted to young girls.

      Shoujo-ai:
      Pron. (show-joe-eye) A term used by western fans to describe
      series featuring female/female romantic relationships, as opposed to
      sexual relationships. This term is not used in Japan at all, but is a
      literal translation of "Girls' Love," which *is* being used in Japan,
      primarily by publishers. Related terms: Yuri; Girls' Love; Femmeslash

      Shounen:
      Pron. (show-nen). Also spelled sh?nen. The word means "young boy"
      and refers to animation and comics targeted to young boys.

      Shounen-ai:
      Pron. (show-nen eye) An out-of-date term for series that portray
      male/male relationships. Used in the west to denote romantic as
      opposed to sexual relationships, but in Japan the phrase is now used
      to denote adult males that like young boys. Related terms:
      Aestheticism; Yaoi; Boys' Love; June

      Slash:
      Stories by fans of western series pairing male characters in
      homosexual romantic or sexual relationships. The term comes from the
      phrase "Kirk/Spock." Related terms: Femmeslash; Yaoi; Shounen-ai;
      June; Aestheticism

      Tankoubon:
      Pron. (tan-koh-bohn) A collected volume of manga chapters. Usually
      five chapters of a serialized manga make up a tankoubon. Related term:
      Manga; Mook

      Yaoi:
      Pron. (yah-oh-ee or yah-oy) Comes from "YAmanashi, Ochinashi,
      Iminashi" (no climax, no ending, no meaning). Used by non-Japanese
      fans to denote series featuring sexually graphic male/male
      relationships, as opposed to romantic ones. No longer used in Japan,
      where the term "Boys' Love" has superseded it. Related terms: Boys'
      Love; Shounen-ai; Aestheticism; June; Slash

      Yuri:
      Pron. (you-ree). Used in the west to denote series with explicit
      female/female sexual relationships, as opposed to romantic ones. In
      Japan the phrase refers to any work that contains a lesbian
      relationship, whether sexual or romantic. Related terms: Shoujo-ai;
      Girls' Love; Femmeslash.
    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
        On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 18:09:12 -0000, "atheniag"
        <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

        > I thought this might be of interest to the folks here

        ...and I think it can be shortened somewhat, in the name of clarity and
        aesthetics:

        > Animè:
        > Pr0n.

        > Doujinshi:
        > Pr0n.

        > Hentai:
        > Pr0n.

        > Yaoi:
        > Pr0n.

        > Yuri:
        > Pr0n.

        (One-track keyboard? Moi?)
        .oO("IO APPENA L'HO PRESO HO DECISO DI PROVARCI!!" )
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
          >From: Adam Jones <adam@...>
          >To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Glossary of Terms - at least partially on-topic

          >...and I think it can be shortened somewhat, in the name of clarity and
          >aesthetics:
          >
          > > Anim�:
          > > Pr0n.
          >
          > > Doujinshi:
          > > Pr0n.
          >
          > > Hentai:
          > > Pr0n.
          >
          > > Yaoi:
          > > Pr0n.
          >
          > > Yuri:
          > > Pr0n.

          Yes, that was basically what we were trying to avoid. :-)

        • Resop
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
            --- atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

            > I thought this might be of interest to the folks here - we're
            > uploading a basic glossary of terms related to anime and manga genres,
            > with definitions for the many genres/names for yaoi and yuri to the
            > Onna! website (http://www.onnafest.com).
            >
            > I know there are always questions about terminology and what various
            > genre names mean, so I thought I'd pass it on to you folks. When the
            > page goes live, I'll send the link out - feel free to link to it and
            > disseminate it where you will. :-) All the definitions are *current*
            > (which, in at least one case is quite important!) and the
            > pronounciations should correct.
            >
            > In the meantime, with my great thanks to Erin S. for proofing this,
            > and Paulette H for the original version, here's the Glossary of Terms:

            If femmeslash and slash are used to describe works where characters from
            western shows are thrown together in non-canonical relationships, then
            what would the term be for throwing anime characters together?

            I have heard "cross" used in this capacity, as in Serina x Rei. Is that an
            official term?

            Craig
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
              >From: Resop <resop2@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

              >If femmeslash and slash are used to describe works where characters from
              >western shows are thrown together in non-canonical relationships, then
              >what would the term be for throwing anime characters together?

