Re: [Yuricon] Nagareboshi Sentai Musumet

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
      On Oct 4, 2004, at 10:00 PM, atheniag wrote:

      > I have so many questions about this anime.

      Amen.

      > For one thing, who on earth is it FOR? It's fanservice galore and
      > utterly without merit. Stupid and cutsey, without being bad enough to
      > be funny

      Agreed.

      > ...I know that there are people who will like it, and I
      > shudder to think about them. They probabaly don't get out much. lol
      > If you value your sanity, stay away from NSM. Except for Serge - he'll
      > love it. LOL

      Aside from being right, what exactly are you implying here? ;)

      > Right off the top, when we learn that the blue-haired girl is named
      > "Aoi" I knew I was doomed. My first comment was, okay, so the
      > green-haired chick is Midori...I guess the red-head is Kurenai and..lo
      > and behold! I was right. Whee.
      >
      > Then there were the panty shots, and really inexplicable non-henshin
      > hensin.

      I don't know, if it was about fanservice, they could have been more
      blatant about it. But, yeah, totally lazy henshin. It'd be one thing
      if this were a parody, but I think they're playing this one straight,
      as it were. I think it's just crappy.

      > But the moment when the anime became genuinely craptastic, was when
      > the toilet mecha appeared. O_o

      With the "hot" plumber inside. I thought for a second I was watching a
      70's porn or something when he made his first appearance. "Hello,
      ladies. I'm the plumber, and I"ve come to lay some pipe. "

      > Oh, and the end credits have inexplicable yuri, with Shion (the
      > series' resident evil laugh chick, complete with two hench-chicks)
      > nearly kissing Kurenai and vice versa. There's certainly no hint of
      > that in the actual anime. Can you say "service"? I knew you could.

      Yes, Shion of gratuitous Engrish phrases. I think she's actually
      supposed to be a gaijin. Well, who knows where they're going with
      this one.