A Question

  • Nicole
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
      On "The list", I noticed the title for the anime "Sakura wars". It
      seems there are a few sakura wars. Could anyone tell me which one
      the list was referring to? Is it by chance, "Sakura wars-the movie"?
      Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!
    • sean@centragarden.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
        On 1 Feb 2005 at 13:57, Nicole wrote:

        > On "The list", I noticed the title for the anime "Sakura wars". It
        > seems there are a few sakura wars. Could anyone tell me which one
        > the list was referring to? Is it by chance, "Sakura wars-the movie"?
        > Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

        For the most part, Sakura Wars has what I term 'faux yuri' - it's not actually there, but can be
        fairly easily read into various scenes.

        The best way to see it is with the 2nd series of OAVs, which has 1 OAV focus on each of the
        girls, and has lots of 'could easily be seen as' scenes that don't say anything outright. ADV
        has released this with the first series of OAVs into one big lump.

        You can find it here:
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008L3RA/qid=1107296272/sr=8-
        2/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-6438206-9173414?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

        Keep in mind the OAVs were written for people who have played the Sakura Wars game
        (which came first), thus there's a lot left out.

        --SG
      • Shimako Toudou
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
          If you want to delve beyond the anime/games/manga... there are also
          the live action musicals! For those not familiar with the musicals,
          they star the seiyuu from Sakura Taisen/Sakura Wars. Each summer
          edition of the show, they perform a musical within the framework of
          the "Imperial Operetta Company" of the Sakura Taisen world. As with
          the real-life Takarazuka Theatre, the mostly-female cast members take
          on male roles as needed.

          The earlier musicals are available on DVD from CDJapan and Amazon.jp.
          I highly recommend two in particular. "Benitokage," starring Sumire as
          the villainous Red Lizard, and Kanna as the detective (who is in love
          with Ms. Lizard) trying to bring her to justice. Benitokage is
          featured in the Sumire-Kanna episode of the animated OVA. "Arabia no
          Bara," starring Maria and Reni as long-lost brothers, one a tyrannical
          king, the other a leader of a band of rebels. Reni's rebel leader is
          quite cheesed off that the king's guards killed his love, played by
          Sakura, so off he goes to overthrow the king.

          Also recommended, but is out of print, "Kaijin Bessou," starring Maria
          as an undersea king, and Sakura as the land princess the king wants to
          marry. There are many wonderful songs in this one, including the
          climatic love-hate duet between the sea king and the land princess
          that was reinterpreted in the Sakura Taisen movie between Rachette and
          Sakura.

          As in the anime, Maria and Sakura tend to get paired off quite a bit
          in the musicals. ^__^
        • Nicole
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
            Thank you all for all of your help! I'll check out the links you
            people posted. Though I still think the whole thing a bit confusing
            as there are quite a few titles containing the mentioned 2
            characters from "the list". The musical does sound like a more
            interesting take on the show.
          • Nicole
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 22, 2005
              Ah..I'd like to ask a question about stellvia of the universe. In
              here, http://okazu.blogspot.com/2003/11/yuri-anime-of-month-if-you-
              havent-yet.html, Erica wrote that the lesbian couple sort of come
              out in public. Can anyone tell me which episode is it? Thanks for
              all help in advance!
            • Adam Jones
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 22, 2005
                On 22-Mar-2005 08:46 -0000, Nicole wrote:

                > Ah..I'd like to ask a question about stellvia of the universe. In
                > here, http://okazu.blogspot.com/2003/11/yuri-anime-of-month-if-you-
                > havent-yet.html, Erica wrote that the lesbian couple sort of come
                > out in public. Can anyone tell me which episode is it? Thanks for
                > all help in advance!

                Episode 26 - right at the very end. It's around episode 12 (I think)
                that we start to see any interaction between them more significant than
                passing glances (and some of their backstory is then revealed).
                .oO("NB there was no emoticon for ironic horror." )
              • Elizabeth
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 29, 2005
                  Erm, I'd like to ask a question. About the manga, Chirality, did it
                  have a happy ending or a bad one? Tell me about it! Thanks a bunch!
                • Chikane Himemiya
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 29, 2005
                    lol YEA!! What happened, I hardly saw anything of Chirality.....I wish I could see more of it, but I don't have the money or the knowledge to go translating some of the stuff I've seen....

                    Elizabeth <tyran85@...> wrote:
                    Erm, I'd like to ask a question. About the manga, Chirality, did it
                    have a happy ending or a bad one? Tell me about it! Thanks a bunch!

                    "Should I smile because you're a friend, or cry cause that's all you'll ever be?"
                    Shay/Rumiel

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 30, 2005
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <tyran85@y...> wrote:
                      > Erm, I'd like to ask a question. About the manga, Chirality, did it
                      > have a happy ending or a bad one? Tell me about it! Thanks a bunch!

                      Tre happy.

                      Spoiler

                      Space

                      Carol and Shiori save the world and live, assumably, hapily ever
                      after, after a stunning display of bad science and inexplicable
                      writing. :)

                    • Uchan ..
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 30, 2005

                        >"Should I smile because you're a friend, or cry cause that's all you'll
                        >ever be?"
                        >Shay/Rumiel

                        I was just wondering where the quote is from?
                        Thanks

                      • Chikane Himemiya
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 30, 2005
                          *smiles and chuckles* It's my quote....It's how I feel about my best friend....but I almost don't need it anymore.....I like it alot because it's how I felt, but I think things are looking up me....XD Very well acutally...XP