RE: [Yuricon] Re: Nagareboshi Sentai Musumet

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
      >From: "mellowrg" <mellowrg@...>

      >I'm mostly dissapointed by the lack of an "the origin of" episode.
      >It's a sentai show, darnit. Follow the staples.

      Origina ep to come, I'm bettin'...because, let's face, there is never going
      to be a plot. :-)

      >Other than that I'm willing to watch more of it. I'm jaded enough to
      >not to be jaded. XD

      I know exactly what you mean. :-)

    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
        On Oct 4, 2004, at 10:00 PM, atheniag wrote:

        > I have so many questions about this anime.

        Amen.

        > For one thing, who on earth is it FOR? It's fanservice galore and
        > utterly without merit. Stupid and cutsey, without being bad enough to
        > be funny

        Agreed.

        > ...I know that there are people who will like it, and I
        > shudder to think about them. They probabaly don't get out much. lol
        > If you value your sanity, stay away from NSM. Except for Serge - he'll
        > love it. LOL

        Aside from being right, what exactly are you implying here? ;)

        > Right off the top, when we learn that the blue-haired girl is named
        > "Aoi" I knew I was doomed. My first comment was, okay, so the
        > green-haired chick is Midori...I guess the red-head is Kurenai and..lo
        > and behold! I was right. Whee.
        >
        > Then there were the panty shots, and really inexplicable non-henshin
        > hensin.

        I don't know, if it was about fanservice, they could have been more
        blatant about it. But, yeah, totally lazy henshin. It'd be one thing
        if this were a parody, but I think they're playing this one straight,
        as it were. I think it's just crappy.

        > But the moment when the anime became genuinely craptastic, was when
        > the toilet mecha appeared. O_o

        With the "hot" plumber inside. I thought for a second I was watching a
        70's porn or something when he made his first appearance. "Hello,
        ladies. I'm the plumber, and I"ve come to lay some pipe. "

        > Oh, and the end credits have inexplicable yuri, with Shion (the
        > series' resident evil laugh chick, complete with two hench-chicks)
        > nearly kissing Kurenai and vice versa. There's certainly no hint of
        > that in the actual anime. Can you say "service"? I knew you could.

        Yes, Shion of gratuitous Engrish phrases. I think she's actually
        supposed to be a gaijin. Well, who knows where they're going with
        this one.