OT: Anime waiting to happen

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
      So this article (
      http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?
      type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=6966557&src=eDialog/
      GetContent§ion=news ) struck me as a concept begging to be
      animated. Just thought I'd share.

      -==-
      Serge
      http://ximatl.blogspot.com
    • Polarisreborn13@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
        In a message dated 12/1/2004 11:47:27 A.M. Central Standard Time, ximatl@... writes:
        http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?
        type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=6966557&src=eDialog/
        GetContent&section=news )
        wow..it is!
      • what is a dooky
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
          I was trying to think of a hilarious pun-title for this, but
          tragically the best I could come up with was "You're Under Hostess!"

          No, it really is pretty terrible.

          dooky, who thinks Erica should copyright the idea before anyone else
          does, then use the proceeds to fund unnecessarily extravagant Yuricon
          events.
        • Jeyl
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
            > I was trying to think of a hilarious pun-title for this, but
            > tragically the best I could come up with was "You're Under Hostess!"
            >
            > No, it really is pretty terrible.
            >
            > dooky, who thinks Erica should copyright the idea before anyone else
            > does, then use the proceeds to fund unnecessarily extravagant Yuricon
            > events.

            I'm sorry, but you can't copyright short phrases, or ideas.
            And just out of curiosity, what are you punning?

            Anyway, I have some questions regarding this new yowcow shopping
            system. Has anybody used it yet? I found something on one of there
            forms that bothered the heck out of me.

            If you check the "fast pay credit card option", you will notice in the
            terms and conditions that something sounds fishy.

            I/We hereby authorize Ezi Debit Australia Pty Ltd to make periodic
            withdrawals from the financial institution specified above on behalf of
            the business as described above.

            Note the "periodic withdrawals". I don't know about anyone else, but
            that sounds dangerous. You are faxing them your whole credit card
            number along with the CCV. Why would they periodicly make withdrawals
            on your credit card for just one order? And to make things even more
            fishy, yowcow doesn't have a single phone number in which to contact
            them with. They only have fax numbers.

            I'm sorry if I may sound too paranoid about this topic, but I just want
            to shop on yuricon.com without somebody trying to rip me off like anime
            castle did.
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Jeyl <theo@v...> wrote:
              > > I was trying to think of a hilarious pun-title for this, but
              > > tragically the best I could come up with was "You're Under
              Hostess!"

              > I'm sorry if I may sound too paranoid about this topic, but I just
              want
              > to shop on yuricon.com without somebody trying to rip me off like
              anime
              > castle did.

              Well, that's sort of a different issue. Yuricon won't rip you off,
              period.

              I went back a read the agreement, and it seems that YowCow is
              referring to the schedule of fees. I can't answer for how wonderful
              Yow Cow will be in the long run, but they are, from my perspective, a
              very reasonable alternative to the evil online payment system from the
              Dark Ages.