Re: New season anyone?

  • mellowrg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005

      > I've been having computer troubles this week, so have fallen behind on
      > almost everything, but last night I managed to watch the first episode
      > of "Magical Canan".
      >
      > It's another h-game turned into lackluster magical girl anime. Even if
      > there's yuri, I won't be watching this. But hey, if you are and like
      > it, and there is yuri, be sure to let us know! LOL
      >
      > Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff and
      > crying about the "good old days"? LOL

      Well... Limeiro is crap by default,
      I was never interested in AMG
      Xenosaga was... OK, but nothing special
      I like Jinki, even though one of the girls looks like Himeko from
      Kannaduki. She even comes a pseudo miko outfit. Ha ha
      If Air is anything like the game it was based on, it's going to be
      SURREAL sentimental mythism. You need to be an correct mood to watch this.
      I don't care about Negima
      Star Ship Operators is another Japanese Star Trek. The mood is fairly
      serious. Again, you need to be in a correct mood to enjoy this. On
      another note, I think Ayako Kawasumi is ruining the novelty of her
      Chikane voice.

      Still watching Mai Hime, which continues to rock, and Gundam Seed
      Destiny which somehow continues to impress the jaded Gundam fan in me.
    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
        On Jan 7, 2005, at 1:51 PM, mellowrg wrote:

        > Still watching Mai Hime, which continues to rock, and Gundam Seed
        > Destiny which somehow continues to impress the jaded Gundam fan in me.

        We share similar sentiments. Mai Hime is now just starting to kick into
        high gear, and I've started to watch the raws on this one, because I
        can't wait. And while there can only be one Char and one Amuro, GSD
        does not completely suck.

        -==-
        Serge
        http://ximatl.blogspot.com
      • firebird1919@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2005

          > Message: 1
          > Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:26:04 -0000
          > From: "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...>
          > Subject: New season anyone?
          >

          > Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff and
          > crying about the "good old days"? LOL

          I never seem to be watching anything new. I only finished watched ROD
          the TV last week. It ended far better than I expected and will be added
          to my collection as soon as it can be purchased in full.

          Another old series I've seen recently that I didn't notice being
          discussed here (probably because the yuri hints are somewhat incidental)
          is Last Exile. In my estimation it was a very good series: story,
          characters, music, animation, the fact that it had an ending... and
          Alice reminds me just a little of Yayoi of Stellvia.

          Well, happy watching to all of you,
          Birdie
        • malarie
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2005
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, firebird1919@c... wrote:

            ______________________

            ______________________

            > > Message: 1
            > > Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:26:04 -0000
            > > From: "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
            > > Subject: New season anyone?
            > >

            > > Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff
            and
            > > crying about the "good old days"? LOL
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > >
            > > Erica
            >
            > I never seem to be watching anything new. I only finished watched
            ROD
            > the TV last week. It ended far better than I expected and will be
            added
            > to my collection as soon as it can be purchased in full.
            >
            > Another old series I've seen recently that I didn't notice being
            > discussed here (probably because the yuri hints are somewhat
            incidental)
            > is Last Exile. In my estimation it was a very good series: story,
            > characters, music, animation, the fact that it had an ending... and
            > Alice reminds me just a little of Yayoi of Stellvia.
            >
            > Well, happy watching to all of you,
            > Birdie

            I've only been keeping up with Mai HiME, BECK and Gundam SEED Destiny.
            I feel bad for the BECK anime because it looks like it was made with
            the budget of a 7-11 and it just doesnt portray the greatness of it
            like the manga did. Yuri this season is lacking, Mai HiME is just a
            teaser, i swear CLAMP is behind its making seeing as how they're
            notorious for waving the yuri hints in your face and then BAM! the
            series ends with no closure. Just gotta wait for the spring shows :\