Re: Yuri goggles and this season's anime

  • mellowrg
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...> wrote:

      > >In the Rozen Maiden field there's Suigintou. She just strikes me as
      > >one. Especially when she obsesses over Shinku. A major S type lesbian,
      > >but a lesbian none the less. I'm looking forward to see her
      > >interaction with her owner.
      >
      > S-type? Sad? Sorry-ass? LOL What exactly is an S-type?

      S as in S and M. She's a sadist. Shimako from Marimite would be an M.
    • mellowrg
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:

        > No kidding... Of course, I'm in little doubt that Himeko will turn out
        > to be depressingly straight and that Chikane will end up doing the
        > embittered if-I-can't-have-her-no-one-can thing later on, before finally
        > being defeated by Boring Robot Guy. At least episode 4 gives us some
        > handy dark-and-painful-past to be overcome in the course of gratuitous
        > slashing, I suppose.

        Ehh..? I guess we graduated from different schools of cliche. The way
        I see it, Himeko will save Chikane from the dark side with the power
        of Luv~~ and they'll both summon and pilot the golden mech of doom. It
        just happens that everything will happen in a very cliche manner. XD
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 1, 2004
          On Nov 1, 2004, at 4:49 PM, mellowrg wrote:
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
          >
          >> No kidding... Of course, I'm in little doubt that Himeko will turn
          >> out
          >> to be depressingly straight and that Chikane will end up doing the
          >> embittered if-I-can't-have-her-no-one-can thing later on, before
          >> finally
          >> being defeated by Boring Robot Guy. At least episode 4 gives us some
          >> handy dark-and-painful-past to be overcome in the course of gratuitous
          >> slashing, I suppose.
          >>

          > Ehh..? I guess we graduated from different schools of cliche. The way
          > I see it, Himeko will save Chikane from the dark side with the power
          > of Luv~~ and they'll both summon and pilot the golden mech of doom. It
          > just happens that everything will happen in a very cliche manner. XD

          Hmm, based on this guy's other works I'm thinking one of two scenarios,
          bad guys lose at the end, and despite all the character interactions,
          Himeko's relationship with Souma and Chikane remains exactly the way it
          was at the beginning of the series or she picks one, and the other dies
          in a heroically sacrificial way to prove the depth of their feelings,
          and at the last moment we get a reset so it's as if the entire series
          never really happened. See Steel Angel Kurumi and UFO Princess
          Valkyrie.

          -==-
          Serge
          http://ximatl.blogspot.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 1, 2004
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mellowrg" <mellowrg@y...> wrote:

            > S as in S and M. She's a sadist. Shimako from Marimite would be an
            M.

            While I can certainly agree that Shinku is a sadist, I can hardly see
            Shimako as a masochist. -_- Where do you see her behavior being
            masochistic?

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 1, 2004
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mellowrg" <mellowrg@y...> wrote:

              > > No kidding... Of course, I'm in little doubt that Himeko will
              turn out
              > > to be depressingly straight and that Chikane will end up doing the
              > > embittered if-I-can't-have-her-no-one-can thing later on, before
              finally
              > > being defeated by Boring Robot Guy.
              >
              > Ehh..? I guess we graduated from different schools of cliche. The
              way
              > I see it, Himeko will save Chikane from the dark side with the power
              > of Luv~~ and they'll both summon and pilot the golden mech of doom.
              It
              > just happens that everything will happen in a very cliche manner. XD

              I vote for mellowrg's cliche'd ending! :)

              Ah, the power of lurv. It's always so blonde. LOL

            • mellowrg
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 1, 2004

                > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mellowrg" <mellowrg@y...> wrote:
                >
                > > S as in S and M. She's a sadist. Shimako from Marimite would be an
                > M.
                >
                > While I can certainly agree that Shinku is a sadist, I can hardly see
                > Shimako as a masochist. -_- Where do you see her behavior being
                > masochistic?

                She's likes to be hard on herself. She's strikes me as the type who
                would angst about Sei every night and secretly enjoy it.
              • Jen
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 1, 2004
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
                  wrote:

                  > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mellowrg" <mellowrg@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  >...I can hardly see Shimako as a masochist. -_- Where do you see
                  her behavior being masochistic?

                  I think it was the candle wax that did it. I *swear*, these DVD
                  specials are getting weirder and weirder. I just hope someone
                  fansubs it soon. RAW's are nice, but...

                  ...oh wait. Maybe you haven't seen that one yet. Not everyone's
                  found the new site since anime.mirkX relocated. Never mind.
                  (Spoilers bad... spoilers bad...)

                  ^_^

                  Kisses XXOOXX
                  Jen
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 2, 2004
                    >From: Adam Jones <adam@...>

                    >Amen. I almost feel less guilty about watching Re: Cutie Honey...

                    Never feel bad about watching Go Nagai. he is our god. :-)

                    Wasn't the end great? I just love Na-chan.

                  • Adam Jones
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 2, 2004
                      On 02-Nov-2004 10:45 -0500, Erica Friedman wrote:
                      >From: Adam Jones <adam@...>

                      > >Amen. I almost feel less guilty about watching Re: Cutie Honey...
                      > Never feel bad about watching Go Nagai. he is our god. :-)

                      I can't help it - I have a natural aversion to gratuitous fanservice.
                      (It tends to make me feel like even more of a bottom-feeder than I
                      clearly already am.)

                      > Wasn't the end great? I just love Na-chan.

                      Being rather comprehensionally-challenged when it comes to the
                      Japanese language, I'm still waiting on the fansub...
                      .oO("Archimedes Plutonium is a crank and I'm not..." )
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 2, 2004
                        >From: "Adam Jones" <adam@...>

                        > > >Amen. I almost feel less guilty about watching Re: Cutie Honey...
                        > > Never feel bad about watching Go Nagai. he is our god. :-)
                        >
                        >I can't help it - I have a natural aversion to gratuitous fanservice.
                        >(It tends to make me feel like even more of a bottom-feeder than I
                        >clearly already am.)

                        Oh, get over it. LOL Embrace your bottom-feeding tendencies openly.

                        > > Wasn't the end great? I just love Na-chan.
                        >
                        >Being rather comprehensionally-challenged when it comes to the
                        >Japanese language, I'm still waiting on the fansub...

                        Short version: Honey defeats Jill, goes off with Na-chan, who becomes
                        exceptionally butchy. The end. :-) HTH