              Usually it's yaoi or yuri (or one of the related terms) fanfic, here in the
              west.

              I can't say that I've ever seen a single word in English that represents
              just anime character non-canonical fanfic. And slash and femmeslash aren't
              any and all non-canonical relationships, they are specifically gay and
              lesbian ones.

              (Fanfic is called "shousetsu" (i.e, short stories, or novels) in Japan. If
              we get into the complexities of how Japanese fans label their stories, we
              could be listing stuff for *decades*.)

              >I have heard "cross" used in this capacity, as in Serina x Rei. Is that an
              >official term?

              There's no official terms for any of this. Who would decide? :-)

              But in the above case, most folks would call it yuri or shoujoai fanfic.

              PS - Usagi x Rei, or Serena x Raye. Let's get our versions straight. LOL
            • kanariya
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
                Something I've always wondered about is this (and I haven't managed to
                find it by myself as of yet): if 'biseinen' is the older male
                equivalent of 'bishounen', then what is the older female equivalent of
                'bishoujo'? I didn't notice the answer while I went through the
                glossary; forgive me if it's already there. But I've always been
                curious about this. ^_^ Likewise, is there a term for a type of
                comics, equivalent to 'seinen' and 'shounen', that reflects comics
                targetted to an older audience than 'shoujo'?

                CW

                elsewherecw@...
                AIM: ElsewhereCW
                LJ: elsewherecw
              • Johann Chua
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
                  <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

                  > Mook:
                  > Pron. (moo-ku) Short for "monthly book," mooks are monthly manga
                  > magazines. Printed on cheap paper and running as many as two-dozen
                  > serialized manga stories simultaneously, mook are a popular way to
                  > read manga in Japan. Related term: Manga

                  I was under the impresion a mook is a book in magazine format (e.g., a
                  lot of anime artbooks).
                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, kanariya <kanariya@s...> wrote:

                    > Something I've always wondered about is this (and I haven't managed
                    > find it by myself as of yet): if 'biseinen' is the older male
                    > equivalent of 'bishounen', then what is the older female equivalent
                    of
                    > 'bishoujo'?

                    Bijin

                    I didn't notice the answer while I went through the
                    > glossary; forgive me if it's already there. But I've always been
                    > curious about this. ^_^ Likewise, is there a term for a type of
                    > comics, equivalent to 'seinen' and 'shounen', that reflects comics
                    > targetted to an older audience than 'shoujo'?

                    Yes. The Book Off comic store labels them as "otona" or "adult"

                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Johann Chua <johannchua@h...> wrote:

                      > I was under the impresion a mook is a book in magazine format (e.g.,
                      > lot of anime artbooks).

                      Very few of the artbooks I have seen are in magazine format...can you
                      give me an example?

                      The descriptions I have read make the "monthly book" definition
                      specifically. Most of the mooks are magazine format, so you're right
                      there.

                      Most of the fans I know who don;t know what they are called call them
                      something like "those phone book manga magazines." :-)

                    • Johann Chua
                      Message 10 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
                        On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 02:23:24 -0000, "atheniag"
                        <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

                        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Johann Chua <johannchua@h...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > I was under the impresion a mook is a book in magazine format (e.g.,

                        > > lot of anime artbooks).
                        >
                        > Very few of the artbooks I have seen are in magazine format...can you
                        > give me an example?

                        Secret of Blue Water Roman Album
                        Mamono Hunter Yohko Kanketsu-hen
                        Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko Animedia Special

                        The last two have Gakken Mook on the cover.

                        It's my understanding that Roman Album is Tokuma Shoten's brand for
                        mooks.

                        > The descriptions I have read make the "monthly book" definition
                        > specifically. Most of the mooks are magazine format, so you're right
                        > there.

                        Just remembered that Yuri Shimai is labeled mook as well, but it's
                        quarterly, not monthly.

                        > Most of the fans I know who don;t know what they are called call them
                        > something like "those phone book manga magazines." :-)

                        Same here.
                      • kanariya
                        Message 11 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
                          >Bijin

                          Hm, that's interesting...I'd always thought that was the equivalent of
                          'babe' or 'beautiful person' and could apply to either sex. ^^;

                          Same with Otona; I thought it referred to adult manga designed for
                          either sex. I was looking for something more specific to women.

