Re: Question on Devil Lady *spoilers*

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 9, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shenotski" <duomaxwell@f...> wrote:

      > Ok what i'm going ot ask will involve spoilers for the devil lady.
      >
      > **Spoiler warning**
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > *
      > Ok thats enough.
      > I watched all of the devil lady.

      I'm assuming this is for the manga.

      > Allright i get most of the end of the devil lady except for one
      > thing. How does having sex with Jun cause Asuka to be reborn
      > as "god"? There's some idea i'm missing since, i don't quite
      > understand this concept. How does having sex make someone become
      > reborn, wouldn't it produce some sort of weird Asuka Jun Child that
      > would be "god". Or is it some sort of sacrafical defiance of purity
      > like every other demon is trying to do, by sacrificing a virgin to
      > achive some sort of power for a ritual? Allright, thanks in advance.

      Jun doesn't have sex with Asuka...she has sex with Akira and then, as
      far as I understand it, *merges* with Asuka to become Saint Michael
      the Archangel. Together with Akira (aka Lucifer, aka Devilman)
      Jun/Asuka/St. Michael fights off the demon hordes invading hell.

      Now...why all of that happens, or how, I have absolutely NO idea. But
      it looks really interesting, doesn't it? LOL

    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 9, 2004
        I was refuring to the anime. i would like to read the manga.
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 9, 2004
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shenotski" <duomaxwell@f...> wrote:

          > I was refuring to the anime. i would like to read the manga.
          > >> I'm assuming this is for the manga.

          Then your question doesn't make any sense. Asuka and Jun never sleep
          together.

        • shenotski
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 9, 2004
            Then what did Asuka do to jun in the 2nd to last episode if it wasn't
            rape?
            > Then your question doesn't make any sense. Asuka and Jun never
            sleep
            > together.

          • Jeyl
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 10, 2004
              > Then your question doesn't make any sense. Asuka and Jun never sleep
              > together.

              WARNIGN! SPOILER! WARNING! SPOILER!
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -

              I believe Duo was referring to the scene where Jun is appears in some
              heavenly setting in episode 25 "GOD", where Asuka walks up to Jun in a
              white robe. Once she removes her robe, Jun asks
              "You're..."
              To which Asuka replies.
              "Neither man nor woman."
              Than Asuka continues to tell Jun that she loves Auka because she was
              never truly able to defy her, and lays Jun on the ground. Than Asuka
              goes on saying.
              "You seem happy, Jun. Have you been so impatient to receive my body?"
              Jun of course gives her a grinning look, to which Asuka replies.
              "But you know, I was even more impatient. I couldn't wait to give you
              what you wanted. This day I will violate you as the last Beast and
              become the Child of God."
              To which (WARNING! The following description contains sexual content)
              Asuka spreads Jun's legs out, lays on top of her, and asks Jun to kiss
              her to prove her love for her. After licking her lips, Asuka kisses
              Jun, than proceeds to, um. I know I'm going to get in trouble for this.
              She then proceeds to "Violate" Jun in a humping fashion. After some
              scenes back on earth, we than cut back to Jun and Asuka, where Asuka
              says
              "Jun, thank you. You were born for my sake and you'll die for my sake.
              You've enjoyed yourself a great deal too, so you should be fine with
              that."
              After that, Jun starts screaming, the ground collapses underneath her,
              and she starts falling.
              I'm sorry if this offended any of you, it is a 17+ series. I hope this
              helps explain Duo's case. However, I'm a little surprised you didn't
              think of this scene Erica. Though they may not be "sleeping" with each
              other, it is a sexual moment to the highest degree. Violate, spreading
              the legs, and humping, that pretty much sums up what Duo was trying to
              say. Now, if that's not the case, please tell us how it isn't so.
              Because anyone (Duo and myself for example) who watches this scene will
              definitely come to the conclusion that they did in fact have "sex" with
              each other, which causes Asuka's transformation.

              Again, I apologize if this offended anyone.

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > <lrec_scuba_082004.jpg>
              > <l.gif>
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > Service.

