Yuri Shimai 5 is imminent

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 21, 2004
      I was doing my usual, "Gee, I'm bored - what can I do to kill time
      until I can go home?" trawl around Amazon Japan and found that, at
      *last*!, the link for the next Yuri Shimai is up.

      The cover image is in "poster" phase, with no text, so you can get a
      good look at the art. Here's the link for those who are interested:
      http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/4896445554.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

      No specific order date is available, but there is a nice listing of
      the contents (yes, in Japanese...) on the MangaOh website:
      http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/topic/lilysister.php
      It's the usual suspects, reviews, short stories, games, doujinshi,
      etc.

      While you're on that particular page, btw, you can see several of the
      other original yuri anthologies I've reviewed in detail on Okazu. I
      haven't been able to bring myself to purchase any of the plethora of
      Marimite doujinshi anthologies, however.

      In any case, hopefully I will soon be writing glowing paeans of joy
      about YS 5. Yay. :-)

    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 21, 2004
        Well i do beleave that i am allowed to list yuri as being in video
        games. Anyways the game was developed with you playing as a male
        skater in mind. Well the dialog is the same for every charecter no
        mater what gender you play. One of the missions involved impressing a
        bunch of bakini chicks on the beach side. And the dialog the women
        throw out, just makes it yuri. Anyways some unintentional yuri for
        you all.
      • ILuvNaoTakagi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 21, 2004
          LOL i love that game, its so flippin easy and funny
          cant wait for Tony Hawk Underground 2, its coming soon whee!!
          and yeah the impressing bikini chicks, thats classic, and how orgasmic are those wallplants?!
        • what is a dooky
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 24, 2004
            There was a Playstation game a few years back called Fear Effect 2,
            which famously featured two lesbians as the main characters. I've
            never played it, although I'm tempted to track down a second hand
            copy now that I have a Playstation. I've just googled it, and the
            description that stuck in my mind the most was "cheerfully filthy".
            Sounds about right, then ^_~

            Oh, and for some altogether cuter yuri, try looking for the obscure
            but excellent Pocket Fighter for the Playstation. It's a Street
            Fighter/Darkstalkers crossover... with the difference being that all
            of the characters are in chibi-form. Special moves involve the
            characters transforming into various generic anime characters. In my
            favourite move, Chun Li transforms into a schoolgirl and gives a
            love letter to the other character. Since half of the characters are
            female, Chun Li is propositioning a woman fifty per cent of the
            time. I know, it's not much, but I'll take it... ^_^

            dooky
          • Regina Buenaobra
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 25, 2004
              --- what is a dooky <spookydooky@...> wrote:

              > There was a Playstation game a few years back called Fear Effect 2,
              > which famously featured two lesbians as the main characters. I've
              > never played it, although I'm tempted to track down a second hand
              > copy now that I have a Playstation. I've just googled it, and the
              > description that stuck in my mind the most was "cheerfully filthy".
              > Sounds about right, then ^_~

              From what I can recall from reviews, Fear Effect was an okay game, but the
              lesbianism was just pure titillation. I'm not sure what the sequel is like, but I
              think it's more of the same: yuri tacked on for the boys. Fear Effect actually
              got good enough reviews that I've wanted to play it. Just haven't got round to it
              yet.

              > Oh, and for some altogether cuter yuri, try looking for the obscure
              > but excellent Pocket Fighter for the Playstation. It's a Street
              > Fighter/Darkstalkers crossover... with the difference being that all
              > of the characters are in chibi-form. Special moves involve the
              > characters transforming into various generic anime characters. In my
              > favourite move, Chun Li transforms into a schoolgirl and gives a
              > love letter to the other character. Since half of the characters are
              > female, Chun Li is propositioning a woman fifty per cent of the
              > time. I know, it's not much, but I'll take it... ^_^

              Pocket Fighter is an awesome game if you like Street Fighter, and cuteness. THe
              music is also good. It's one of my prized PS1 games.

              http://messenger.yahoo.com
            • what is a dooky
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 25, 2004
                > From what I can recall from reviews, Fear Effect was an okay game,
                but the
                > lesbianism was just pure titillation.

                Well, so was Miyuki-chan in Wonderland, and everyone loves that ^_~

                > I'm not sure what the sequel is like, but I
                > think it's more of the same: yuri tacked on for the boys. Fear
                Effect actually
                > got good enough reviews that I've wanted to play it. Just haven't
                got round to it
                > yet.

                The more I look at reviews of this game, the less inclined I am to
                play it ^_^ It's odd, because I'm sure I remember the reviews at the
                time being quite positive, but it seems increasingly clear that the
                lesbian aspect was only included to shift more units, as t'were. Oh
                well...

                > Pocket Fighter is an awesome game if you like Street Fighter, and
                cuteness. THe
                > music is also good. It's one of my prized PS1 games.

                You are a person of impeccable taste ^_^ How many other games are
                there where you can attack your opponent by riding a moped into
                them/poking them with a giant syringe/hitting them with a cash
                register/attacking them with a giant robot while you drink
                coffee/summoning a chorus line of catgirls to kick them to death?

                dooky
              • shenotski
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 25, 2004
                  The first spider-man movie game had some funny yuri in it if you did
                  things right. You see at the end of the game in-game spider man
                  kisses mary jane. Conversly there's a code that lets you play as mary
                  jane in the game. Combine these two facts together and you get some
                  yuri.

                  Max payne 2 for the PC also lets you be able to do this. With Mona
                  Sax.
                • Jeyl
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 25, 2004
                    Oh, yes. I should also point out that If you play "Star Wars: Knights
                    of the Old Republic" with a romance mod that you can find at
                    www.kotor.com, you can have your character hook up with any of the love
                    interests characters regardless of gender! It would have been great if
                    it was like that anyway. I guess the only yuri friendly game that we
                    can all depend upon is "The Sims".

                    On Oct 25, 2004, at 10:31 AM, shenotski wrote:

                    > The first spider-man movie game had some funny yuri in it if you did
                    > things right. You see at the end of the game in-game spider man
                    > kisses mary jane. Conversly there's a code that lets you play as mary
                    > jane in the game. Combine these two facts together and you get some
                    > yuri.
                    >
                    > Max payne 2 for the PC also lets you be able to do this. With Mona
                    > Sax.
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    > <lrec_companion_043004.gif>
                    > <l.gif>
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    > Service.

                  • atua101
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 27, 2004
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Jeyl <theo@v...> wrote:
                      > Oh, yes. I should also point out that If you play "Star Wars:
                      Knights
                      > of the Old Republic" with a romance mod that you can find at
                      > www.kotor.com, you can have your character hook up with any of the
                      love
                      > interests characters regardless of gender! It would have been great
                      if
                      > it was like that anyway. I guess the only yuri friendly game that
                      we
                      > can all depend upon is "The Sims".

                      There's no need to use a romance mod to get a yuri "romance" with
                      Knights of the Old Republic. It's possible, albeit difficult to start
                      a romance of sorts with Juhani if you're a female character.
                      Unfortunately, the dialogue branch for this is notoriously buggy, so
                      YMMV even if you've done all the requisite things...

                      ~atua