                          CW

                          elsewherecw@...
                          AIM: ElsewhereCW
                          LJ: elsewherecw
                        • Johann Chua
                          Message 12 of 27 , Feb 6, 2005
                            A quick search for "mook" on jpqueen.com turns up magazines and
                            artbooks. Most of the magazines seem to be heavy on the high-quality
                            color pages making them more like artbooks.
                            Message 13 of 27 , Feb 7, 2005
                              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, kanariya <kanariya@s...> wrote:
                              > >Bijin
                              >
                              > Hm, that's interesting...I'd always thought that was the equivalent
                              of
                              > 'babe' or 'beautiful person' and could apply to either sex. ^^;

                              It *could*, but its far more often applied to women.

                              > Same with Otona; I thought it referred to adult manga designed for
                              > either sex. I was looking for something more specific to women.

                              Josei is as "adult" as manga catagories go for women.

                              After that, it's just manga for grown-ups, period.

                              Message 14 of 27 , Feb 7, 2005
                                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Johann Chua <johannchua@h...> wrote:
                                > A quick search for "mook" on jpqueen.com turns up magazines and
                                > artbooks. Most of the magazines seem to be heavy on the
                                high-quality
                                > color pages making them more like artbooks.

                                Interesting. In the Japanese bookstores that I frequent, mooks are the
                                monthly manga magazines, and the glossy monthlies are simply
                                magazines.

                              • Shimako Toudou
                                Message 15 of 27 , Feb 7, 2005
                                  On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:17:51 +0800, Johann Chua <johannchua@...> wrote:

                                  > On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 18:09:12 -0000, "atheniag"
                                  > <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Mook:
                                  > > Pron. (moo-ku) Short for "monthly book," mooks are monthly manga
                                  > > magazines. Printed on cheap paper and running as many as two-dozen
                                  > > serialized manga stories simultaneously, mook are a popular way to
                                  > > read manga in Japan. Related term: Manga
                                  >
                                  > I was under the impresion a mook is a book in magazine format (e.g., a
                                  > lot of anime artbooks).

                                  Yes, and from buying alot of mooks over the years, my experience is
                                  that they are not printed on cheap paper, but on nicer, often heavier
                                  weight paper than typical magazines. The phonebook manga printed on
                                  cheap paper is called zasshi.
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Feb 7, 2005
                                    wrote:

                                    > Yes, and from buying alot of mooks over the years, my experience is
                                    > that they are not printed on cheap paper, but on nicer, often
                                    heavier
                                    > weight paper than typical magazines. The phonebook manga printed on
                                    > cheap paper is called zasshi.

                                    Thank you and Johann for the feedack on this. I'll make changes to the
                                    Glossary online as soon as I have a sec. :-)

                                  • shirobara12
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Feb 7, 2005

                                      > Thank you and Johann for the feedack on this.

                                      Hehe, yeah, Johann is reliable! :)

                                      I guess I'll make a small contribution too:

                                      > June:
                                      > Pron. (joo-neh) June is the name of a seminal publication that
                                      > features male/male relationships; the word came to be a synonym
                                      > for Boys' Love stories. The term is now outdated. Related
                                      > terms: Boys' Love; Yaoi; Shounen-ai; Aestheticism
                                      >
                                      > Hentai:
                                      > Pron. (hen-tie) Also called "H", or "Ero". Hentai series are
                                      > sexually explicit.

                                      Firstly, H comes before J, therefore Hentai comes before June.

                                      Secondly, your definition of hentai is actually the definition of
                                      ecchi. Ecchi (or H) and hentai are not synonymous!

                                      Ecchi is sexual. If something is just ecchi, then it's about
                                      normal "plain vanilla" sex (usually hetero, but I think simple
                                      sex stories of the yuri and yaoi kind are just ecchi too).
                                      Everything with some explicit sex in it qualifies as ecchi!

                                      Hentai is only for kinky stuff: BDSM, tentacles, etc.