            • Aaliyah Lawrence
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 10, 2004

                I have seen this series twice, you ave very accurate in your description.  Thank you for clairfy this to everyone.

                Aaliyah
                >From: Jeyl <theo@...> >Reply-To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Question on Devil Lady *spoilers* >Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:36:51 -0500 > >>Then your question doesn't make any sense. Asuka and Jun never >>sleep >> together. >> >> Cheers, >> >> Erica >WARNIGN! SPOILER! WARNING! SPOILER! >- >- >- >- >- >- >- >- >- >- >- >- >- >- > > >I believe Duo was referring to the scene where Jun is appears in >some heavenly setting in episode 25 "GOD", where Asuka walks up to >Jun in a white robe. Once she removes her robe, Jun asks >"You're..." >To which Asuka replies. >"Neither man nor woman." >Than Asuka continues to tell Jun that she loves Auka because she was >never truly able to defy her, and lays Jun on the ground. Than Asuka >goes on saying. >"You seem happy, Jun. Have you been so impatient to receive my >body?" >Jun of course gives her a grinning look, to which Asuka replies. >"But you know, I was even more impatient. I couldn't wait to give >you what you wanted. This day I will violate you as the last Beast >and become the Child of God." >To which (WARNING! The following description contains sexual >content) Asuka spreads Jun's legs out, lays on top of her, and asks >Jun to kiss her to prove her love for her. After licking her lips, >Asuka kisses Jun, than proceeds to, um. I know I'm going to get in >trouble for this. She then proceeds to "Violate" Jun in a humping >fashion. After some scenes back on earth, we than cut back to Jun >and Asuka, where Asuka says >"Jun, thank you. You were born for my sake and you'll die for my >sake. You've enjoyed yourself a great deal too, so you should be >fine with that." >After that, Jun starts screaming, the ground collapses underneath >her, and she starts falling. >I'm sorry if this offended any of you, it is a 17+ series. I hope >this helps explain Duo's case. However, I'm a little surprised you >didn't think of this scene Erica. Though they may not be "sleeping" >with each other, it is a sexual moment to the highest degree. >Violate, spreading the legs, and humping, that pretty much sums up >what Duo was trying to say. Now, if that's not the case, please tell >us how it isn't so. Because anyone (Duo and myself for example) who >watches this scene will definitely come to the conclusion that they >did in fact have "sex" with each other, which causes Asuka's >transformation. > >Again, I apologize if this offended anyone. > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor >> >>ADVERTISEMENT >><lrec_scuba_082004.jpg> >><l.gif> >> >>Yahoo! Groups Links >> >> � To visit your group on the web, go to: >>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yuricon/ >>  >> � To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >>Yuricon-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com >>  >> � Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of >>Service. >> >>
              • shenotski
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 10, 2004
                  Spoilers**
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  *
                  ****
                  Thanks for the description, yes that is the scene i'm talking about. I
                  was palnning on uploading a ton of scene caps and write out the
                  dialog, thank you for helping.

                  Still i want to know how exactly does this lead to asuka transforming?

                  On another note ive noticed thatin alot of shojo the main villan seams
                  to have sex with the main female lead with or without their concent.
                  Asuka in Devil lady, Akio in Utena, The charlies angels movie ( try to
                  remember as little about that as i can), Fashugi Yugi, Well her lover
                  going evil who isn't quite the main villan, it's a similar theme though.

                  This basicly just seems to exist in Female stories not really ever in
                  male stories. Pulp Fiction is the only case where i can think of a man
                  getting raped and thats by another man. There's also disclosure,
                  though that is about the assumtion by socioty that a women couldn't
                  possibly sexually harras a man.

                  So why does the "rape" scene happen in female stories and not often in
                  male, is it considered an accepted pitfall of the female gender? Can
                  gender equality truely ever exist when both sides inforce thats
                  genders bias. Notice that in Utena everyone has the bodies of super
                  models, the general bias in shojo is that almost everyone looks pritty.

                  The general Bias for males is violence and or action, in the case of
                  women the bias from the shojo side seems to be inforced but from a
                  male perspective, a womens looks are for more important to a female
                  charecter then lets say her inteligence. Conversly the same seems to
                  aply to males in things like sitcoms. Friends is a great example of
                  this, the dumb charecters are both male and female. But the dub males
                  outnumber the dumb female. The smart females outnumber the smart male.

