Re: [Yuricon] Mai Hime was Re: "The List" at Yuricon updated!

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 29, 2004
      On Dec 29, 2004, at 11:10 PM, mellowrg wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...> wrote:
      >
      > Tate is the angsty main character with a
      >> troubled past, he is also a "key" which is required for the Hime to
      >> summon their Children. Usually, one key per Hime, and all the keys
      >> appear to be boys. Tate is, of course, special in that both Natsuki
      >> and
      >> Mai can use him to summon their Children, and his "key" radius is
      >> much,
      >> much larger. (More phallic symbolism fodder for mellowrg. :-D) Yawn.
      >> At this point, Shizuru and her thing for Natsuki, seems to be one of
      >> the only similarities between the two.
      >>
      >> -==-
      >> Serge
      >> http://ximatl.blogspot.com
      >
      > Yukino's key is Haruka and vice versa. Although, that doesn't
      > necessarily mean Haruka will be a Hime as well in the anime.
      >
      > Midori-chan's key is her pet bird. Heh.

      You're obviously farther along than I am. So I stand corrected.

      > But really, the manga is horrendous. Those who think otherwise are
      > just caught in the "oh wow! it's different! action! fanservice
      > zomgwtf!" factor.

      Well, I'm always a sucker for fanservice and tentacles, but . . .
      I'm not a big fan of the art style either, it's trying to be rough and
      gritty I think, but, ends up just being weak. Though, it's probably
      bias from watching the anime first and reading scanlations taken from
      the monthly instead of a tankoubon. But, yeah, I don't like it really.
      (Will I stop reading, no, it hasn't completely pissed me off yet. ;)

      > And I certainly can't accept a Natsuki x Tate x Mai love triangle.
      > Ick. **spit

      Especially these incarnations of Mai and Natsuki. They're too
      stereotypical bad girl, but not really and genki, yet ditzy, at this
      point. Give them different names and it could be any shonen story.

      -==-
      Serge
      http://ximatl.blogspot.com