Re: MariMite: The story of Yumi & Sei.

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 14, 2005

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:

      "I think it's not so much a dislike for Sachiko..."

      Well, even if it's a subconscious thing, it certainly ain't for the
      manga Sachiko. Having just finished chapters 1-6, I'm shocked to
      see Sachiko acting like a totally different person!

      Maybe it's the eyes of her anime model? How they're always near
      closed, like a cat with that expression they do so well. That "Why
      do you bother me by making me acknowledge your existence in my
      world?" look they cast in your direction. Sachiko's got that goin'
      on 24/7, with all the superior condescension I say she projects.
      But Manga Sachiko? No~ooooo...

      Manga Sachiko never does that once! Here eyes are so wide open!
      She's so very *expressive* it's like I'm reading about a totally
      different character. Just look at Sachiko! She huffs, goes all
      chibi, exasperates, yells, sighs, smiles so often it's such a shock
      of the new, she comically growls and she plays with her hair and...
      and... it just ain't the Sachiko I've known. The *only* one I've
      known.

      It's strange, the manga being so much more comical and funny
      compared to the angst so often dripping from the anime.

      This is just a realisation by me said out loud. That's all. Sorry
      for the necroposting. ^_^

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Like I said, if you don't like Sachiko, then you don't like her.
      >

      > I think it's not so much a dislike for Sachiko, but a concern for
      > Yumi. She may be fortunate to have an onee-sama who's also a
      > YamaYurikai, but methinks Yumi may be forcing herself into
      believing
      > being the soeur of Sachiko is a good thing because Sachiko is SO
      > idolised, and Yumi may be falling ever upwards.
      >
      > However, what disturbs me more than Yumi's self-induced shredding
      of
      > body and mind in the name of Sachiko is Sachiko's own apparent
      > disregard for the soeur concept... at least the taking of one of
      her
      > own.
      >

      > It's already been established that Sachiko took a soeur for the
      sole
      > purpose of getting out of the Cinderella role, and Yumi just
      > happened to be who she tripped over. Sachiko was ready to hang
      Yumi