                  Given gender bias the scene seems to be geared twords females (There
                  is a male part since men like seeing 2 girls get it on), i still don't
                  quite understand the progression from the rape scene in the devil lady
                  to it causing asuka to become god, and i understood LAIN. Please, even
                  speculation would help.

                  Thank you, and yes i like to rant a bit.

                  -Isaac Fischer
                • Jeyl
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 10, 2004
                    I'm probably going to feel embarrassed after I send this, but since
                    you're so curious about it, and Erica hasn't said anything yet, I might
                    as well try. If we look at the series, Asuka has been impatiently
                    waiting for that moment with Jun since the start. When it finally came
                    to Asuka finally doing it with Jun, I can only assume that it had more
                    to do with becoming one with Jun rather then just being a kind of
                    spell, or something. Cause if you look at it, Asuka was portrayed as an
                    Angel, and Jun as a Devil. Put the two together, and you probably have
                    a reasonable conclusion as to what caused her to transformation. She's
                    an angel, and she's a devil. She needs to join with something from a
                    different world in order to become more. You see, when it comes to
                    portraying sex in anime, some writers usually like to handle it a lot
                    differently than just simple love making, or rape in this case. It is a
                    way to more dramatically show how evil Asuka is to Jun when the scene
                    occurs. I mean, think about it. If Asuka just said "Abra Kadabra!", and
                    became the child of God, that wouldn't have been an appropriate turning
                    point. The writers for Devil Lady wanted something that really involved
                    Asuka and Jun, so it would make their stories have a stronger
                    connection. I don't think they could've done it any other way.

                    Now, in regards to you curiosity about why it's always the females
                    getting in these sort of situations does bring up a few points. I'm
                    going to say something that will probably cause much hatred on this
                    mailing list..... Ok. Still debating on whether or not I should say
                    it............. Alright. In a matter of natural history, females are
                    more vulnerable to sex than men are. TOTALLY DEBATABLE! I mean no
                    disrespect to anyone. I hate myself a great deal for saying this, but
                    by gosh, I'm trying to make a point. Like you said. People are more
                    accustomed to seeing female characters become victims in these cases
                    since they are the ones who are, technically, on the open side. Females
                    are the only ones who get anything out of sex. Sure the males get to
                    share the child, but it's the women who bear them. It's that difference
                    that the female characters have that makes them more sensitive to the
                    story. I am certain that there are male stories that go along the lines
                    as this series did, but I think this is what the general audience is
                    used to.

                    Feel free to send me hate mails. I probably sound like a perverted
                    sexist jerk. Ok, I'm in trouble.
                  • Polarisreborn13@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 10, 2004
                      nope..not perverted sexist jerk...its true.. it is what people are used to... i suppose its more shoking to the general public to see a male get raped.... hmmmmm.... yup i suppose
                    • Johann Chua
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 11, 2004
                        On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:58:22 -0000
                        "shenotski" <duomaxwell@...> wrote:

                        > So why does the "rape" scene happen in female stories and not often in
                        > male, is it considered an accepted pitfall of the female gender? Can

                        Supposedly one out of four women in the U.S. has been raped. That's
                        with estimating unreported rape cases. Not sure how it was calculated
                        to take into account women who've been raped multiple times.

                        Men being raped is probably even more under-reported but the actual
                        number isn't likely to be close to the women's. When we finally got a
                        domestic violence law passed last year, it was only after the first
                        draft was rejected by feminist activists and legislators for the glaring
                        flaw of having gender-neutral language--that is, men could be considered
                        victims. The final draft made sure that only women and children would
                        be protected because Philippine statistics showed _absolutely no
                        incidents_ of men being abused by their wives or live-in partners
                        (though it did specify the possibility of women abusing women). Women
                        beating up or threatening to beat up their husbands is just good comedy.
                        ("I'm not a feminist; I'm an egalitarian" is one of my favorite Warene
                        Ellis quotes.)