Re: [Yuricon] Re: Quick question for owners of the UTENA movie DVD.

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2004
      On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:48:16 -0000, "shenotski" <duomaxwell@...>
      wrote:

      > Good luck, the utena movie will DRIVE you crazy.

      Shh! We'd better Jeep it quiet, otherwise all this race-ist car-ping
      will spoil the movie for Jen...
      .oO("(the cracked version)" )
    • Jen
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
        > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:48:16 -0000, "shenotski" <duomaxwell@f...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > Shh! We'd better Jeep it quiet, otherwise all this race-ist car-ping
        > will spoil the movie for Jen...

        Oh, not at all. I've already seen the movie (search the YuriCon ML
        archives for "Utena popped my adolescence". Sucks that the website
        can only search a few posts at a time, though).

        There, y'see? No need for anyone to cruelly judge and smite DVD
        encodes. People like me download 'em, watch a lovely hi-quality AVI,
        and because we liked it, go out and buy the DVD. The system works. ^_^

        ...although I DO delete all webcomics from my PC when said webcomic
        starts publishing it in book format. I mean, there's wrong and
        there's wrong. ^_^

        Kisses XXOOXX
        Jen
      • rosepress@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2004
          In a message dated 12/1/2004 6:15:35 AM Central Standard Time, puni@... writes:
          ...although I DO delete all webcomics from my PC when said webcomic
          starts publishing it in book format.  I mean, there's wrong and
          there's wrong.  ^_^
          I keep it on my PC, AND buy the book format. Why not?

          Rose
        • Jen
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 12, 2005
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:

            > "Oh, not at all. I've already seen the movie (search the YuriCon ML
            > archives for 'Utena popped my adolescence'."

            Well, it's anime night; and feeling gushy, I decided to screen the
            Utena movie. Two things:

            1. I hate I hate I HATE karaoke subs. I want my BackGround Music in
            the BACK GROUND, dammit! What's the point of seeing "Mou ichido deau"
            when half the catpack can't understand it? I understand it, which
            makes me hate it all the more. -_-

            2. The Dance Among the Stars scene was the first thing that came into
            my mind when the moment was subtly replayed in GAKUEN ALICE episode 2,
            starring the Kodocha-riffic babydyke Mikan. I knew then and there I'd
            be making a music video of it someday. Now that everyone's gone home,
            it's the perfect moment to spend an hour in front of the PC doin' my
            thang while Fairly Perceptive Spouse sleeps it off behind me. ^_^

            http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/RG-Alice.zip

            This ain't an official submission to Yuri Studios (if it was, I'd be
            posting on THAT Mailing List). This is just me changing the music for
            just that one scene. Anyway... I was grinning the whole time I worked
            on it, so a good time was had by all. Enjoy!

            Kisses XXOOXX
            Jen