Re: [Yuricon] Re: New season anyone?

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
      On Jan 7, 2005, at 1:51 PM, mellowrg wrote:

      > Still watching Mai Hime, which continues to rock, and Gundam Seed
      > Destiny which somehow continues to impress the jaded Gundam fan in me.

      We share similar sentiments. Mai Hime is now just starting to kick into
      high gear, and I've started to watch the raws on this one, because I
      can't wait. And while there can only be one Char and one Amuro, GSD
      does not completely suck.

      -==-
      Serge
      http://ximatl.blogspot.com
    • firebird1919@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2005

        > Message: 1
        > Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:26:04 -0000
        > From: "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...>
        > Subject: New season anyone?
        >

        > Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff and
        > crying about the "good old days"? LOL

        I never seem to be watching anything new. I only finished watched ROD
        the TV last week. It ended far better than I expected and will be added
        to my collection as soon as it can be purchased in full.

        Another old series I've seen recently that I didn't notice being
        discussed here (probably because the yuri hints are somewhat incidental)
        is Last Exile. In my estimation it was a very good series: story,
        characters, music, animation, the fact that it had an ending... and
        Alice reminds me just a little of Yayoi of Stellvia.

        Well, happy watching to all of you,
        Birdie
      • malarie
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, firebird1919@c... wrote:

          ______________________

          ______________________

          > > Message: 1
          > > Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:26:04 -0000
          > > From: "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
          > > Subject: New season anyone?
          > >

          > > Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff
          and
          > > crying about the "good old days"? LOL
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > Erica
          >
          > I never seem to be watching anything new. I only finished watched
          ROD
          > the TV last week. It ended far better than I expected and will be
          added
          > to my collection as soon as it can be purchased in full.
          >
          > Another old series I've seen recently that I didn't notice being
          > discussed here (probably because the yuri hints are somewhat
          incidental)
          > is Last Exile. In my estimation it was a very good series: story,
          > characters, music, animation, the fact that it had an ending... and
          > Alice reminds me just a little of Yayoi of Stellvia.
          >
          > Well, happy watching to all of you,
          > Birdie

          I've only been keeping up with Mai HiME, BECK and Gundam SEED Destiny.
          I feel bad for the BECK anime because it looks like it was made with
          the budget of a 7-11 and it just doesnt portray the greatness of it
          like the manga did. Yuri this season is lacking, Mai HiME is just a
          teaser, i swear CLAMP is behind its making seeing as how they're
          notorious for waving the yuri hints in your face and then BAM! the
          series ends with no closure. Just gotta wait for the spring shows :\