Re: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - no spoilers

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shenotski" <duomaxwell@f...> wrote:

      > question is there more over exposition about the
      fundimentals of existance or less then the first movie?

      Much more.

      In one scene, a guy (100% robot) standing 6 steps away from Batou &
      Togusa starts walking towards them, giving a speech about
      existence. After 65 or so slow steps and one dull speech, he's
      STILL standing about 6 steps away from them.

      What's more, there's frequent obscene acts of quotage. Here's a
      typical conversation from IGitS:

      TOGUSA: "Hey Bat-chan. Want some pizza?"

      BATOU: (quotes Nitsche)

      TOGUSA: (quotes Buddha)

      BATOU: (quotes Faust)

      TOGUSA: "Really?"

      BATOU: (quotes Engels)

      TOGUSA: (quotes Confucious)

      BATOU: (quotes Hubbard)

      TOGUSA: "Oh, F*ck you! Take the pizza!"

      Just like the 1st movie, you just know the parts when they're doing
      good animation just to show off... but dang, that's some GOOD
      animation. They deserve to show off.

      Me, I just miss the bratty Motoko from Masamune's books. Sure, she
      had deep thoughts, but Motoko was brash and wild and wasn't above
      punching Batou in the face for laffs when the occasion demanded.

      I say Mamoru Oshii got his turn with GitS #1 and his "Oh God I need
      to get laid" Motoko, and that should've been that. Time for someone
      else to have a go. MY vote goes to the MariMite crew. Just tweak
      with the Rosa Chinesis tenplate and lapse into the occasional
      chibi... and BOOM! Ghost in the Shell as Masamune intended.
      (according to me) ^_^

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen
    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 7, 2004
        Allright thanks for the info, Going to wait for the DVD then. Also
        because i can't go anywhere since i cought this danm cold thats
        going around my collage.

        Hope you all stay healthy.

        Isaac

      • unclero@lycos.nl
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 11, 2004
          > Yeah, I warned a friend of mine in advance, and since we were at a late
          > show, he admitted to dozing during the dialogue heavy scenes. Oshii
          > likes this theme a lot. I count 3 movies he's done on this now, Ghost
          > in the Shell, Avalon, Innocence. I haven't seen Jin-Roh yet, but I'd be
          > surprised if it wasn't similar.

          Avalon was, despite the great sfx, plain boring, I heard numerous stories of
          people sleeping during it.
          Add Urusei Yatsura: Beatiful Dreamer to the list.....since then, I hold a
          grudge against Oshii.

          Ro'
        • Regina Buenaobra
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 11, 2004
            --- unclero@... wrote:

            > > Yeah, I warned a friend of mine in advance, and since we were at a late
            > > show, he admitted to dozing during the dialogue heavy scenes. Oshii
            > > likes this theme a lot. I count 3 movies he's done on this now, Ghost
            > > in the Shell, Avalon, Innocence. I haven't seen Jin-Roh yet, but I'd be
            > > surprised if it wasn't similar.
            >
            > Avalon was, despite the great sfx, plain boring, I heard numerous stories of
            > people sleeping during it.
            > Add Urusei Yatsura: Beatiful Dreamer to the list.....since then, I hold a
            > grudge against Oshii.

            I totally loved Avalon. I think I'm in the minority in this, as I've read lots of
            opinions that mirror yours.

            Regina

            http://vote.yahoo.com
          • Trishane Lee
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 11, 2004
              I thought Avalon was cool besides the whole discolored Yellow vision thingy. that hurt my eyes until i got used to it but it did it's job.

              Shane