Re: Recruiting for "The List"

  • shenotski
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 5, 2004
      The dubbing on key it is very good.Then again if you have a thing
      against dubs i dought this will change your mind.
      > Sub, of course. The only way that I can force myself to watch Dubbed
      is it
      > it's free On Demand.
    • Jeyl
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 5, 2004
        I have always preferred the sub format when watching anime, but I still
        believe dubbing is necessary. Trust me, I think "Innocence" would have
        made more if it were dubbed. All those visuals that were going on
        screen, and having to read the subtitles at the bottom of the screen
        really does make the whole thing a different viewing experience. This
        is just my opinion.

      • rosepress@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 5, 2004
          In a message dated 11/5/2004 5:34:38 AM Central Standard Time, theo@... writes:
          I have always preferred the sub format when watching anime, but I still
          believe dubbing is necessary. Trust me, I think "Innocence" would have
          made more if it were dubbed. All those visuals that were going on
          screen, and having to read the subtitles at the bottom of the screen
          really does make the whole thing a different viewing experience. This
          is just my opinion.
          I like 'em both, but as my ears age and the high frequencies drop out, I'm relying more and more on subs.

          Rose
        • mantennashowers@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 5, 2004
            In a message dated 11/5/2004 3:34:40 AM Pacific Standard Time, theo@... writes:
            I have always preferred the sub format when watching anime, but I still
            believe dubbing is necessary. Trust me, I think "Innocence" would have
            made more if it were dubbed. All those visuals that were going on
            screen, and having to read the subtitles at the bottom of the screen
            really does make the whole thing a different viewing experience. This
            is just my opinion.
            From what I've observed, voice talent can help immensely with a show's quality when the animation resources are limited or skimped on. For a while, I watched Pokemon in raw Japanese after renting the bikini contest episode at Video Jun. The voice talent really worked with energizing the limited animation.

            Unfortunately, anime dub companies keep a limited actor roster and/or outsource to Canada for the most part. This past week, I got some mp3s of various WB toon themes in Japanese and they sounded great. But even though you get someone like Ikue Ootani (Pikachu, Chopper) covering Dot Warner in Japan, the reverse won't happen with a VA union member doing an anime dub.