Marimite - Sachiko and Sei

  • secondontheleft
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      I thought I'd add my confused opinion here for the hell of it. In a
      lot of ways the character types are like many stories... well, maybe
      you do have to squint a bit but it still works on at least some levels.

      Characters like Sei were made to steal the show. She's a diva and we
      love her despite how terribly annoying she could prove if we actually
      had to deal with her on a regular basis. She's all the more
      fascinating because she isn't the main character. It makes her
      ability to take the spotlight more exciting for all of us that have
      tendencies to root for the underdog.

      I think Erica was getting at the same thing, but I feel that one of
      Sachiko's greatest pulls as a character is that she is harder to know.
      The only weakness in her armor seems to be her attachments to her
      rose family. Her coldness makes her similar any number of dark,
      tormented hero types. It's always their secret vulnerabilities that
      make them interesting at all. She's the girl that's good at
      everything... except the one thing that Yumi can do effortlessly. I
      guess they make a complete person and it's all terribly adorable.

      Heh, hopefully this isn't me making another poor posting decision.
      Love and peace, (as the great philosopher Vash says)
      Birdie