Re: [Yuricon] OT: Anime waiting to happen

  • Polarisreborn13@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
      In a message dated 12/1/2004 11:47:27 A.M. Central Standard Time, ximatl@... writes:
      http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?
      type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=6966557&src=eDialog/
      GetContent&section=news )
      wow..it is!
    • what is a dooky
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
        I was trying to think of a hilarious pun-title for this, but
        tragically the best I could come up with was "You're Under Hostess!"

        No, it really is pretty terrible.

        dooky, who thinks Erica should copyright the idea before anyone else
        does, then use the proceeds to fund unnecessarily extravagant Yuricon
        events.
      • Jeyl
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
          > I was trying to think of a hilarious pun-title for this, but
          > tragically the best I could come up with was "You're Under Hostess!"
          >
          > No, it really is pretty terrible.
          >
          > dooky, who thinks Erica should copyright the idea before anyone else
          > does, then use the proceeds to fund unnecessarily extravagant Yuricon
          > events.

          I'm sorry, but you can't copyright short phrases, or ideas.
          And just out of curiosity, what are you punning?

          Anyway, I have some questions regarding this new yowcow shopping
          system. Has anybody used it yet? I found something on one of there
          forms that bothered the heck out of me.

          If you check the "fast pay credit card option", you will notice in the
          terms and conditions that something sounds fishy.

          I/We hereby authorize Ezi Debit Australia Pty Ltd to make periodic
          withdrawals from the financial institution specified above on behalf of
          the business as described above.

          Note the "periodic withdrawals". I don't know about anyone else, but
          that sounds dangerous. You are faxing them your whole credit card
          number along with the CCV. Why would they periodicly make withdrawals
          on your credit card for just one order? And to make things even more
          fishy, yowcow doesn't have a single phone number in which to contact
          them with. They only have fax numbers.

          I'm sorry if I may sound too paranoid about this topic, but I just want
          to shop on yuricon.com without somebody trying to rip me off like anime
          castle did.
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Jeyl <theo@v...> wrote:
            > > I was trying to think of a hilarious pun-title for this, but
            > > tragically the best I could come up with was "You're Under
            Hostess!"

            > I'm sorry if I may sound too paranoid about this topic, but I just
            want
            > to shop on yuricon.com without somebody trying to rip me off like
            anime
            > castle did.

            Well, that's sort of a different issue. Yuricon won't rip you off,
            period.

            I went back a read the agreement, and it seems that YowCow is
            referring to the schedule of fees. I can't answer for how wonderful
            Yow Cow will be in the long run, but they are, from my perspective, a
            very reasonable alternative to the evil online payment system from the
            Dark Ages.