Re: [Yuricon] That old TaTu Movie

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2005
      On Jan 9, 2005, at 3:05 AM, Dillon Font wrote:

      > So, hello list.

      Hello, Dillon.

      > I randomly remembered that some Japanese company was making an animated
      > film about our favorite lesbian pop duo (cause there are so many) TaTu
      > like a year ago.
      >
      > I went through the website and it seems to have not been properly
      > updated since, well, last year, but evidently it was supposed to come
      > out in Japan and Europe in November 2004.
      >
      > Now of course, I admit to living in a dark dark cave of studying here
      > in
      > Tokyo (hell, I haven't even seen the new Miyazaki, which also happens
      > be based on a favorite book of mine. but learning the language full
      > time
      > will do that to you) and I can't seem to find any news or info if this
      > movie was released/finished/cancelled, and I figured, hey hey, if any
      > group of people would have the answers..
      >
      > Are TaTu even _around_ anymore? I swear they disappeared off Earth
      > sometime in the fall of 2003, but I hardly follow pop music.
      >
      > (What can I say. Even as a total fag, when I randomly saw their act on
      > the MTV Movie Awards of 2003, I was very much all daayaam that hot)

      Well, that seemed to have been the highlight of their careers. In June
      of 2004, the group seemed to disintegrate as it was revealed that Yulia
      was pregnant. As many suspected, their "lesbianism" was really just for
      show. Supposedly, they were supposed to have another album out last
      year as well, and it seems their producer has moved on to other things.
      I suspect the anime movie just fell by the wayside. Since, none of the
      fan sites, I've checked out even have rumors, I suspect the group is as
      dead as the Spice Girls.

      -==-
      Serge
      http://ximatl.blogspot.com
    • Polarisreborn13@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2005
        i know! what happened to them?!
      • secondontheleft
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2005
          Oddly enough, I was thinking about this proposed anime just recently
          myself. I was using the teaser as a means to torment my main anime
          watching coconspirator and we decided that it looked bad enough to be
          funny.

          My research showed basically what you've already said. tATu's career
          seems to have ended and plans have been abandoned. It's too bad in a
          way, but hardly shocking. I was looking forward to mocking the anime
          though.

          I you're all lucky it'll make me more likely to forget to make that
          Malchick Gay/Sailor Moon AMV when I get 'round to trying my hand at it
          again (I'm predicting this will occur early in 2008).

          Peace,
          Birdie
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2005
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "secondontheleft" <firebird1919@c...>
            wrote:

            > Oddly enough, I was thinking about this proposed anime just recently
            > myself.

            Me too. Which is really weird. :-)

            t.A.T.u. Paragate still has a website - but hasn't been updated since
            last winter. For what its worth:
            http://www.tatu-paragate.jp/index.html

            I think we can say its dead in the water. :-)