"The List" at Yuricon updated!

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 26, 2004
      We're finally caught up on the backlog of old and new suggestions for
      "The List"!

      Check it out at http://www.yuricon.org/list/ for your favorite
      characters and series - and remember, we're always open to suggestions
      - just email me at anilesbocon01@... with your favorite anime
      or manga lesbians, lesbian-wannabees or oughts-bes. :-)
    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 28, 2004
        On Dec 26, 2004, at 4:16 PM, atheniag wrote:

        > We're finally caught up on the backlog of old and new suggestions for
        > "The List"!

        Hmm. Shizuru from Mai Hime seems to be missing. I looked at least three
        times and didn't see any listings from Mai Hime. Anyway, I sent off an
        email to Erica nominating Shizuru, but I'm not sure about any others.
        In the interest of spurring conversation on the list, who else from Mai
        Hime should make the list?

        -==-
        Serge
        http://ximatl.blogspot.com
      • mellowrg
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 28, 2004
          > On Dec 26, 2004, at 4:16 PM, atheniag wrote:
          >
          > > We're finally caught up on the backlog of old and new suggestions for
          > > "The List"!
          >
          > Hmm. Shizuru from Mai Hime seems to be missing. I looked at least three
          > times and didn't see any listings from Mai Hime. Anyway, I sent off an
          > email to Erica nominating Shizuru, but I'm not sure about any others.
          > In the interest of spurring conversation on the list, who else from Mai
          > Hime should make the list?

          Yukino.

          By episode 13, it's clear she likes Haruka in a romantic way.
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 28, 2004
            > On Dec 26, 2004, at 4:16 PM, atheniag wrote:
            >

            > Hmm. Shizuru from Mai Hime seems to be missing. I looked at least
            three
            > times and didn't see any listings from Mai Hime. Anyway, I sent off
            an
            > email to Erica nominating Shizuru, but I'm not sure about any
            others.
            > In the interest of spurring conversation on the list, who else from
            Mai
            > Hime should make the list?

            I know Mikoto isn't gay, per se, but I'm kind of thinking she ought to
            be on "The List" just for her poseesiveness of Mai's breasts. :-)

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 28, 2004
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mellowrg" <mellowrg@y...> wrote:

              > Yukino.
              >
              > By episode 13, it's clear she likes Haruka in a romantic way.

              Yeah - I'll agree with that.

              Send the suggestion (along with any others!) to anilesbocon01@hotmail.
              com and I'll add them on next update. :-)

            • froggie
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 29, 2004

                atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

                I know Mikoto isn't gay, per se, but I'm kind of thinking she ought to
                be on "The List" just for her poseesiveness of Mai's breasts.

                Volume 1 of Mai Hime manga has been released by Yanime (unfortunately, only available thru IRC)...and the manga clearly displays Mikoto's possessiveness over Mai's breasts. I didnt know the manga is a lot different (how it began, Tate's role to the hime, etc) from the anime.  From what I've seen/read in volume 1, I prefer the manga -- especially how Mikoto clings herself to Mai in their sleep...kawaii!!

                Froggie

                Do you Yahoo!?
                The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!

              • Chalcahuite
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 29, 2004
                  On Dec 29, 2004, at 2:54 PM, froggie wrote:

                  > atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > I know Mikoto isn't gay, per se, but I'm kind of thinking she ought to
                  > be on "The List" just for her poseesiveness of Mai's breasts.
                  >
                  > Volume 1 of Mai Hime manga has been released by Yanime
                  > (unfortunately, only available thru IRC)...and the manga clearly
                  > displays Mikoto's possessiveness over Mai's breasts. I didnt know the
                  > manga is a lot different (how it began, Tate's role to the hime, etc)
                  > from the anime.  From what I've seen/read in volume 1, I prefer the
                  > manga -- especially how Mikoto clings herself to Mai in their
                  > sleep...kawaii!!
                  >
                  > Froggie

