Anyone else watching Stellvia on DVD?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
      I'm re-watching this series and you know, there are actual flashes
      of brilliance...and of course Ayaka and Yayoi are a great couple.
      But the art - bleah! lol

    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
        On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:32:35 -0000, "atheniag"
        <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

        > I'm re-watching this series and you know, there are actual flashes
        > of brilliance...and of course Ayaka and Yayoi are a great couple.
        > But the art - bleah! lol

        It's more the "loli" than the "lol" that bothers me, actually...
        .oO("(etc, etc)" )
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
          > On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:32:35 -0000, "atheniag"
          > <anilesbocon01@h...> wrote:
          >
          > > I'm re-watching this series and you know, there are actual flashes
          > > of brilliance...and of course Ayaka and Yayoi are a great couple.
          > > But the art - bleah! lol
          >
          > It's more the "loli" than the "lol" that bothers me, actually...

          It's just as bad in the manga, I found. Really off-putting. But I was
          watching episode 7 on the DVD and the art was SO badly rendered.
          Shippon's neck was giraffe-like and Arisa's face had practically
          disappeared. And then there was the little problem with Yayoi's wig
          slipping....

          Nonetheless, Vol.2 starts to build the backstory between Yayoi and
          Ayaka and really - it's the one consistently good thing in this so-so
          series.

          The world needs more Yayaoi and Ayaka fics, Adam. Hint, hint.

          (If all you folks haven't read it yet, Adam wrote an exceptionally
          good Yayoi x Ayaka story a while back, which you can find on the
          Fanfic Revolution website: http://www.fanficrevolution.org Go. Now.
          Read.)