                                      Eg: Urotsukidoji, La Blue Girl or Dragon Pink are hentai, but
                                      Slut Girl or Doukyuusei are just ecchi (and if you call them hentai
                                      when Japanese are listening, they will look at you funny).

                                      White Rose
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Feb 7, 2005
                                        >From: "shirobara12" <shirobara12@...>

                                        >I guess I'll make a small contribution too:

                                        >Firstly, H comes before J, therefore Hentai comes before June.

                                        ya got me there. :-)

                                        >Secondly, your definition of hentai is actually the definition of
                                        >ecchi. Ecchi (or H) and hentai are not synonymous!
                                        >
                                        >Ecchi is sexual. If something is just ecchi, then it's about
                                        >normal "plain vanilla" sex (usually hetero, but I think simple
                                        >sex stories of the yuri and yaoi kind are just ecchi too).
                                        >Everything with some explicit sex in it qualifies as ecchi!
                                        >
                                        >Hentai is only for kinky stuff: BDSM, tentacles, etc.

                                        Got a source for this?

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Feb 7, 2005

                                          Duh on me. This should have been:

                                          > Got a source for this? I'm always interested in finding good
                                          sources. (It's the librarian in me)

                                          And, of course - thanks everyone for the help! :-)

                                          The problem still being that, by October 1/2 the terms here will be
                                          dead in the water. LOL

                                        • Jeyl
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Feb 9, 2005
                                            What luck. When it comes to buying anime on dvd, Best Buy is both the
                                            stupidest and greatest place to get it. Of all the Best Buys here in
                                            Orlando, none of them had Vol. 4 of R.O.D. the TV. The computers at
                                            each store said that they had at least 6 copies available! Now, three
                                            weeks later, I stumble across R.O.D. Vol. 5 on the anime shelf, and a
                                            sudden hammer hit me over the head. What is going on? Vol. 5 isn't due
                                            out for another two weeks! And there still isn't any sign of Vol. 4!

                                            Spoilers!

                                            Spoilers!

                                            One more time for safety.

                                            Spoilers!

                                            Since I had to buy Vol. 4 at a very expensive store somewhere in a
                                            little town called Down Town Disney, I had no problems in quickly
                                            watching Vol. 5. All I can say is this. Poor Yomiko. All these things
                                            she has done over the years that have brought nothing but bad things to
                                            the world, and all she wants to do is make things better. What better
                                            way to do that with only Anita to help her out? Especially now that she
                                            officially blames her for her painful memories that still bother her.
                                            Oh, that moment at the end of Episode 20 still hurt the big one. I
                                            think I can safely say that Anita was simply over reacting. Honestly,
                                            she can't go on like this forever. I've seen that happen in anime
                                            already (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. The ending for that was
                                            more scarier and disturbing than the ending to Evangelion!). Downer
                                            things aside, the most exciting part of the whole package didn't happen
                                            till I opened the DVD case. I was so exited to see what the next lovely
                                            pencil board design was going to be that would soon be bestowed upon
                                            Erica. Simply put, I'm laughing about what she has to say about it
                                            already. This makes the Vol. 4 pencil board look like a Care Bears book
                                            cover. The other side of the board that features Nancy is kind of cute
                                            once you spot Yomiko reflected on the locker door mirror. Cute little
                                            Yuri potential there. Much more bearable than the "other" side of the
                                            board!

                                            Thank you, and good luck.
                                            Jeyl
                                          • Jen
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
                                              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Jeyl <theo@v...> wrote:

                                              > "I was so excited to see what the next lovely pencil board design
                                              was going to be..."

                                              Oh why why WHY couldn't they have made a Pencil Board of the
                                              aut16400-BIG.jpg poster (See Yuricon Files)? That would be SUCH a
                                              treasure! So much more than the inevitable Hisa-chan "licking my
                                              melting ice-cream" PB we know is coming. -_-

                                              (By the way, I still have the 3000x4300 scan I made of that poster, in
                                              case anyone wants a bigger version.)

                                              Kisses XXOOXX
                                              Jen
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
                                                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:

                                                > Oh why why WHY couldn't they have made a Pencil Board of the
                                                > aut16400-BIG.jpg poster (See Yuricon Files)?