                  Anime-Source has half of Volume 2 up, and in one of those chapters, it
                  becomes demonstrably clear that Mikoto's possessiveness of Mai's
                  breasts is a surrogate mother thing. (Unless of course the
                  translations is way off. . . .)
                  I have to disagree, I much prefer the anime over the manga. The manga
                  is such typical shonen fare and follows a completely different
                  storyline than the anime. Tate is the angsty main character with a
                  troubled past, he is also a "key" which is required for the Hime to
                  summon their Children. Usually, one key per Hime, and all the keys
                  appear to be boys. Tate is, of course, special in that both Natsuki and
                  Mai can use him to summon their Children, and his "key" radius is much,
                  much larger. (More phallic symbolism fodder for mellowrg. :-D) Yawn.
                  At this point, Shizuru and her thing for Natsuki, seems to be one of
                  the only similarities between the two.

                  -==-
                  Serge
                  http://ximatl.blogspot.com
                • mellowrg
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 29, 2004

                    Tate is the angsty main character with a
                    > troubled past, he is also a "key" which is required for the Hime to
                    > summon their Children. Usually, one key per Hime, and all the keys
                    > appear to be boys. Tate is, of course, special in that both Natsuki and
                    > Mai can use him to summon their Children, and his "key" radius is much,
                    > much larger. (More phallic symbolism fodder for mellowrg. :-D) Yawn.
                    > At this point, Shizuru and her thing for Natsuki, seems to be one of
                    > the only similarities between the two.
                    >
                    > -==-
                    > Serge
                    > http://ximatl.blogspot.com

                    Yukino's key is Haruka and vice versa. Although, that doesn't
                    necessarily mean Haruka will be a Hime as well in the anime.

                    Midori-chan's key is her pet bird. Heh.

                    But really, the manga is horrendous. Those who think otherwise are
                    just caught in the "oh wow! it's different! action! fanservice
                    zomgwtf!" factor.

                    And I certainly can't accept a Natsuki x Tate x Mai love triangle.
                    Ick. **spit
                  • Chalcahuite
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 29, 2004
                      On Dec 29, 2004, at 11:10 PM, mellowrg wrote:

                      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Tate is the angsty main character with a
                      >> troubled past, he is also a "key" which is required for the Hime to
                      >> summon their Children. Usually, one key per Hime, and all the keys
                      >> appear to be boys. Tate is, of course, special in that both Natsuki
                      >> and
                      >> Mai can use him to summon their Children, and his "key" radius is
                      >> much,
                      >> much larger. (More phallic symbolism fodder for mellowrg. :-D) Yawn.
                      >> At this point, Shizuru and her thing for Natsuki, seems to be one of
                      >> the only similarities between the two.
                      >>
                      >> -==-
                      >> Serge
                      >> http://ximatl.blogspot.com
                      >
                      > Yukino's key is Haruka and vice versa. Although, that doesn't
                      > necessarily mean Haruka will be a Hime as well in the anime.
                      >
                      > Midori-chan's key is her pet bird. Heh.

                      You're obviously farther along than I am. So I stand corrected.

                      > But really, the manga is horrendous. Those who think otherwise are
                      > just caught in the "oh wow! it's different! action! fanservice
                      > zomgwtf!" factor.

                      Well, I'm always a sucker for fanservice and tentacles, but . . .
                      I'm not a big fan of the art style either, it's trying to be rough and
                      gritty I think, but, ends up just being weak. Though, it's probably
                      bias from watching the anime first and reading scanlations taken from
                      the monthly instead of a tankoubon. But, yeah, I don't like it really.
                      (Will I stop reading, no, it hasn't completely pissed me off yet. ;)

                      > And I certainly can't accept a Natsuki x Tate x Mai love triangle.
                      > Ick. **spit

                      Especially these incarnations of Mai and Natsuki. They're too
                      stereotypical bad girl, but not really and genki, yet ditzy, at this
                      point. Give them different names and it could be any shonen story.

                      -==-
                      Serge
                      http://ximatl.blogspot.com