New season anyone?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
      I've been having computer troubles this week, so have fallen behind on
      almost everything, but last night I managed to watch the first episode
      of "Magical Canan".

      It's another h-game turned into lackluster magical girl anime. Even if
      there's yuri, I won't be watching this. But hey, if you are and like
      it, and there is yuri, be sure to let us know! LOL

      Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff and
      crying about the "good old days"? LOL

    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
        On Jan 7, 2005, at 11:26 AM, atheniag wrote:

        > I've been having computer troubles this week, so have fallen behind on
        > almost everything, but last night I managed to watch the first episode
        > of "Magical Canan".

        You actually haven't been missing much. Everything seems to have slowed
        down because of the holidays, we just got a fansub of Mai Hime 13 on
        Tuesday I think, and a lot of shows skipped a week, because of New
        Year's. So, your computer picked a good time to die. ;)

        > It's another h-game turned into lackluster magical girl anime. Even if
        > there's yuri, I won't be watching this. But hey, if you are and like
        > it, and there is yuri, be sure to let us know! LOL

        I might have, but it sounded so been there, done that.

        > Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff and
        > crying about the "good old days"? LOL

        Haven't really scoped out any of the new shows yet, but I'll probably
        do that over the weekend. I'm planning on checking out Xenosaga, and
        the Ah! My Goddess series when they start up, but I'm not sure about
        anything else.
        Anybody else got any buzz?

        -==-
        Serge
        http://ximatl.blogspot.com
      • mellowrg
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005

          > I've been having computer troubles this week, so have fallen behind on
          > almost everything, but last night I managed to watch the first episode
          > of "Magical Canan".
          >
          > It's another h-game turned into lackluster magical girl anime. Even if
          > there's yuri, I won't be watching this. But hey, if you are and like
          > it, and there is yuri, be sure to let us know! LOL
          >
          > Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff and
          > crying about the "good old days"? LOL

          Well... Limeiro is crap by default,
          I was never interested in AMG
          Xenosaga was... OK, but nothing special
          I like Jinki, even though one of the girls looks like Himeko from
          Kannaduki. She even comes a pseudo miko outfit. Ha ha
          If Air is anything like the game it was based on, it's going to be
          SURREAL sentimental mythism. You need to be an correct mood to watch this.
          I don't care about Negima
          Star Ship Operators is another Japanese Star Trek. The mood is fairly
          serious. Again, you need to be in a correct mood to enjoy this. On
          another note, I think Ayako Kawasumi is ruining the novelty of her
          Chikane voice.

          Still watching Mai Hime, which continues to rock, and Gundam Seed
          Destiny which somehow continues to impress the jaded Gundam fan in me.
        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2005
            On Jan 7, 2005, at 1:51 PM, mellowrg wrote:

            > Still watching Mai Hime, which continues to rock, and Gundam Seed
            > Destiny which somehow continues to impress the jaded Gundam fan in me.

            We share similar sentiments. Mai Hime is now just starting to kick into
            high gear, and I've started to watch the raws on this one, because I
            can't wait. And while there can only be one Char and one Amuro, GSD
            does not completely suck.

            -==-
            Serge
            http://ximatl.blogspot.com
          • firebird1919@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2005

              > Message: 1
              > Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:26:04 -0000
              > From: "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...>
              > Subject: New season anyone?
              >

              > Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff and
              > crying about the "good old days"? LOL

              I never seem to be watching anything new. I only finished watched ROD
              the TV last week. It ended far better than I expected and will be added
              to my collection as soon as it can be purchased in full.

              Another old series I've seen recently that I didn't notice being
              discussed here (probably because the yuri hints are somewhat incidental)
              is Last Exile. In my estimation it was a very good series: story,
              characters, music, animation, the fact that it had an ending... and
              Alice reminds me just a little of Yayoi of Stellvia.

              Well, happy watching to all of you,
              Birdie
            • malarie
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 8, 2005
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, firebird1919@c... wrote:

                ______________________

                ______________________

                > > Message: 1
                > > Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:26:04 -0000
                > > From: "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
                > > Subject: New season anyone?
                > >

                > > Anyone seen anything good yet? Or is everyone rewatching old stuff
                and
                > > crying about the "good old days"? LOL
                > >
                > > Cheers,
                > >
                > > Erica
                >
                > I never seem to be watching anything new. I only finished watched
                ROD
                > the TV last week. It ended far better than I expected and will be
                added
                > to my collection as soon as it can be purchased in full.
                >
                > Another old series I've seen recently that I didn't notice being
                > discussed here (probably because the yuri hints are somewhat
                incidental)
                > is Last Exile. In my estimation it was a very good series: story,
                > characters, music, animation, the fact that it had an ending... and
                > Alice reminds me just a little of Yayoi of Stellvia.
                >
                > Well, happy watching to all of you,
                > Birdie

                I've only been keeping up with Mai HiME, BECK and Gundam SEED Destiny.
                I feel bad for the BECK anime because it looks like it was made with
                the budget of a 7-11 and it just doesnt portray the greatness of it
                like the manga did. Yuri this season is lacking, Mai HiME is just a
                teaser, i swear CLAMP is behind its making seeing as how they're
                notorious for waving the yuri hints in your face and then BAM! the
                series ends with no closure. Just gotta wait for the spring shows :\