                                                Yeah, let's all write Geneon and complain! (And then I'd get a C&D
                                                letter from them and it would all go downhill from there. LOL)

                                                The book isn't quite right, you know - Sean Gaffney co-wrote the story
                                                with me, so his name ought to be on the cover too. :-)

                                              • Rayna Darkstorm
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
                                                  I realize this is a bit late, but it really only just hit me...

                                                  >Slash:
                                                  >    Stories by fans of western series
                                                  pairing male characters in
                                                  >homosexual romantic or sexual relationships.
                                                  The term comes from the
                                                  >phrase "Kirk/Spock." Related terms: Femmeslash;
                                                  Yaoi; Shounen-ai;
                                                  >June; Aestheticism

                                                  As a Trekkie, I've got one thing to say about that pairing: Ew. Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew.

                                                  Thanks so much for the mental image, which is rather graphic, due to my overactive imagination.

                                                  Okay, I feel better now.

                                                  - Rayna ^_~
                                                • Jen
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005

                                                    > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:
                                                    >

                                                    > > Oh why why WHY couldn't they have made a Pencil Board of the
                                                    > > aut16400-BIG.jpg poster (See Yuricon Files)?
                                                    >
                                                    > Yeah, let's all write Geneon and complain! (And then I'd get a C&D
                                                    > letter from them and it would all go downhill from there. LOL)

                                                    Me, I'd love for YuriCon to become a feared lobbying group, demanding
                                                    US publishers bring us selected yuri works we deem worthy. Plus, the
                                                    lovely atheniag could become gloriously corrupt, accepting yurilicious
                                                    gifts from YuriCon members in exchange for the right word in the right
                                                    ear. ^-^

                                                    "As a loyal YuriCon member, I'd love it if you could demand Tokyopop
                                                    publish YKK. Hey, why don't I SEND you the complete published works,
                                                    including all novels, artbooks, posters and plushies? So you can...
                                                    um... consider their worth, like. I could also throw in BEBE's Creole
                                                    series (signed by Konno Oyuki), but only if you demand they also
                                                    publish those Azumanga doujins where Sakaki gets done by the Cat. In
                                                    hardcover."

                                                    Ah, sweet corruption. Such a warm, fuzzy feeling. ^_^

                                                    Kisses XXOOXX
                                                    Jen
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
                                                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:

                                                      > Me, I'd love for YuriCon to become a feared lobbying group,
                                                      demanding
                                                      > US publishers bring us selected yuri works we deem worthy. Plus,
                                                      the
                                                      > lovely atheniag could become gloriously corrupt, accepting
                                                      yurilicious
                                                      > gifts from YuriCon members in exchange for the right word in the
                                                      right
                                                      > ear. ^-^

                                                      Hey - that's what I want, too! LOL

                                                      > "As a loyal YuriCon member, I'd love it if you could demand Tokyopop
                                                      > publish YKK. Hey, why don't I SEND you the complete published
                                                      works,
                                                      > including all novels, artbooks, posters and plushies? So you can...
                                                      > um... consider their worth, like. I could also throw in BEBE's
                                                      Creole
                                                      > series (signed by Konno Oyuki), but only if you demand they also
                                                      > publish those Azumanga doujins where Sakaki gets done by the Cat.
                                                      In
                                                      > hardcover."

                                                      ROTFL. You really worry me, Jen. You've memorized entire Okazu
                                                      entries.

                                                      > Ah, sweet corruption. Such a warm, fuzzy feeling. ^_^

                                                      Don't forget the 20-something fangirls hanging on me in my infamous
                                                      "grotto"...

                                                    • John Merced
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Feb 11, 2005
                                                        This message is aboutR.O.D. Vol 5. I live in orlando
                                                        and I was wondering which Best Buy it is that has Vol.
                                                        5, If someone wouldnt mind helping me out with this.
                                                        Especially if u live in orlando. So drop me line, if
                                                        anybody knows anything. Hey maybe we can become
                                                        friends. -John

                                                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                                                      • Jeyl
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Feb 11, 2005
                                                          It's the Best buy near Winter Park. There is a KFC literally in the
                                                          parking lot. It's near Sameran road. Sorry I can't be more specific.

                                                          Thank you, and good luck
                                                          Jeyl