Re: Quick question for owners of the UTENA movie DVD.

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
      > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:48:16 -0000, "shenotski" <duomaxwell@f...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > Shh! We'd better Jeep it quiet, otherwise all this race-ist car-ping
      > will spoil the movie for Jen...

      Oh, not at all. I've already seen the movie (search the YuriCon ML
      archives for "Utena popped my adolescence". Sucks that the website
      can only search a few posts at a time, though).

      There, y'see? No need for anyone to cruelly judge and smite DVD
      encodes. People like me download 'em, watch a lovely hi-quality AVI,
      and because we liked it, go out and buy the DVD. The system works. ^_^

      ...although I DO delete all webcomics from my PC when said webcomic
      starts publishing it in book format. I mean, there's wrong and
      there's wrong. ^_^

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen
    • rosepress@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2004
        In a message dated 12/1/2004 6:15:35 AM Central Standard Time, puni@... writes:
        ...although I DO delete all webcomics from my PC when said webcomic
        starts publishing it in book format.  I mean, there's wrong and
        there's wrong.  ^_^
        I keep it on my PC, AND buy the book format. Why not?

        Rose
      • Jen
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 12, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:

          > "Oh, not at all. I've already seen the movie (search the YuriCon ML
          > archives for 'Utena popped my adolescence'."

          Well, it's anime night; and feeling gushy, I decided to screen the
          Utena movie. Two things:

          1. I hate I hate I HATE karaoke subs. I want my BackGround Music in
          the BACK GROUND, dammit! What's the point of seeing "Mou ichido deau"
          when half the catpack can't understand it? I understand it, which
          makes me hate it all the more. -_-

          2. The Dance Among the Stars scene was the first thing that came into
          my mind when the moment was subtly replayed in GAKUEN ALICE episode 2,
          starring the Kodocha-riffic babydyke Mikan. I knew then and there I'd
          be making a music video of it someday. Now that everyone's gone home,
          it's the perfect moment to spend an hour in front of the PC doin' my
          thang while Fairly Perceptive Spouse sleeps it off behind me. ^_^

          http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/RG-Alice.zip

          This ain't an official submission to Yuri Studios (if it was, I'd be
          posting on THAT Mailing List). This is just me changing the music for
          just that one scene. Anyway... I was grinning the whole time I worked
          on it, so a good time was had by all. Enjoy!

          Kisses XXOOXX
          Jen