Interesting comment on "Yuri Kokoro"

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2004
      Yuri Kokoro is a Japanese-language weblog I read on a semi-regular
      basis, for ideas of good (and bad) yuri anime and manga. I have to
      admit, the author's a little slow on anime, but is usually pretty fast
      on manga.

      You can read YK at: http://yuri.cocolog-nifty.com/ if you care to.

      I just wanted to share her thoughts on the first half of the Ibara no
      Mori arc of the Marimite manga, because I thought the *same* exact
      things. LOL

      Primarily, we both thought that Shiori was much prettier in her manga
      incarnation than she was in the anime. It made it harder to dislike
      her - because she seemed warmer and sweeter and less cold than the
      anime Shiori, who always seemed distant. I think it's good for the
      story, but bad for us, because of course, we *want* to dislike her. :
      -)

      The scene in the greenhouse is very long. LOL

      And Youko comes off much better in the manga (and, btw, the Drama CD)
      than she does in the anime, where her role is cut almost in half. In
      the anime, her concerns seem very random and "drive-by", but of
      course, they aren't. She is, after all, as close to a best friend as
      Sei has at this point...soon to become her best friend for real.

      Anyway, I thought these were interesting points. :-)